UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

is there a back version i should use then or just sit tight?

There are actually a lot more problems with the latest update to 1.5.x.

Specifically "Mouse cursor will not be moved outside of DCS window when game window resolution less then desktop resolution" in the DCS changelog is completely messing with us at the moment.

Man... can I not have two weeks without something changing?

--Baker

Edit: The cursor positioning problem is fixed on this end and will be patched in the next uMFCD release.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
VR rendering?! oh please tell me thats true :)

It's on the way, yes. What you see above is a photo-realistic rendering of a full-fat 3D model of the CDU. I'm slowly working on a rendering engine that is extremely efficient where instruments are concerned. Once that's done there's really not much preventing rendering directly in to DCS's "space" using the technology we already have pulling data the other way.

--Baker

yes, please...throwing money at the screen!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

terms of use

Thank you first of all for putting in all the hard work to make the DCS gaming experiance more enjoyable for all of us. And that free of charge.

As a new Rift owner who suffers from "CDU illegibility due to low resolution" (yes, that is an official disease, ask your optometrist ;)) I would be interested in trying your VR CDU addon.

When I read your terms of use however I was a bit confused about the point stated below:

3. To allow UltraMFCD (2.5.5.0) to contact ultramfcd.com upon startup.

Could you elaborate why it is necessary to contact the website and what information is transmitted?

Thank you and happy hunting

3. To allow UltraMFCD (2.5.5.0) to contact ultramfcd.com upon startup.

Could you elaborate why it is necessary to contact the website and what information is transmitted?

Thank you and happy hunting

No information is transmitted from your install. Information such as the current version etc. is retrieved from ultramfcd.com.

Hope that alleviates the paranoia.

:)

Tried this in both 1.5 and 2.0... Crash Locks every time...

Where does folder need to be installed? Inructions are a little vague...

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Baker, I figured you might know the answer to this being the king of exports, can you create any camera view in any direction as an export? i was thinking of creating a tool to emulate reconnaisance cameras, perhaps even as a third party app. Dunno if that of interest to you either as a concept.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Tried this in both 1.5 and 2.0... Crash Locks every time...

Where does folder need to be installed? Inructions are a little vague...

Sierra

It doesn't need to be installed anywhere in particular. Just launch the EXE and it should take care of the rest.

Are you running any other mods such as SweetFX, perchance?

--Baker

Baker, I figured you might know the answer to this being the king of exports, can you create any camera view in any direction as an export? i was thinking of creating a tool to emulate reconnaisance cameras, perhaps even as a third party app. Dunno if that of interest to you either as a concept.

That's actually something I've thought long and hard about.

In the first instance, the answer is a resounding NO. In order to render completely independent views, and have them arrive in useful memory, action is required at the source code level of DCS. There's a long-winded explanation behind this, but it boils down to each view requiring a complete pass of the rendering engine. A bit of background:

So, when you switch on that TGP/Shkval and your framerate tanks? Obviously it does. The graphics engine is rendering everything from the Pilot's point of view, then re-rendering (part or perhaps nothing) of the scene from the sensor's PoV. If it's a wide-angle sensor, it's more or less like rendering everything like-for-like twice, or worse, rendering a completely different scene in the sensor is looking backwards.

UltraMFCD can fiddle with rendering passes as they happen, but can't magic new passes out of thin air.

HOWEVER!

I may be a slow-moving modder at times, but I already have a design and pre-alpha system for sending sensor images from one instance of UltraMFCD to another. Thus, in multiplayer, the role of a FAC would be enhanced immensely.

Does this make sense?

--Baker

Yes I trust your knowledge on this, and thanks for your response! I think i know where you are going with the JTAC camera, I believe we tried to implement that with TWITCH once....and never again. :) We tried another screen rebroadcasting channel as well, with only a 5 second delay. I believe there's something cool in a JTAC screen though, since it very much exists, and I look forward to seeing you try it one day! :)

That's actually something I've thought long and hard about.

In the first instance, the answer is a resounding NO. In order to render completely independent views, and have them arrive in useful memory, action is required at the source code level of DCS. There's a long-winded explanation behind this, but it boils down to each view requiring a complete pass of the rendering engine. A bit of background:

So, when you switch on that TGP/Shkval and your framerate tanks? Obviously it does. The graphics engine is rendering everything from the Pilot's point of view, then re-rendering (part or perhaps nothing) of the scene from the sensor's PoV. If it's a wide-angle sensor, it's more or less like rendering everything like-for-like twice, or worse, rendering a completely different scene in the sensor is looking backwards.

UltraMFCD can fiddle with rendering passes as they happen, but can't magic new passes out of thin air.

HOWEVER!

I may be a slow-moving modder at times, but I already have a design and pre-alpha system for sending sensor images from one instance of UltraMFCD to another. Thus, in multiplayer, the role of a FAC would be enhanced immensely.

Does this make sense?

--Baker

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

It doesn't need to be installed anywhere in particular. Just launch the EXE and it should take care of the rest.

Are you running any other mods such as SweetFX, perchance?

--Baker

Disabled all of my mods with no change...I launch UltraMFD, Launch DCS...Ultra MFD "Sees" DCS and Icon changes...System crashes before Game actually loads. I'll set it up for crash log tonight for ya.

Sierra...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I havent had a chance to read through all 40 pages. I like the UMFCD but it isnt what Im looking for at the moment... is there a way to turn it off, by chance? I may utilize it later Failing that, I'm a complete amateur at mods; whats your suggestion for a safe removal?

Edited by Onedef1

I havent had a chance to read through all 40 pages. I like the UMFCD but it isnt what Im looking for at the moment... is there a way to turn it off, by chance? I may utilize it later Failing that, I'm a complete amateur at mods; whats your suggestion for a safe removal?

UltraMFCD isn't like other mods. It's only active when you're running the EXE - it makes zero changes to your install even when it's running (even if the entire system crashes, your DCS install is untouched), so by definition there is no uninstallation process other than deleting the uMFCD files, wherever you put them.

Hope that makes sense!

--Baker

@ Onedef1,

I still get the impression that you are confused. Umfcd does not need a toggle as it is not installed into DCS or your computer. It is a completely separate application that is NOT installed into DCS you can just have the folder sitting in any drive or even on your desktop, You either run it prior to starting DCS or you don't in which case nothing in DCS or your computer is changed so no need for a on/off toggle.

hope this helps.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Sgt Baker!

First of all, big thank you for your efforts for creating this really promising tool!

Unfortunately i´m having the same issue as Sierra99, that when launching DCS, it is crashing instantly. I had deactivated all mods too, to get sure that nothing is being influenced. Is there som kind of log where to look into?

Is it possible, that it has to do with my big total resolution of 13440x2160?

I´m running here 3xDisplays 3840x2160 for the mainview and below 1x 1920x1080 for MFCD´s.

Your nice software could save me a lot or GPU recources with my 14 touchscreens alltogether running at 4xGTX 950 (touchscreens with Helios) and one GTX980Ti (3x 4k mainscreens and 1xHD for MFCDs).

Is it possible to export everything to any screen without raising the render-resolution inside DCS, which would be really overkill with my tons of screens?

Kind regards,

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

@ Terrorvogel,

That is the main advantage of this. you can export the viewports to a screen that is NOT part of the DCS resolution so DCS can be running on a 1650 x 1080 top monitor and the MFD's, RWR Etc can be on any screen at there own resolution completely separate. It is drag and drop for placing and click and drag for resizing.

At the moment there are some problems with the amount of changes DCS is going through breaking it on nearly every update so don't expect to get anything working well till we get DCS2 combined.

Hope this helps with you question.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup: