F-15E?

JazonXD

Ok, so front seat MFD and back seat mfd are coupled ?

At least the WSO as one more MFD for himself only...

No, they can both select the same screens or different. Difference being only one can "take control" of the display at any given time. By take control, I mean using the TGP, RDR, SIT display, moving map, etc. Both can view or not view, but only one can control. Front seat can take control of one display in the front, back seat can take control of two independent screens due to having two hand controllers.

For example, front can control RDR while backseat controls TGP and SIT display...all simultaneously. Each can view those displays at the same time.

Edited by Rainmaker

There is no "trump", only one crew member can take command of a screen at any given time.

I meant for the module in DCS not the actual aircraft. If the pilot tries to move the stick left and the WSO pushes theirs right what happens? Who's input will take priority. Obviously in the real fighter the stick would move. But in a sim our HOTAS sticks will not move when the other pilot moves their stick.

Front seat can take control of one display in the front, back seat can take control of two independent screens due to having two hand controllers.

For example, front can control RDR while backseat controls TGP and SIT display...all simultaneously. Each can view those displays at the same time.

So it sounds like the rear seat will be better suited with a different setup than just duplicating the Pilot controls as best as possible for the rear seat. It will be interesting seeing how we can map certain controls.

Edited by Dr.SquirrelBoy12

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

I meant for the module in DCS not the actual aircraft. If the pilot tries to move the stick left and the WSO pushes theirs right what happens? Who's input will take priority. Obviously in the real fighter the stick would move. But in a sim our HOTAS sticks will not move when the other pilot moves their stick.

Ah...gotcha. :thumbup:

Front seat should definitely have primary control unless it is within the deadzone of the stick, then rear seat. If rear seat inputs commands are way higher than front seat, it should be overridden. Would be cool to see that in game, where front seater is too focused looking back to see the ground, WSO sees the ground and recovers the jet. Pretty realistic that way too, since WSO doesn't touch the stick unless it is a safety of flight concern.

I have let my WSO fly portions of low levels though... and oh my god is it scary. I never realized how awkward it is to be in more than 90 degrees of bank so close to the ground. Mad respect to WSOs for not yelling at me in those situations.

No, they can both select the same screens or different. Difference being only one can "take control" of the display at any given time. By take control, I mean using the TGP, RDR, SIT display, moving map, etc. Both can view or not view, but only one can control. Front seat can take control of one display in the front, back seat can take control of two independent screens due to having two hand controllers.

Depending on the year modeled, there is a SITP and a SITW, so both can be in command of the SIT but on a different "display." I've heard there used to be fights over who controlled the SIT back in the day before there were two lol.

Depending on the year modeled, there is a SITP and a SITW, so both can be in command of the SIT but on a different "display." I've heard there used to be fights over who controlled the SIT back in the day before there were two lol.

Haha! That’s funny, and completely believable.

Edited by Rainmaker

Ditto. I wonder what a E vs. C model community poll would yield. I'd take an F-15C over the mud hen any day!

I'd take the Mudhen for the added versatility while still being a capable fighter. Being able to do Air to Ground adds a lot of value to the module. That said I'd still love to see our F-15C become full fidelity or perhaps a more modern F-15C added.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

I'd take the Mudhen for the added versatility while still being a capable fighter. Being able to do Air to Ground adds a lot of value to the module. That said I'd still love to see our F-15C become full fidelity or perhaps a more modern F-15C added.

I would agree, but I am glad we are getting the multi-role F-15E first, I like dropping bombs in DCS just as much as I like mixing it up in a dogfight, its even better when you get to do both in one mission!

You could throw an Israeli Albino skin on the jet and pretend its an F-15B/D Baz/Akef since the Israelis love putting CFT's on their Albino Eagles. You'd just have the wrong cockpit haha!

I am just pumped for this jet especially with the F-15's newfound importance in the Gulf region with the Saudi, Israeli and now Qatari Air Forces having Strike Eagles. Yes Yes I know its an E model coming from Razbam but that sure won't stop me from dressing her up as an F-15S, I, K, SG, SA or QA!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

I would agree, but I am glad we are getting the multi-role F-15E first, I like dropping bombs in DCS just as much as I like mixing it up in a dogfight, its even better when you get to do both in one mission!

You could throw an Israeli Albino skin on the jet and pretend its an F-15B/D Baz/Akef since the Israelis love putting CFT's on their Albino Eagles. You'd just have the wrong cockpit haha!

I am just pumped for this jet especially with the F-15's newfound importance in the Gulf region with the Saudi, Israeli and now Qatari Air Forces having Strike Eagles. Yes Yes I know its an E model coming from Razbam but that sure won't stop me from dressing her up as an F-15S, I, K, SG, SA or QA!

The latest F-15 (examples offered to Saudi's and Qatar) which is actually a trial run for the proposed F-15X has Fly-by-wire for USAF. They've got the extra 2 more hardpoints on the wings. Then more powerful engines.

