F-15E?

JazonXD

Is the plan still to complete Harrier and Mirage before this project gets going again? Wondering because the news updates have changed like the seasons. All the news I get is the change logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 2 weeks later...
Please give us a single seat version which doesn't force you into multicrew...

It won't force you into multicrew, for what they've said it will have multicrewbut unlike the F14 in the F15-E the pilot can do everything its a matter of sharing the workload.

It won't force you into multicrew, for what they've said it will have multicrewbut unlike the F14 in the F15-E the pilot can do everything its a matter of sharing the workload.

Yeah but the real plane has 2 guys for very good reasons.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I really hope. Let's see if this is the truth. If multicrew in mandatory then goodbye F15 sales.

So why they don't model full fidelity C or A one seater instead?

Personally thats what id like to see and it plays to their strengths.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

+++

please ED

some day??

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because they want the E model, that simple. The E model has more export success, and therefore most likely to have more sales there.

What has the A & C done since 1999....??? Certainly nothing involved in combat! Which is the total opposite of the E model!

Because they want the E model, that simple. The E model has more export success, and therefore most likely to have more sales there.

Wrong. The opposite is way more likely, especially due to the nature of the Strike Eagle being a two seater. We are not in real life here. If you have to or should be a two pilot flight first because of the workload this would be a major obstacle for a lot of people when it comes to just flying some hours spontaneously on the weekend or whatever.

What has the A & C done since 1999....??? Certainly nothing involved in combat! Which is the total opposite of the E model!

Who on these forums would really care what has it done in "real life" combat or not since 1999? It's about selling the module to customers (us) to atleast break-even financially. If you ever programmed something you maybe have a glimpse on what amount of work it is to program not just a game with beautiful graphics here and there - but a realistic combat flight sim. There is not a thing which is more demanding on developing in entertainment industry. It's an F-15 Eagle, legend for a good reason. The Strike Eagle just has the additional options for A2G and doesn't even excel there in comparison to planes which were specifically designed for A2G and some air to air combat. The F15 is for the latter.

Edited by Der Hirte

Personally thats what id like to see and it plays to their strengths.

Ditto. I'd much rather see ED develop the F-15C. I'm perfectly content ground-pounding in the Viper, Hornet, and Warthog. The F-15 was THE "not a pound for air to ground" air superiority fighter that many fell in love with. I'd love to have an all-in air superiority fighter modeled at full-fidelity. The Mud Hen is an AWESOME machine... but likely a non-purchase for me. F-15C? Instant buy.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Ditto. I'd much rather see ED develop the F-15C. I'm perfectly content ground-pounding in the Viper, Hornet, and Warthog. The F-15 was THE "not a pound for air to ground" air superiority fighter that many fell in love with. I'd love to have an all-in air superiority fighter modeled at full-fidelity. The Mud Hen is an AWESOME machine... but likely a non-purchase for me. F-15C? Instant buy.

100%

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I want them all.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The 15E is still a crazy dog fighter... it's still an F-15. It may be a little heavier, but it's engines are WAY more powerful than the original 15C. The thrust:weight ratio is better in a 15E than in a 15C with equivalent fuel and armaments...

its a monster...

Edited by Banzaiib

Wrong. The opposite is way more likely, especially due to the nature of the Strike Eagle being a two seater. We are not in real life here. If you have to or should be a two pilot flight first because of the workload this would be a major obstacle for a lot of people when it comes to just flying some hours spontaneously on the weekend or whatever.

Who on these forums would really care what has it done in "real life" combat or not since 1999? It's about selling the module to customers (us) to atleast break-even financially. If you ever programmed something you maybe have a glimpse on what amount of work it is to program not just a game with beautiful graphics here and there - but a realistic combat flight sim. There is not a thing which is more demanding on developing in entertainment industry. It's an F-15 Eagle, legend for a good reason. The Strike Eagle just has the additional options for A2G and doesn't even excel there in comparison to planes which were specifically designed for A2G and some air to air combat. The F15 is for the latter.

I don't want to be negative here but thus far Razbam has not delivered a single plane with a high fidelity bombing module, yes I am talking about all the issues that still plague the harrier, and may or may not be fixed (and I would LOVE for them to be fixed and the bombing system to be modeled in high fidelity with the various sensor errors and all). They have delivered an A/A fighter with reasonable A/A fidelity in the M2k (yes I know its bugged but it worked at some point). So in that sense it plays to their strengths as well to do an F15A/C, plus its a shitload less avionics for them to model.

I think that's the sound of the hype train leaving the station....

attachment.php?attachmentid=190800&stc=1&d=1532667790

a little flashback from one year ago

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

a little flashback from one year ago

To be fair it's only been 10 months ago not a whole year, so they have a few months left to stay inside their "...just a few months..." statement. :lol: ;) :music_whistling:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

"just a few months" is still less than "just a few years", even if its like 14 months, but we´ll see.

Let me fix it for you: We will not see anything.

At least not a released module till summer of 2020.

You guys should already know: Soon means weeks, Weeks means months, Months means years in dictionary of DCS.

May the THRUST be with you

I don't want to be negative here but thus far Razbam has not delivered a single plane with a high fidelity bombing module......

100% agree. I'd love to see an F-15E in DCS but i've been around the traps and honestly expect a shit storm if Razbam attempt to release this in the next 12 months. No offense to Razbam at all but it's just my thoughts that they are biting off way more than they can chew and process.

"just a few months" is still less than "just a few years", even if its like 14 months, but we´ll see.

And to be even more fair, zeus stated "...months, not years." So technically everything within 24 months between that statement and the release would be true, only months and not years, clever statement. :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Couple of infos you guys seem to have missed:

- The weapon système officer is not required at all, you can do it all from the front seat, kinda like if you were in a single seater.

(the complexity of DCS missions being so so far from real life missions, not having a WSO won't have any impact IMHO)

- Razbam edited their plans since the "months, not years" announcement by stating that they won't release any new module until their 3 current aircraft are finished, so that will probably delay the F-15 quite a lot.

Edited by cypc
Typo

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Too bad a joint effort between Razbam and Heatblur (or another dev) likely wouldn’t happen...in the long run, such a joint effort with a strong F-15E release/follow through would only help them both.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino