F-15E?

JazonXD

Couple of infos you guys seem to have missed:

- The weapon système officer is not required at all, you can do it all from the front seat, kinda like if you were in a single seater.

(the complexity of DCS missions being so so far from real life missions, not having a WSO won't have any impact IMHO)

- Razbam edited their plans since the "months, not years" announcement by stating that they won't release any new module until their 3 current aircraft are finished, so that will probably delay the F-15 quite a lot.

The front/back seat aren’t limited in the same way the F-14 is for example, but there are some back seat switches that can only be operated from the back seat. Not to say that you can’t cycle to the back seat during startup for example to operate, but not everything is operable from the front.

The front/back seat aren’t limited in the same way the F-14 is for example, but there are some back seat switches that can only be operated from the back seat. Not to say that you can’t cycle to the back seat during startup for example to operate, but not everything is operable from the front.

Apart from start up, do you think that once in flight we could perform the full mission from the front seat like we would in a Hornet for instance ?

Thanks.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Apart from start up, do you think that once in flight we could perform the full mission from the front seat like we would in a Hornet for instance ?

Thanks.

That would all depend on how they coded the sim. We of course usually have keyboard keybonds for everything so, if you didn’t have to be in the back seat to use them, then sure.

(the complexity of DCS missions being so so far from real life missions, not having a WSO won't have any impact IMHO)

If you fly missions on public servers sure, the mission complexity and its environment won't be very high. But if you fly your own missions or MP missions with several dozens players dedicated to simulate intricate situations then the lack of a WSO could be detrimental.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

I wil not buy nothing unless they finish a module with QUALITY.

An unfinished F-15E would be more depressing than no F-15E. Based on what folks are saying, I’m really starting to lose faith in this project, unless there is a joint effort between RAZBAM and one of the other DCS devs.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

That would all depend on how they coded the sim. We of course usually have keyboard keybonds for everything so, if you didn’t have to be in the back seat to use them, then sure.

But then it wouldn't be high fidelity would it? I mean if you can do things in the front seat that you are not supposed to have access to unless you are in the back seat in real life.

I'd rather have some kind of "Jester" AI to be honest if it is the case.

Or are most functions in the back seat available to the front seat pilot in real life?

An unfinished F-15E would be more depressing than no F-15E. Based on what folks are saying, I’m really starting to lose faith in this project, unless there is a joint effort between RAZBAM and one of the other DCS devs.

Yup. Totally agree. A jester f15e would be great. Or a single crew f15c

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

But then it wouldn't be high fidelity would it? I mean if you can do things in the front seat that you are not supposed to have access to unless you are in the back seat in real life.

I'd rather have some kind of "Jester" AI to be honest if it is the case.

Or are most functions in the back seat available to the front seat pilot in real life?

Mich is done through the display interface, but there are come sensor, CMD, and ICMS switches that are on the rear seat’s console.

It is better to spend the money in another module, have 3 unfinished, go for the 4 and ED allows it.

They already said they were dedicated to finish the released modules. No need to beat a dead horse.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

RAZBAM said very clearly they have no intention of creating an AI weapons officer for the 15E, and given how poorly jester functions, i have no desire for it. The 15E can be piloted and operated solo, unlike the F-14.

RAZBAM said very clearly they have no intention of creating an AI weapons officer for the 15E, and given how poorly jester functions, i have no desire for it. The 15E can be piloted and operated solo, unlike the F-14.

I'm just gonna fly with a real person like I do whenever I RIO for my friend in the F-14.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Have we heard anything directly about the Mudhen this year?

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

All new modules on hold until the current ones are finished was the last offical word. I also think the mig23 was slated to be next.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Right, but that’s indirect. I guess I should clarify: I don’t remember the last time there was an update showing progress on the F-15E specifically, even prior to that announcement.

All new modules on hold until the current ones are finished was the last offical word. I also think the mig23 was slated to be next.

Right, but that’s indirect. I guess I should clarify: I don’t remember the last time there was an update showing progress on the F-15E specifically, even prior to that announcement.
The F-15E is still coming.

The coders are finishing the current modules before moving onto the eagle as promised.

The Eagle is currently undergoing modelling and texture work

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Thanks for the update, Decoy!

The F-15E is still coming.

The coders are finishing the current modules before moving onto the eagle as promised.

The Eagle is currently undergoing modelling and texture work

This has probably been asked a million times already. Any idea if the actuator sound from the engines will be included? Just curious..

i7 4770k OC 4.6Ghz // 24GB RAM // GTX 980ti // Asus Hero VI MB // 500GB SSD

This has probably been asked a million times already. Any idea if the actuator sound from the engines will be included? Just curious..
I do have a recording of this, I for one want to add it :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I do have a recording of this, I for one want to add it :)

Good to hear! Its not one of those I would say a priority type sound, but it would add to the cool factor a hell of a lot more!

i7 4770k OC 4.6Ghz // 24GB RAM // GTX 980ti // Asus Hero VI MB // 500GB SSD

Lots of mentions of the F-15E in the press releases related to the Thrustmaster F/A-18C grip...would love to see the other RAZBAM modules finished so we can get some more news on the Mudhen :P