Ditto. I wonder what a E vs. C model community poll would yield. I'd take an F-15C over the mud hen any day!

both ----- i "know" we're getting a full-up E

i'm advocating for a full-up C

A-G is easier so more ppl are going to want it (ground targets don't move) - to be effective, to gain mastery, in air-to-air... takes dedication, cultivation of technique, etc - its a hard-earned skill

i would expect fewer ppl would favor or prefer the C-model

since it has a PFM, its already "got some love" so the c-model goes to the end of the line (unfortunately)

i retain hope and optimism that it is ED's vision to have wall-to-wall end-to-end DCS level aircraft

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oh absolutely - going all the way back to the first models...

but you just have to manage it like any other module - you think the A-10 is *fully* represented in the sim? you think the A-10 in DCS is a 1:1 replication of the real-world??

it is not

every module is going to be that way - just do the same for the C-model

that's all i'm saying

ED has all the source material they need - they've had it for a long time

Edited by SDsc0rch

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The latest F-15 (examples offered to Saudi's and Qatar) which is actually a trial run for the proposed F-15X has Fly-by-wire for USAF. They've got the extra 2 more hardpoints on the wings. Then more powerful engines.

Oh I know man, I just was talking about the cool skins you could put on it, I know we are getting an E model. Just excited about the possibilities, the Strike Eagle is my favorite aircraft haha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

both ----- i "know" we're getting a full-up E

i'm advocating for a full-up C

A-G is easier so more ppl are going to want it (ground targets don't move) - to be effective, to gain mastery, in air-to-air... takes dedication, cultivation of technique, etc - its a hard-earned skill

i would expect fewer ppl would favor or prefer the C-model

since it has a PFM, its already "got some love" so the c-model goes to the end of the line (unfortunately)

i retain hope and optimism that it is ED's vision to have wall-to-wall end-to-end DCS level aircraft

I’d prefer the C model though I agree. I think most are more interested in the multi role capability.

For S’s&G’s :smilewink: :

i2Qe8dK.jpg

Oh I know man, I just was talking about the cool skins you could put on it, I know we are getting an E model. Just excited about the possibilities, the Strike Eagle is my favorite aircraft haha

Will we be able to remove the conformal tanks with the Razbam 15E? And are the 9x and JHMCS confirmed or planned for it? (i realize Razbam might not be able to officially confirm anything at the moment).

Will we be able to remove the conformal tanks with the Razbam 15E? And are the 9x and JHMCS confirmed or planned for it? (i realize Razbam might not be able to officially confirm anything at the moment).

So far only the SNIPER TGP is confirmed (~2005). JHMCS was not added to the Mudhen till 2017 at the earliest from what I can tell. So I doubt we will get JHMCS. Read a few pages back in this thread.

i keep seeing ppl requesting to be able to remove the CFTs

i get it - the strike eagle has bigger engines - so you want a bigger better eagle - there might be one or two pictures floating on the internet

pipe dream - never gonna happen....

(what's that meme? mean girls? "quit trying to make it happen - its never gonna happen?")

((pps.. you might be surprised how few strike eagles actually have the bigger engines))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i keep seeing ppl requesting to be able to remove the CFTs

i get it - the strike eagle has bigger engines - so you want a bigger better eagle - there might be one or two pictures floating on the internet

pipe dream - never gonna happen....

(what's that meme? mean girls? "quit trying to make it happen - its never gonna happen?")

((pps.. you might be surprised how few strike eagles actually have the bigger engines))

There are a ton of photos on the internet of Israeli F-15I's flying without their CFT's but the captions of the photos say they are post depot level maintenance test flights

There are quite a few photos and videos of Singaporean F-15SG's flying in airshows without their CFT's prob for the extra wow factor for the performance.

I believe that the F-15E and its variants are able to use the cheek sparrow stations without their CFT's attached, however you cannot attach A2G ordinance on them obviously.

We will have to see what RAZBAM does with this, being able to Remove them might mean they have to do a lot of extra external modeling work for the jet which they may not appreciate, also a lot of extra flight modeling work, that may be hard to come by seeing as most Mudhens only fly with their CFT's on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So far only the SNIPER TGP is confirmed (~2005). JHMCS was not added to the Mudhen till 2017 at the earliest from what I can tell. So I doubt we will get JHMCS. Read a few pages back in this thread.

It seems they started to deploy it from 2010

https://www.af.mil/News/Features/Display/Article/142892/airmen-enhance-f-15e-capabilities-with-helmet-mounted-cueing-system/

Published August 23, 2010

The colonel said there is a huge sense of pride in the opportunity for the Rockets to be the first JHMCS operational F-15E squadron, and he is confident they will prove the JHMCS combat value immediately.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

are you also asking ED to replicate the avionics suites of isreali and singaporean (sp?) aircraft??

or do you just want their exteriors??

#Realism

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe that the F-15E and its variants are able to use the cheek sparrow stations without their CFT's attached, however you cannot attach A2G ordinance on them obviously.

I used to think that too, but apparently it isn't true.

Without CFT no cheek stations. And indeed, the AA load out in the manual is with CFT.

I don't know why they they didn't keep the option like the F-15C can use CFT too.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Seems like you are correct, I was thinking of a different post.

If we got a 2010 Mudhen would that be the most up to date module we have in DCS?

I thought the UFC was different on the newer Mudhens than what RAZBAM had modeled though.

38662876_1815191191900844_7326576189584179200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&oh=ef576f76e6aa6394235adb38c5bc868c&oe=5C183308

Maybe some of the real pilots in this thread can explain?

But anyway there is no confirmation that we will be getting anything newer than 2005 when the SNIPER TGP was put in to service iirc.