DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Helicopters get FARP's, us fixed wing guys need something too!

Couldn't you just put a runway leading up to the FARP that would allow planes to taxi onto it? Not sure how well it would work as you'd have to be very careful to avoid getting stuck...

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Isn't the Radar no. 1 task to search for ships in the ASuW role?

Yes that is correct, considering its age and type i would expect it to be close to useless against ground targets. Maybe somebody can correct me if i am wrong.

Viggen was after the retirement of the Lansen the only anti-ship carrier in SwAF which had a strong focus on ASuW strikes. It performed this duty more or less from 1971 to 2005 and was the only ASM carrier between 1978 to the mid 90s.

Couldn't you just put a runway leading up to the FARP that would allow planes to taxi onto it? Not sure how well it would work as you'd have to be very careful to avoid getting stuck...

There is no getting stuck with reverse thrust! :thumbup:

Yes that is correct, considering its age and type i would expect it to be close to useless against ground targets. Maybe somebody can correct me if i am wrong.

I got curious about this and had a look in the AJS 37 SFI because I suspected there was a ground mapping mode and it looks like there is: The attached picture is given for "radaranfall" and to me it looks like you can designate ground targets much like on any other attack aircraft via the "markör" designator. I think these images show ground only because they come from a section with images of the Viggen over ground only and there are in other portions of the SFI attack examples in a sea environment and in them the scope image looks distinctly different. Maybe someone can confirm or has more info on this?

Really look forward to testing this mode in combination with "sprängbomb m/71" :smilewink:

ajs37bskopbild.thumb.png.7a180acdfb60c1a89fce343e4eb4f3c1.png

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

Draken looks like 50s science fiction space ships :). Only difference, it is real life 50s designed aircraft :).

I would very much enjoy this one DCS too. There was a discussion in "Cobra's avatars" thread that, current avatar may or may not be a possible hint at a Draken :P.

Anyway, let us first see, and hoefuly enjoy the Viggen first :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Is that a picture of the swedish air force on it's way to the frontline? :P

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Regarding the AJ and AJS37 and RB75 (AGM-65 Maverick) anyone know how they aimed and locked it? AFAIK Sweden only used the TV-guided version.

See here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2699225&postcount=1401

picture (the round blue display to the right of the HUD):

2276741.jpg

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oh how I hope we get a DCS screenshot of the cockpit soon, I see that picture thrown about all over the forum and it just looks like so much fun!

So true :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

I bet Septembruary :P.

Seriously though, it is done when it's done but, I'd also love to see some 3d model shots like we've seen many of F-14, sometime soon hopefuly :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Draken looks like 50s science fiction space ships :). Only difference, it is real life 50s designed aircraft :)

+1

Though it seems to be a defining feature of Swedish aircraft, they tend to have a rather unique look and interesting design. Everything from the J-29 onward is pretty distinctive, they certainly stand out from the crowd.

I suppose the Gripen shares a similar layout with the other European 4.5+ fighters, but since the Viggen started that trend/aerodynamic layout - I'd call that resemblance an exception and more a matter that other countries caught on. ;)

I do love the look of the J-35 Draken, a wonderful thing to behold. :)

-Nick

Well we're nearing the end of the supposed month long crunch. Maybe we'll get to see something soon.

Especially since the last release estimation given to us was "1st half of 2016" IIRC. I know, it's no promise, but at least an update on the current status would be nice. Or how about an official announcement? ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Especially since the last release estimation given to us was "1st half of 2016" IIRC. I know, it's no promise, but at least an update on the current status would be nice.

sure but that estimate was from ED and not Leatherneck.

Edited by mattebubben

sure but that estimate was from ED and not Leatherneck.

Yeah the last one from leatherneck was within 2015 : ))

We'll see when we'll see, and we'll fly when we can. Tempering expectations about dates might be a good idea meanwhile :).

Still it'd be really cool to see something.

DCS-Dismounts Script

Thought I would share this here, the between 6:45-14:30 the main design is discussed and the first prototype is shown.

At 13:45 you can also see the launch of a RB05 missile and how the pilot moves the right hand from the control stick to the missile controls.

You can also clearly see the flare in the back of the missile that was used by the pilot to guide the missile towards the target.

Poznan4.jpg

Poznan6.jpg

Poznan9.jpg

Poznan10.jpg

Poznan8.jpg

Poznan1.jpg

Im ready!

(Aerofestival: Poznan Air Show, May 2016)

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro