DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Anyone else having trouble setting up popup points?

Have a look at post 56/57 In the above thread that "firmek" has linked.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Let me add a question, anyone got automatic leading to work with AKAN and ARAK? I'm in mastermode ANF, tracking the target then going trigger unsafe. At that point I would expect the sight to step as the necessary lead is applied, but it stays where it is. Weapons subsequently land behind the moving target.

We decided to have the velocity measurement function default off so you'll have to turn it on with the relevant code in TAKT (unlike the real airplane).

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

What's the reason for it being (deemed, at least) so useful IRL and so rarely used in DCS?

EDIT: I've never used it myself, impression is just that everyone turns it off.

Edited by Corrigan

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

What's the reason for it being (deemed, at least) so useful IRL and so rarely used in DCS?

EDIT: I've never used it myself, impression is just that everyone turns it off.

I can't attest to real pilots; but for us, it was mostly that everyone got very confused by it. (who were new to the aircraft).

They'd inadvertently begin to track a point and their sight would do crazy things (in their mind). Totally understandable, hence we flipped the on/off.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I just tried attacking a Tarantul III making 30 knots with the lead sight enabled. With the rockets it works good enough. I assume with some training you can get very accurate (of course the DCS damage model shrugs off a full salvo of AP rockets rather well). The gunpods on the other hand seem almost impossible to use.

Also, those AK-630 CIWS are murderous :) Requesting an Osa-class missile boat, Aist-class assault hovercraft or an ELINT trawler to strafe instead...

Another thing. Anyone got the precision dive bombing to work? My bombs are consistently falling long. QFE, radar ranging, steady tracking, without lead sight against fixed targets, with lead sight against moving targets.

I track the target and press and hold the trigger when the wings appear. According to the manual a steering order ring should guide me until all bombs are released. But the ring appears way below, superimposed over the timline bar and out of reach for any reasonable maneuver. The bombs drop within milliseconds and land long. It seems the moment the wings appear, I am already beyond the drop point. Am a missing how this mode works?

Another thing. Anyone got the precision dive bombing to work? My bombs are consistently falling long. QFE, radar ranging, steady tracking, without lead sight against fixed targets, with lead sight against moving targets.

I track the target and press and hold the trigger when the wings appear. According to the manual a steering order ring should guide me until all bombs are released. But the ring appears way below, superimposed over the timline bar and out of reach for any reasonable maneuver. The bombs drop within milliseconds and land long. It seems the moment the wings appear, I am already beyond the drop point. Am a missing how this mode works?

You have chosen hi-drag bombs? They have chute so that's why drop point in far.

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD

I really feel like they need to include the Valid / non valid weapon mixes in either the Manual or in the tutorial since there are so many people that

are having problems with this and are mixing weapons and then have no idea why it is no working.

And wherever the info is added it needs to be very obvious

(to where people cant miss it).

Another suggestion on a similar subject.

I feel like they should probably re-designate the RB 75B to AGM-65B

both to differentiate it from the Historical RB 75s carried by the Viggen and to give people a clear idea of what it is and the differences between it and the other RB 75s.

Edited by mattebubben

Nice video by Robin Takolander, showing that it is indeed possible to refuel/rearm at a FARP :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I really feel like they need to include the Valid / non valid weapon mixes in either the Manual or in the tutorial since there are so many people that

are having problems with this and are mixing weapons and then have no idea why it is no working.

And where ever the info is added it needs to be very obvious

(to where people cant miss it).

Another suggestion on a similar subject.

I feel like they should probably re-designate the RB 75B to AGM-65B

both to differentiate it from the Historical RB 75s carried by the Viggen and to give people a clear idea of what it is and the differences between it and the other RB 75s.

I fully agree with both of these.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
How to program the radar joke on Viggen.

Welcome to the forums!

Are you trying to assign it to a set of buttons (hat switch), or an axis (joystick/mouse nipple)?

Edit: you meant to say "yoke," right?

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Hello, friends. I can not assign a keyboard command to a command "Trigger safety brack SAFE / Trigger safety brack ARM". The cell in the "keyboard" column is not active. Sorry for my bad english zSjWn5mISPg.jpg

Edited by Antoshken

Hello, friends. I can not assign a keyboard command to a command "Trigger safety brack SAFE / Trigger safety brack ARM". The cell in the "keyboard" column is not active. Sorry for my bad english zSjWn5mISPg.jpg

i think they are only added to keyboard not joystick, will fix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

To assign to keyboard you must double click on keyboard column. To assign joy, press joy column

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD

To assign to keyboard you must double click on keyboard column. To assign joy, press joy column

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

There is a bug that isn't letting him do that.

Any veterans of this thread recall the infamous split S discussion?

In game, under pretty much optimal conditions (low fuel, medium airspeed, consistent 20° AoA) I managed a split S from about 2,400 ft (731m) AGL... barely. I think I pulled out with <50ft to spare. And that's with the recent turn performance update.

If I recall correctly, the story claimed a 500m split S in an operational aircraft (decent fuel load and reconnaissance equipment)... so I think we can put this one to bed ;)

Edited by Pocket Sized