UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

Best response ever! :D

Right.. but also fc3 mirage and other modules...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UltraMFCD 2.0.0.6 for DCS 1.5 is available for beta testing

Following the development of a completely new rendering engine, I'm pleased to announce that UltraMFCD 2.0 is ready for a public beta. Previous users of UltraMFCD will be familiar with its functionality and what to expect. If you're a new user, please consult the documentation for UltraMFCD 1.0 at https://ultramfcd.com.

The purpose of this test is to verify that the new rendering engine is stable and works as expected. Please post any bugs you may encounter either here or in an email to ultramfcd@ultramfcd.com.

Download link: https://ultramfcd.com/

** UltraMFCD requires .NET 4.6.1. If you have trouble starting the program, please download and install .NET 4.6.1 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49981

Please bear in mind that this is a super-early beta test, so the stability we enjoyed with UltraMFCD 1.0 is a thing of the past. Expect problems. Expect the moon to fall from the sky. Expect uMFCD to make you tea when you expected coffee (it is British code, after all).

2.0.0.5 Caveats/things we already know:

1) Only DCS 1.5 is currently supported.

2) Only A-10C is supported at present. We will reintroduce the KA-50 once we know everything is working correctly, and then follow up with the long-awaited exports for other aircraft.

3) Only the MFCDs and CDU are exported at present. Same applies as per point 2 regarding RWR, CMSC, Clock etc.

4) Sometimes, for reasons presently unknown, UltraMFCD wigs out completely and renders totally black displays. Restarting uMFCD/DCS solves the problem, but this is clearly not ideal. If you experience this problem, please let us know whether there's any observable pattern or reliable method of reproducing the error.

5) Upon ejecting from the aircraft the "Quit" menu will no longer display. We're obviously aware of this and will fix the problem in due course. Until that time, you can exit a mission cleanly by first accessing the F10 map screen, where the "Quit" menu will display as normal.

Change log:

2.0.0.6 -- 2016-01-06 -- Urgent bugfix to prevent uMFCD causing havoc in the case of it being launched when DCS is already running. Now prevents a slew of crashing and weird behaviour and instead prints an informative message asking you to close and relaunch DCS.

Happy flying!

--Baker

--------------

Edited by Sgt_Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

I have such error at startup app:

---------------------------

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type '_G23u50oRns0cgMPklePfjRz1I1e_' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'.

at _G23u50oRns0cgMPklePfjRz1I1e_..ctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)

at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)

at _keeKUSFYs1GQ0lpUwd5aqr33f2E_._ulS6rtMa7Hmq4WBtgT7BQk5aSnZ_()
OK   

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hi

I am getting this error on launch

Thanks

**FIXED in 2.0.0.6

Thanks for the report. Having three different versions of DCS on the go is causing some headaches, I tell ya!

I'm about to patch this error internally. Until the next version is released, you can make this one go away by manually creating the missing folders (in bold) C:\Users\<your username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\

Thanks,

Baker

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Thx it helped but then is error with DCS itself.

App detects DCS.... DCS runs but after few seconds there is error:

Seems hoek :P

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: D:\GRY\DCS_World_NEW\bin\DCS.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK   

If I don't run UltraMFCD there is no error.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Howdy,

Create that this is progressing...I'm not going to fly A10C anymore but installed it and started to test this anyway..:).

In my system right MFD is squeezed to same window as left mfd (picture and buttons), Right mfd is just empty move able window. Both mfds are working and having buttons. Here is pictures and error report.

On my monitor setup there is no exports.

Error_report_Iku_1.txt

ErrorReport_Iku_1_2.thumb.jpg.de27ed184e79c197f6865eb9778d11d4.jpg

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Thx it helped but then is error with DCS itself.

App detects DCS.... DCS runs but after few seconds there is error:

Seems hoek :P

If I don't run UltraMFCD there is no error.

That's one I've never seen before. Is there anything useful in the Applications section of the Event Log?

--Baker

Howdy,

On my monitor setup there is no exports.

Ah, I can see immediately where I've made some mistakes, Mr Iku "5760x2280". :D UltraMFCD 2 deals with screen sizes very differently when compared with version 1 - i.e. supports proper 4K etc. I've clearly not taken every possibility/permutation in to account. Will take another look at that code and eliminate whatever is causing the issue.

--Baker

That's one I've never seen before. Is there anything useful in the Applications section of the Event Log?

