F-15E?

JazonXD

Seems like you are correct, I was thinking of a different post.

If we got a 2010 Mudhen would that be the most up to date module we have in DCS?

I thought the UFC was different on the newer Mudhens than what RAZBAM had modeled though.

38662876_1815191191900844_7326576189584179200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&oh=ef576f76e6aa6394235adb38c5bc868c&oe=5C183308

Maybe some of the real pilots in this thread can explain?

But anyway there is no confirmation that we will be getting anything newer than 2005 when the SNIPER TGP was put in to service iirc.

Yes, US E models have an updated UFC. Don’t have the delam problems the old ones did and are NVIS friendly out of the box as opposed to having to use filter kits.

Yes, US E models have an updated UFC. Don’t have the delam problems the old ones did and are NVIS friendly out of the box as opposed to having to use filter kits.

Do you recall or know what year or Block (do they use Block #s for F-15s?) they started switching to the newer UFC?

I found this image from 2011 with what I assume is the new UFC:

649717.jpg

Also no more ugly velcro you mentioned in earlier posts necessary for the newer jets I suppose :megalol:

Edited by Dr.SquirrelBoy12

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

7155891875_b54e08ddd7_b.jpg7155898699_7f3dffa4bc_b.jpg

Spudknocker. Here two photos of F-15E 01-2004 with LAU-106 launcher installed on the cheek stations.

10117163244_57a1c8e3bc_b.jpgf15ccft.jpg

If CFT are to be installed on F-15C/E the launchers on the cheek station are removed prior to installation. The CFT come with LAU-106 launcher installed

on then. On the f-15E CFT the LAU-106 launchers are stowed when not in use. When in use Bombs cannot be loaded on the long pylons and the bomb launchers on the long pylons are stowed (Stikeeagle801, jake melampy). http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=905&styleid=7

USAF F-15E's are exclusively used for A2G so you will rarely see LAU-106 launchers installed on the cheeks station. The photos of F-15E 01-2004 were probably taken at an air show to demonstrate to a potential foreign military sales costumer that the F-15E is not totally useless without CFT installed.4720880524_553cd11cd8_o.jpg

Edited by DeathRaptor5

It looks like we have a “combat coded” USAF F-15E with LAU-106 fitted without CFT.

I know the doctrine isn’t to use F-15E in AA and it’s a pain in the a... to fit/ remove CFT, so they don’t do it on a daily basis.

The hot topic is: are those cheek stations wired, can the F-15E actually use those stations for live missiles ???

I was told no on this topic. But this very surprising that there is space to fit the launchers but not wire it.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Do you recall or know what year or Block (do they use Block #s for F-15s?) they started switching to the newer UFC?

I found this image from 2011 with what I assume is the new UFC:

Also no more ugly velcro you mentioned in earlier posts necessary for the newer jets I suppose :megalol:

Correct, that is the newer UFC.

Spudknocker. Here two photos of F-15E 01-2004 with LAU-106 launcher installed on the cheek stations.

If CFT are to be installed on F-15C/E the launchers on the cheek station are removed prior to installation. The CFT come with LAU-106 launcher installed

on then. On the f-15E CFT the LAU-106 launchers are stowed when not in use. When in use Bombs cannot be loaded on the long pylons and the bomb launchers on the long pylons are stowed (Stikeeagle801, jake melampy).

USAF F-15E's are exclusively used for A2G so you will rarely see LAU-106 launchers installed on the cheeks station. The photos of F-15E 01-2004 were probably taken at an air show to demonstrate to a potential foreign military sales costumer that the F-15E is not totally useless without CFT installed.]

Quite common for PDM jets to not carry CFTs depending on maintenance schedule and CFT availability. It goes back and forth.

The jet you posted with AA on cheek station without CFT is an export varient, it’s not an E model.

I have plenty of pictures of E’s with combat A-A loads on LC and RC stations from combat missions. Time and a place and not rare depending on the mission. They are perfectly capable of both.

Quite common for PDM jets to not carry CFTs depending on maintenance schedule and CFT availability. It goes back and forth.

The jet you posted with AA on cheek station without CFT is an export varient, it’s not an E model.

How does the tail number work ?

Isn’t 01-2004 specific to the airframe ?

Because there is a 01-2004 F-15E based in RAF Lakenheath, UK.

F-15E%2001-2004.jpg

And what do you mean with that

I have plenty of pictures of E’s with combat A-A loads on LC and RC stations from combat missions. Time and a place and not rare depending on the mission. They are perfectly capable of both.

AA missiles on fuselage with or without CFT ?

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

How does the tail number work ?

Isn’t 01-2004 specific to the airframe ?

Because there is a 01-2004 F-15E based in RAF Lakenheath, UK.

