F-15E?

JazonXD

Didnt knew that there was a such technical book available, :thumbup:

DdkHMBb.jpg

May i ask where you got it from?

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

I'd be more impressed if they had screenshots of code to be honest alongside this. A 3D texture can do little without the code behind it, and there specifically is the problem. Whilst its a lovely wallpaper, it is just that, a wallpaper without the coding resource behind it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Given that it will not have any kind of AI WSO and that you can't fly combat without a WSO, I don't plan on buying it. I would be okay with no AI if there are shortcuts that I can trigger from the front seat to perform critical WSO tasks. But if I have to put the aircraft on autopilot and switch to the backseat or have to play in multiplayer and find a WSO, then there is no way I will fly this aircraft very often and therefore can't justify buying it.

The Jester AI in the F-14B may not be perfect, but I have been able to operate the aircraft successfully in combat with the AI responding to my voice commands using VAICOM Pro. It is immersive until VAICOM fails to recognize a command or the AI proves to be an incompetent radar operator. But overall, I enjoy flying the F-14B from the front seat despite having to rely on AI and voice recognition. If the F-14B didn't have Jester, it would be very difficult to use it effectively in single player. I flew the F-14B in multiplayer for weeks. Never once had a RIO or anyone ask to be my RIO. So, it would have been equally useless there without Jester.

If you want my money and you choose to produce a 2-seat aircraft, there better be an effective way to employ the aircraft without another person being in the 2nd seat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Given that it will not have any kind of AI WSO and that you can't fly combat without a WSO, I don't plan on buying it. I would be okay with no AI if there are shortcuts that I can trigger from the front seat to perform critical WSO tasks. But if I have to put the aircraft on autopilot and switch to the backseat or have to play in multiplayer and find a WSO, then there is no way I will fly this aircraft very often and therefore can't justify buying it.

The Jester AI in the F-14B may not be perfect, but I have been able to operate the aircraft successfully in combat with the AI responding to my voice commands using VAICOM Pro. It is immersive until VAICOM fails to recognize a command or the AI proves to be an incompetent radar operator. But overall, I enjoy flying the F-14B from the front seat despite having to rely on AI and voice recognition. If the F-14B didn't have Jester, it would be very difficult to use it effectively in single player. I flew the F-14B in multiplayer for weeks. Never once had a RIO or anyone ask to be my RIO. So, it would have been equally useless there without Jester.

If you want my money and you choose to produce a 2-seat aircraft, there better be an effective way to employ the aircraft without another person being in the 2nd seat.

You can fly combat perfectly fine without a WSO, I'm sure they'll implement a way around the 3 switches that the WSO exclusively has. The F-15E is not the F-14 both crewmembers can operate all the systems and the WSO has flight controls even, so I don't quite get what the problem would be to fly solo from the front cockpit.

Edited by alvarolage

You can fly combat perfectly fine without a WSO, I'm sure they'll implement a way around the 3 switches that the WSO exclusively has. The F-15E is not the F-14 both crewmembers can operate all the systems and the WSO has flight controls even, so I don't quite get what the problem would be to fly solo from the front cockpit.

100% and with how well (or not well) Jester works, I'd rather not have their dev efforts put into an AI. I'd rather they fully focus on the module itself.

I honestly can't understand all the hype given the near-VEAO state of their Harrier...

If anything this will be yet another forum section filled with bug reports falling on deaf ears :(

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I honestly can't understand all the hype given the near-VEAO state of their Harrier...

If anything this will be yet another forum section filled with bug reports falling on deaf ears :(

Strange...their Harrier seems in pretty good state right now..

Yes it still has some issues, but comparing it to VEAO modules seems pretty unfair to me.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

You still playing the 2018 version of DCS? My Harrier is in a way more complete state than what you are describing, it is closer to the Hornet in level of functionality

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Front seat of Mudhen can do 98% of the work. all critical task can be complete by you. remember, This is not tomcat after all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

I would still love to have a rudimentary Backseat AI even if everything can be done from the front seat. For example to call out missile launches and position of bogey in a dogfight. Will make it feel like it’s a two person plane even if there is no one there.

F-14B - F-18C - F-16C - Mirage 2000

i7-6700k 4Ghz; EVGA 2080ti; 32GB DDR4; warthog HOTAS; Logitech pro flight pedals; oculus Rift S

Well I hope it's the F-15E right after the Mirage :)

It's a lot more versatile that a tadpole looking A-6 haha

Heresy!

The a6 was an INCREDIBLE strike platform and one the navy has largely not replaced. The conflicts we have been in have been very soft on anti air issues since GW1

A6s in Nam did EXCELLENT. In every other conflict same.

I think theyre gorgeous, and I love the side by side seating

Id give a testicle for an A6.

Im still PO'd the F4 is 'permanently on hold' ( corporate wuss speak for cancelled )

I would still love to have a rudimentary Backseat AI even if everything can be done from the front seat. For example to call out missile launches and position of bogey in a dogfight. Will make it feel like it’s a two person plane even if there is no one there.

I dont want to sound harsh to devs. but after the F14 and jester, any AI plane with 2 seats, whether hind or F15E... If theres no AI its a no go for me and I suspect A LOT of ppl now. theres no going back

in hindsight it was insane to expect players to jump between seats *IN COMBAT* to begin with

an F15E without a WSO is almost insane and Id expect a jester level AI *AT LEAST* same with the hind.

Yes its fun to shoot, not so much when youre being shot at and need to hop seats etc.

nothings stopping you from doing it, but a lot of us would like an AI that can do basic sh*T while we fly or handle whatever.

after launch, 5 years to complete.

This team is not comparable in size and budget to what a company like Microsoft can allocate to a similar task.

So, in view of the amount of work needed to get where they are, 5 years doesn't look too bad...

I dont want to sound harsh to devs. but after the F14 and jester, any AI plane with 2 seats, whether hind or F15E... If theres no AI its a no go for me and I suspect A LOT of ppl now. theres no going back

in hindsight it was insane to expect players to jump between seats *IN COMBAT* to begin with

an F15E without a WSO is almost insane and Id expect a jester level AI *AT LEAST* same with the hind.

Yes its fun to shoot, not so much when youre being shot at and need to hop seats etc.

nothings stopping you from doing it, but a lot of us would like an AI that can do basic sh*T while we fly or handle whatever.

People should consider getting Voice Attack to simplify task, even more so in the case of a two seater...

https://voiceattack.com/

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Why? Because the F-16 and every other single seat fighter is impossible to fly without a second guy in it? You need to jump seats because you are being shot at? Why? Your thoughts seem completely unfounded from a reality standpoint.