--Baker

Yeah I glanced and here it is (System event log, applications):

Nazwa aplikacji powodującej błąd: DCS.exe, wersja: 1.5.2.48726, sygnatura czasowa: 0x567c2fef
Nazwa modułu powodującego błąd: ka50_protect.dll, wersja: 5.91.1512.10, sygnatura czasowa: 0x567c2fca
Kod wyjątku: 0x40000015
Przesunięcie błędu: 0x000000000002f96e
Identyfikator procesu powodującego błąd: 0x1964
Godzina uruchomienia aplikacji powodującej błąd: 0x01d1465946c91de7
Ścieżka aplikacji powodującej błąd: D:\GRY\DCS_World_NEW\bin\DCS.exe
Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: D:\GRY\DCS_World_NEW\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\bin\ka50_protect.dll
Identyfikator raportu: a7801cd9-b24c-11e5-9bc1-f46d04e5aa3a

Seems something with Ka-50 protection? StarForce?

ಠ_ಠ

Ah, I can see immediately where I've made some mistakes

Glad that you have a clue for the problem right away..:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Yeah I glanced and here it is (System event log, applications):

Seems something with Ka-50 protection? StarForce?

Ah ha!

From a few posts above:

2) Only A-10C is supported at present. We will reintroduce the KA-50 once we know everything is working correctly.

It's not that it crashes by design - clearly that's undesirable behaviour. However, I've not had time to look at the KA-50 at all, what with upgrading the render engine. Consequently, it is entirely likely that it's attempting to run code from v1.0, which is most certainly going to cause problems.

Yes, you seem to be right.

I deleted Ka-50 folder and it gave me error with fc_3protect.dll

I hope Su-25T is supported (later)?

I removed FC3 as well, this time got other error: kernelbase.dll

Nazwa aplikacji powodującej błąd: DCS.exe, wersja: 1.5.2.48726, sygnatura czasowa: 0x567c2fef
Nazwa modułu powodującego błąd: KERNELBASE.dll, wersja: 6.1.7601.18869, sygnatura czasowa: 0x556366fd
Kod wyjątku: 0xc0020001
Przesunięcie błędu: 0x000000000000b3dd
Identyfikator procesu powodującego błąd: 0x19f8
Godzina uruchomienia aplikacji powodującej błąd: 0x01d1465cbc6b11a5
Ścieżka aplikacji powodującej błąd: D:\GRY\DCS_World_NEW\bin\DCS.exe
Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Identyfikator raportu: 0027bb98-b250-11e5-9bc1-f46d04e5aa3a

Edited by Boberro

ಠ_ಠ

Yes, you seem to be right.

I deleted Ka-50 folder and it gave me error with fc_3protect.dll

I hope Su-25T is supported (later)?

Yes, not that the "really scary" engine upgrade is done, there's nothing preventing the addition of new aircraft, displays and a whole bunch of other things certain among you may have heard mentioned from time to time.

Essentially, it was hitherto pointless to keep developing new stuff against the old DirectX 9 versions of DCS, not knowing whether UltraMFCD could be made to work with DirectX 11 at all.

Other than the teething problems we're seeing right at this second, it does work and works well, so full steam ahead!

Please download and install .NET 4.6.1 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49981

I already did that. It installed fine. Starting via Desktop Link was the issue. Direct call via double click works. However it conntinues to say "Waiting for DCS" when I am starting a Quick mission. No effect.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

I already did that. It installed fine. Do I have to install the Runtime in "german" maybe?!

It's possible that might help. I've seen reports in unrelated fields of various system components getting in to a huff due to language pack stuff, so it's worth a shot.

Just to be clear: After the "method not implemented" bit, the error message immediately says something along the lines of "!!0[] System.Array.Empty()", right?

Nope:

When I open via Desktop Link, I get that: (see below)

Direct call works fine. However, the programme does not connect to DCS when I am jumping into a A-10C quick Mission. "Waiting for DCS" it says.

Error_MSG.thumb.png.73e6a494d45a99d2cea68f6ee712b76e.png

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

Nope:

When I open via Desktop Link, I get that: (see below)

Direct call works fine. However, the programme does not connect to DCS when I am jumping into a A-10C quick Mission. "Waiting for DCS" it says.

Just a couple more things:

1) Launching from a shortcut created on the desktop results in an error, but launching the EXE directly does not?

2) You're running this against DCS 1.5, not DCS 2.0 or 1.2?

FYI: If uMFCD doesn't switch to "DCS Detected" the moment you launch the sim (I.e. main menu, not flight), then it'll most certainly not work at all, so you can save a little effort there.

Just a couple more things:

1) Launching from a shortcut created on the desktop results in an error, but launching the EXE directly does not?

2) You're running this against DCS 1.5, not DCS 2.0 or 1.2?

FYI: If uMFCD doesn't switch to "DCS Detected" the moment you launch the sim (I.e. main menu, not flight), then it'll most certainly not work at all, so you can save a little effort there.

1.) Exactly! But it does not any longer. I moved the complete folder and recreated the Desktop link. Now it is okay. You may "low prio" this issue.

2.) I am testing 1.5 primariliy but also tried with 2.0 once. Same issue: "Waiting for DCS".

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus