ipad CDU app

Same here, last update for DCS broke this again for me.

I'm not getting any errors in the DCS.log that point at export.lua, but the app simply does not connect any longer. :(

EDIT: Never mind, after the update I needed to re-setup my firewall rule for DCS.exe. I'm using VIPRE (not windows) so your mileage might vary here, but I had to delete the DCS.exe allow all rule and then re-add it.

In a single player game, worked fine, no delays. Multiplayer it sometimes gets slow on me, but tonight at least it was OK. We'll see if it keeps working.

Edited by rottielover

• 4 weeks later...
Found fix!

Change this line: os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")

to comment it out by putting two dashes in front like this: --os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")

That seems to have solved the issue, though performance is not what it used to be. I used to be able to click a button and have near immediate results, now I'm getting a 1 to 3 second pause between. I can live with it for now

YEAH MEN, YOU THE BEST, MY CDU IS BACK TO LIVE. THANK YOU.

• 3 weeks later...

I've followed all the instructions. I can get the data from the CDU to show in my iPad and when I click on the CDU buttons in sim , inside the pit it then shows the change on my iPad CDU but when i click the CDU buttons on my Ipad nothing happens at all?

Can anyone help me out with this?

EDIT: I managed to get it working. I wasn't setting a rule for outbound for the DCS.exe just inbound. Works really well no lag issues at all.

Edited by Mule

First try with that app for me and no connection at all (last version DCS world).... Set the ipad IP in the export file, added inbound outbound DCS.exe rules... Disabled firewall... but while ingame nothing on the ipad :(

If you have any further idea would be nice :) Thanks!

First try with that app for me and no connection at all (last version DCS world).... Set the ipad IP in the export file, added inbound outbound DCS.exe rules... Disabled firewall... but while ingame nothing on the ipad :(

If you have any further idea would be nice :) Thanks!

I also did this in that file where you add the ip etc.

Change this line: os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")

to comment it out by putting two dashes in front like this: --os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")

Mine wouldn't work unless I made that change along with all the stuff you did.

Hope it helps.

Ok thanks for the tip will try that. How did you find that? You had some kind of loged error?

And by the way: I can simply add the line of script from Simple radio module at the end of that big script to get both module to work?

Thanks!

Ok thanks for the tip will try that. How did you find that? You had some kind of loged error?

And by the way: I can simply add the line of script from Simple radio module at the end of that big script to get both module to work?

Thanks!

The edit in that line came from a previous post on this thread. It has worked for others too.

I don't know anything about Simple radio module.

Am I stupid or what? I can access other buttons by swiping up/down in cdu screen (guess it's buttons input for cdu under HUD), but can't have any radio of some sort doing any different swipe on the ipad.... How are you accessing radio buttons actually?

• 5 months later...

Hmm... strange. Doesn't work for me at all. Allowed firewall of all DCS apps, even stopped my routers firewall. Added correct IP, changed the line os. to --os., downloaded the user-provided export.lua file and redid the IP. Then the --os. change. Still nothing in 2.1.1. Anyone have an idea why? BTW, added the Export.lua to Saved Games/DCS open alpha/scripts

• 4 months later...

Hi,

With the 2.2 version the app is very slow. That mean if I select some function on the ipad or iphone the action happens 15 sec later :-(. In the other way, I push button on the cockpit, the action is immediate and the ipad repeat immediately this action. With DCS 1.5.8 it works perfectly. Have you the same symptom ???

Thks

Hmm... strange. Doesn't work for me at all. Allowed firewall of all DCS apps, even stopped my routers firewall. Added correct IP, changed the line os. to --os., downloaded the user-provided export.lua file and redid the IP. Then the --os. change. Still nothing in 2.1.1. Anyone have an idea why? BTW, added the Export.lua to Saved Games/DCS open alpha/scripts

Now is workink by putting two dashes in front like this: --os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric"),etc as said before,

But the Auxiliary Avionics Panel (AAP) is still dead ... :(

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just discovered this and using it for the FA-18C.

This may help some multi monitor users: I have four monitors, 3 as a Surround screen with 3 Viewports over one for instruments (4 iewports). When I installed and set it up it gave me a Monitor Setup file with one widescreen. I had to copy and paste in my (4) Viewports data in from my old lua.

Problem: On my iPad I see the cockpit detail that is behind the virtual image both on the iPad and on the Monitor

Any news on the DDIs?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 1 month later...

I’m very interested in this app for the Hornet. Has there been any updates since July? Anyone else have it working?

Is this the same app in the AppStore called “DCS Virtual Cockpit”?

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I can't find the app in the App Store, where is it now??

Thanks

Me too... when I clicked on the link provided here. It said "Not available at your country" or something like that. Damn.

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

• 11 months later...