DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Guys, I found something. No idea if this has been posted here already, but here's some sweet low level flying and Viggen HUD video...

But... the music... wtf is wrong with the music... It's like someone put 2 or 3 songs playing at the same time...

This is the video without the audio issue.

and i might as well add some other nice viggen videos that have been listed on the thread before (but many pages back)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEyY2Q37sYQ

Most of those videos are of the Recce variants though (SF and SH)

and the last video is an interesting video from the Sk 37 training variants that were modified to serve as ECM aircraft.

Edited by mattebubben

Is it just me or are there a couple of Viggens flying about in the F-14 video bunyap just posted? It's kind of hard to see because they're so far away, but it looks like it to me.

Edit: Screenshot. Looks like a Viggen to me at least!

vlcsnap-2016-09-17-00h34m25s533.png

Edited by Agremont

Our lead FM engineer is responsible for both the poor carrier trap and the Viggen tease. Direct pitchforks in that direction. :D

Bunyap said, in the vid, that Cobra has some texture work to do on the Viggen...

I think I'll keep my pitchfork directed at you!

Now get back to work! :)

Our lead FM engineer is responsible for both the poor carrier trap and the Viggen tease. Direct pitchforks in that direction. :D

The trap was bad because he was trying to give us good outside shots of the plane landing, next time give us a view from the Viggen cockpit so the poor man can focus on landing his plane on a postage stamp.

The trap was bad because he was trying to give us good outside shots of the plane landing, next time give us a view from the Viggen cockpit so the poor man can focus on landing his plane on a postage stamp.

Honestly, was expecting the gear to collapse, followed by bitchin betty saying "ENGINE LEFT, ENGINE RIGHT!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heh, that's actually true.

Since the tracks are broken, video recording is quite difficult, and it's actually all filmed "live" and spliced together.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Tell you what....

I'll fly chopper you record from the copilot seat so we have great outside shot of the landing....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

sorry for this stupid question but i didin't follow viggen topic.

is this plane going to be released very soon? before f-14?

if so why we haven't seen anything like screenshots or videos? is it a pr method?

sorry again.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

sorry for this stupid question but i didin't follow viggen topic.

is this plane going to be released very soon? before f-14?

if so why we haven't seen anything like screenshots or videos? is it a pr method?

sorry again.

Cobra said soon, but check his last posts here for more detailed info:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2901554&postcount=2865

Definitely before f14.

Viggen has been leaked by Steam pretty much. I do not think its a PR method.

I think its a method to stop people from hyping the shit out of stuff and getting frustrated with it

it not beeing released, while they think it _should_ be ready, because with their non software developer view they dont have a clue how ready something really is.

I enjoy it, that way we dont have that many people DOS the usefull information flow here. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

No problems!

Figured this might be interesting:

xTYmPwv.png

Bk 90 engagement envelope. Dashed line is what could actually be reached from a purely kinematic standpoint; solid line is the simplified area shape used by the aircraft's computer for launch permission calculation purposes.