F-15E%2001-2004.jpg

And what do you mean with that

AA missiles on fuselage with or without CFT ?

They are specific. Pic 3 (up close) is not that tail number. Foreign writing on fuselage,panel designations are wrong, ram air scoops wrong type, wrong paint, etc. easy to spot when you know what you are looking at.

And no, I’m soeaking of AA loads on CFT stations (RC/LC)

Edited by Rainmaker

Yeah, I figured it for pic 3, probably F-15J, but what about pic 1 & 2 ???

It looks there are LAU-106 on cheek stations.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

They are specific. Pic 3 (up close) is not that tail number. Foreign writing on fuselage,panel designations are wrong, ram air scoops above vortex generator wrong type, etc. easy to spot when you know what you are looking at.

And no, I’m speaking of AA loads on CFT stations (RC/LC)

Picture 3 was the up close photo of LAU-106 on the cheek station. I only found two up close photos of the LAU-106 that were of good quality on google images.10117163244_57a1c8e3bc_b.jpg10117443653_88cf7e0169_k.jpg

Another photo of 01-2004(bottom photo) with LAU-106 installed on the cheek station. not the first time the AF has install stores and load-outs on F-15's they cant fire or are cleared to carry for the purpose of aircraft sales marketing or to lobby congress to fund more upgrades. There is a old late 70's or early 80's MD marketing photo somewhere on the internet of an f-15C flying with F-15E CFT carrying a full bomb load on all the CFT stores. (top photo F-15C with 2040c concept load-out)6z1si8.jpg37657927491_6306ab1e67_k.jpg

Edited by DeathRaptor5

I really do not understand why people are getting hung up on whether we will be able to take CFTs off. I would be just fine if we couldn't. What is more interesting to me is knowing what capabilities our DCS F-15E will have instead of what the latest F-15E can do.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

If they are not covered, there’s 4 big holes in the side of the airframe where the cft mounts and umbilicals are.

So when the CFT are fitted, the wiring between the aircraft and the CFT is going through the cheek stations ?

When the CFT is removed, the holes are sealed with LAU-106 (instead of simple metallic plates), but the missile launchers aren’t connected and aren’t usable.

Mirage fanatic !

I really do not understand why people are getting hung up on whether we will be able to take CFTs off. I would be just fine if we couldn't. What is more interesting to me is knowing what capabilities our DCS F-15E will have instead of what the latest F-15E can do.

Because we are not getting a full F-15C in DCS anytime soon.

CFT brings fuel and flight performance penalty. So it would have been cool to be able to use a full AA load without the CFT.

The missile launchers used to fill the holes when CFT are removed are confusing.

And excuse me Rainmaker, but your single lines answers didn’t help to shorten the discussion.

What is obvious for you if you worked on the jet may not be for others and we had to ask repeatedly why the LAU-106 where fitted when no CFT.

It is fair assumption to think the missile launchers are usable without CFT (like F-15C), but from what you said and the fact I can’t find a picture of AA missiles fitted on fuselage without CFT it’s wrong for USAF F-15E.

USAF has no interest in making the F-15E an AA fighter because there are others dedicated squadrons and fighters.

But in DCS World the FC3 F-15C with simplified weapon system is frustrating.

Finally, if full AA load isn’t possible without CFT, so be it.

Mirage fanatic !

It’s just repeating the same things I have already said over, and over, and over again. You know what I’ve stated here already, you can see what the -1 flight manual has for authorized configs, you can choose to believe it or not believe it. Constantly repeating it over and over again is not going to change anyone’s opinion if they choose to continue to believe whatever it is they want to believe. My answers aren’t going to change.

Because we are not getting a full F-15C in DCS anytime soon.

CFT brings fuel and flight performance penalty. So it would have been cool to be able to use a full AA load without the CFT.

Thing is, if they allow non-CFT AA configs, it will make the F-15C in game useless if going with PW 229 engine F-15Es. 229 F-15Es without CFTs are beasts. I imagine RAZBAM is going to go with that model since it will be more fun for the players, giving you a kind of fighting chance in BFM and also give some performance when fully loaded out with bombs above 20k ft. It won't be fun for 220 engine F-15Es in game, having to use afterburner just to midair refuel with a full bomb load.

Another photo of 01-2004(bottom photo) with LAU-106 installed on the cheek station. not the first time the AF has install stores and load-outs on F-15's they cant fire or are cleared to carry for the purpose of aircraft sales marketing or to lobby congress to fund more upgrades. There is a old late 70's or early 80's MD marketing photo somewhere on the internet of an f-15C flying with F-15E CFT carrying a full bomb load on all the CFT stores.

EckkQTi.png

Thinking of this one?