Key Binding Request: Bring back the Discrete States

Home Fries

First of all, I completely understand the rationale for adding toggle/cycle commands in DCS 1.5 for people who aren't cockpit builders or can't program arrays into their HOTAS controllers. I applaud the move to toggle/cycle commands, and I have no problem with these commands being bound by default.

That said, was there any reason to remove the discrete commands that were already in place? The way I had my Warthog before, I could assign (for example) the landing lights to the 3 position autopilot switch on the throttle base, and each switch position would discretely match a switch position in-game. Going strictly to a one-way cycle command and mapping a 3 position switch makes things less efficient and more likely for the profile to become out of sync with the game. Same thing with the nav lights, as well as many of the 2 position switches (master arm, pitot heat, nosewheel brake, etc.); having discrete states means that each switch position will call a specific position in-game, and getting out of sync is not an issue.

While leaving the new toggle/cycle commands bound by default, could you please return the plethora of discrete commands to your controller lua files for those of us who liked it the way it was?

Thank you for your consideration.