New Eagle Missions : DoGFight Mission Pack 4.1

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Guest ThomasDWeiss

DOGPACK4.jpg

A ten mission pack that continues the campaign started in packs 2.1 and 3.1 , a 14 page pdf included with briefings for each mission.

:)

Had a go at the first two, but unfortunately just too many objects for my system to cope with. Any plans to produce a 'lite' version? Might have to ask Santa for a new PC.

Looks as though you put a lot of work into these missions.

Pentium D820 2.80GHz, 1024MB DDR2 memory, Radeon X700 Pro graphics card, Main Driver ati2dvag.dll version 6.14.0010.6543, DirectX 9.0c, Windows XP Media Center Edition.

No FPS problems here minimum is at 25 FPS. :)

But as a medium level player and a night mission noob I am truly dazzled by the amount of activities. :cry:

I have some hard practicing to do. :joystick: :joystick:

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Guest ThomasDWeiss

thanks guys :)

I tweaked the missions for FPS - balancing the objects load I kept the critical first ten minutes of a mission free of stutter as I could , but I did push the limit by going as far as LO can go.

I am trying to make these mission as much as possible alive with background 'noise' and a living environment , unfortunately that creates in LO some problems , that require some preventive actions:

- boot up, run LO, load the mission - run it, if FPS is low, pause then : ALT-TAB , when you return to the mission, move the view around the cockpit, then F2 and do the same , you will have an FPS boost.

I've made an FPS tweak for 1,12 , give it a try - some people found it useful.

Guest ThomasDWeiss
No FPS problems here minimum is at 25 FPS. :)

But as a medium level player and a night mission noob I am truly dazzled by the amount of activities. :cry:

I have some hard practicing to do. :joystick: :joystick:

I know - I got used to the Flanker, the Eagle requires you to be more careful, let them come to you, that is what I do: don't go hunting, ambush.

Just completed the first mission. Very nice, although my wingman elected to fly over an SA-6 site and died doing so. The F/A-18s got their job done.

Still had a few problems even though I removed most of the Blue objects. My poor old Microsoft FFII even had a bad case of the judders for some reason (300 KIAS) until I was a good 10 or 15 miles clear of the airfield - not a problem I've had before. Anyway, lots of action. And I like the PDF type briefings.

I had a go at a mission from the 'other' air combat sim yesterday. Flew all the way from Grotone Airport (Italy) to Belgrade and back again (mostly in x8 sim acceration) and nothing happened.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

You did the right thing - just be careful to leave the SAM units, you will need them in some missions.

Wingman have a mind of their own - and a death wish :D