• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I now get this:

"UltraMFCD was unable to contact the beta validation server."

"UltraMFCD encountered an error while checking for a new version."

Hopefully @Sgt_Baker will return and fix it. This is THE most useful addon for the Ka-50!

I miss it...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I second you on that! That's almost essential for me!!!

Hope it will be fixed...

Unfortunately I now get this:

"UltraMFCD was unable to contact the beta validation server."

"UltraMFCD encountered an error while checking for a new version."

Hopefully @Sgt_Baker will return and fix it. This is THE most useful addon for the Ka-50!

I miss it...

Keep up your good Work! I really love your software!

MSI ACE MEG X570, Ryzen 3900x@4.3GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200, 1TB Samsung 960 EVO, 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 1TB Seagate,Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti , Creative AE-9 Soundblaster PCI, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Saitek pro Flight, Track IR5 Pro & Oculus Rift VR:joystick:

OverDhill

On the F15, does this program only transfer the radar or the radar AND the rwr?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Anyone tried 2.5? In my case I see no cam through panel, I mean in case of example Su-25T, there is reddish square with elements but no real camera picture.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Anyone tried 2.5? In my case I see no cam through panel, I mean in case of example Su-25T, there is reddish square with elements but no real camera picture.

I'm alternating between separate installs of 1.5.8 and 2.5,

and I notice I like DCS 1.5.8 better.

DCS 1.5.8 appears to be the perfect (short life span perfect) 1.5.x.

Everything actually works (labels, trees, beautiful Mustang map) and my FPS is over 100 (105-125) instead of 35 (with NVidia Inspector AA settings).

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, it seems to work fine in 2.5. At least for the Ka-50.

There are some things to think about though.

1) Deferred Shading doesn't work. (we all know this)

2) All files in the metashaders and metalfx folders need to be created first, otherwise the game will crash. Do this:

a) make sure Deferred Shading I turned off

b) go into ME and make sure all zoom levels on the map are completely loaded (have Explorer open in the metafx folder and make sure the file count stop to increase when moving around and zooming in and out)

c) place a player Ka-50 somewhere and start the mission (I believe starting it is enough, but I also opened the ABRIS map and zoomed all zoom levels just to be sure)

d) repeat b and c for all your maps.

That's it I believe. Maybe need to be redone after every DCS update.

PS try this for whatever aircraft you have, I only tested with the Ka-50, and I forgot the kneeboards

PSS it doesn't crash if Deferred Shading is on, but the panels doesn't export correctly. They work though. You need to repeat the above process with DS on if you are curious and want to see how it looks.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Thanks for all that effort in working out the quirks, Holton181. In a stroke you've made life much easier come the next update.

:)

Happy I could help!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

A disclaimer for my method above:

When successfully flying around in 2.5 I noticed a few shader files was created when entering cockpit, then I flew around a bit, but not to far away from the airfield.

I hope these shader files created are cockpit specific. If they are related to location they might cause problems when going further away from the starting point.

I'll will try to start from another airport with UltraMFCD running and see if it crashes and without to see if new files are created, hopefully later today.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

No, no problems with different locations. Not with different aircrafts either, no more files were created when changing aircrafts. Weather and time of year didn't seem to make any difference either.

But it's important to zoom on the ME map at several locations, preferably at the outermost airports and some in the middle. Crashed for me once when changing location, but all was okay after I let the shader files create.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I cannot seem to get it to work in 2.5. I follwed the instructions above, yet it still is crashing while loading sim.
Do you get a pop-up saying it can't create shaders?

Did you make sure no more files were created in the above mentioned folders?

When I'm talking about zooming I mean both in and out to the extremes and between, preferably not to fast, giving DCS time to create the files.

And of course, do this with UltraMFC not running, but I assume you understood that.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Just crash after start

http://recordit.co/z9JTyTC3WT

2.5?

Did you follow my instructions in post #713?

Edit:

Just remembered it doesn't work in 2.5 with Deferred Shading. It doesn't crash, but no real export.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

when i start a flight this is how my screen looks. any ideas ?? Triple Monitor setup, total screen res 5760x1080
Deferred Shading on?

This is how it looks if you have it on. Turn it off and I believe it will work, does for me on dual display (one for cockpit, the other for exports only).

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5