UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

latest build is triggering antivirus as infection IDP.SMPQ.4

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

latest build is triggering antivirus as infection IDP.SMPQ.4

Which AV software? This happens from time to time. When I push 2.7.1 to release, 99.99% certain the false positive will go away.

In the mean time, you might want to notify your AV software folk that it's a false positive.

--Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Hi

In general 2.7.1 works good, the stacking of windows and native DCS kneeboard for instance.

But I have found some inconsistency for how to bring up the uMFCD kneeboard and I need some further investigation. I'm going on a vacation with the family next week and working during the weekend, so I'm not sure if I have the time to do it until I'm back.

But I can mention two bugs I've found:

1) If I have had the maps active in the native DCS kneeboard when flying an aircraft other than Ka-50, and then switch to Ka-50 (during same DCS/uMFCD session), part of the map is exported to and covers the Shkval almost entirely (at least in DCS 1.5). It obeys the same key commands as the actual kneeboard export, i.e. RShift+K. The native DCS kneeboard export is unaffected by this bug.

2) In DCS 2.1 (NTTR) and Ka-50, the Shkval is broken (constantly black) and the ABRIS map is gone. The ABRIS seems to function correctly except no map.

Also, if it's possible to separate the kneeboards in uMFCD settings so one can choose which to use if not both, would be a good (but not crucial) addition.

BR

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Looks like this is down to the Colour LITENING/Shkval option. Will auto-disable in 2.1 until things with the rendering engine have settled down.

2) In DCS 2.1 (NTTR) and Ka-50, the Shkval is broken (constantly black) and the ABRIS map is gone. The ABRIS seems to function correctly except no map.

1) If I have had the maps active in the native DCS kneeboard when flying an aircraft other than Ka-50, and then switch to Ka-50 (during same DCS/uMFCD session), part of the map is exported to and covers the Shkval almost entirely (at least in DCS 1.5). It obeys the same key commands as the actual kneeboard export, i.e. RShift+K. The native DCS kneeboard export is unaffected by this bug.

I can't seem to reproduce this bug for now.

I tried to disable Colour LITENING/Shkval, and yes, Shkval and ABRIS map is back.

A new potential bug together with 2.1.1, don't know if its due to uMFCD or DCS. When starting DCS 2.1.1 the firs time after boot-up, if uMFCD is active I get this error when entering ME. The "try again" ("försök igen") does nothing and "cancel" ("avbryt") gives CTD.

MetaShader.jpg.79fe7d399914b73a6ca7735552c040f3.jpg

I believe also when starting arbitrary mission, needs more investigation.

It gives this error every time I try with uMFCD active.

To be able to run DCS 2.1.1 and uMFCD, I need to first start DCS without uMFCD and enter ME (possibly a mission) ones, then close DCS, start uMFCD and restart DCS. Now it works.

This for every time I've restarted my computer.

Last for now, I can not seem to find a pattern about how to bring up the uMFCD kneeboard for the firs time. Two possible ways to do it:

1) 2*[RShift+K]. Close native one and bring it up again, uMFCD one will pop up.

2) Mouse click somewhere on windows desktop to make all export displays to disappear (I have 'Hide displays when outside DCS' checked), then return to DCS so that they emerge again, uMFCD one will pop up.

Both methods might bring up the uMFCD kneeboard, but most often it's important what method is used first. If wrong method is used first time after loading a mission, it's impossible to bring it up for the entire mission. But if correct method is used first, uMFCD kneeboard will follow [RShift+K]. What is the correct first method seems to depend on aircraft, but it's not consistent. And sometimes is appears that it doesn't matter what method is used first, both work.

A reflection:

If both native and uMFCD kneeboard is active and I enter full screen mode, the native one will disappear as expected, but the uMFCD one is still usable.

Now I'm going on a vacation.

See you in a few weeks. :pilotfly:

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I can't seem to reproduce this bug for now.

Me neither, despite a lot of trying.

I tried to disable Colour LITENING/Shkval, and yes, Shkval and ABRIS map is back.

A new potential bug together with 2.1.1, don't know if its due to uMFCD or DCS. When starting DCS 2.1.1 the firs time after boot-up, if uMFCD is active I get this error when entering ME. The "try again" ("försök igen") does nothing and "cancel" ("avbryt") gives CTD.

[ATTACH]163690[/ATTACH]

I believe also when starting arbitrary mission, needs more investigation.

It gives this error every time I try with uMFCD active.

To be able to run DCS 2.1.1 and uMFCD, I need to first start DCS without uMFCD and enter ME (possibly a mission) ones, then close DCS, start uMFCD and restart DCS. Now it works.

This for every time I've restarted my computer.

I believe these two are the exact same problem manifesting in different ways. In internal builds I'm now detecting 2.1.1 and automatically disabling the colour LITENING before it gets anywhere near DCS. This seems to solve both the no-maps error and the retry/cancel dead loop.

Last for now, I can not seem to find a pattern about how to bring up the uMFCD kneeboard for the firs time. Two possible ways to do it:

1) 2*[RShift+K]. Close native one and bring it up again, uMFCD one will pop up.

2) Mouse click somewhere on windows desktop to make all export displays to disappear (I have 'Hide displays when outside DCS' checked), then return to DCS so that they emerge again, uMFCD one will pop up.

Both methods might bring up the uMFCD kneeboard, but most often it's important what method is used first. If wrong method is used first time after loading a mission, it's impossible to bring it up for the entire mission. But if correct method is used first, uMFCD kneeboard will follow [RShift+K]. What is the correct first method seems to depend on aircraft, but it's not consistent. And sometimes is appears that it doesn't matter what method is used first, both work.

Am presently looking in to this one.

A reflection:

If both native and uMFCD kneeboard is active and I enter full screen mode, the native one will disappear as expected, but the uMFCD one is still usable.

Now I'm going on a vacation.

See you in a few weeks. :pilotfly:

/H

Enjoy! :)

--Baker

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for your great application, i was a lot of time not using it and now I cannot get it to work. Does it save configuration in some other place than the folder in which I uncompressed the zip? I'd like to start from scratch because I'm receiving and "error loading key bindings, try to clear..." and doing that makes no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Please do in your programm Radar and RWR for M-2000C. Tnx
Sgt Baker previously stated that unless he had a generous gift in the form of a M2000 license, this won't happen anytime soon.

Asking again is useless, but a donation for that awesome piece of software may contribute toward that goal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Latest beta build fixed my problems in 1.5 but I can not make this work in 2.1. I had a bunch of window exports open that couldn't be used and some were displaying nothing but blackness. I had green text and other distorted exports on the screen as well. I even tried with deferred shading off but my game would just crash.

Edited by Oscar Juliet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
HOW USE ULTRAMFCD WITH TRIPLE SCREEN AND EXPORT TO TABLES????

DARI

First Dari, disable caps lock. It looks like you are screaming.

And no, doesn't work with tablet export what I know of.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5