UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

I have Deferred Shading turned off. I have also followed all steps you suggested in post 713

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Then I don't know? Maybe your three display setup? Try to configure DCS with only one display for your cockpit and see if it works, just for hunting down the cause of the problem.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sgt_Baker

Two things I noticed after latest 2.5 update (you might be aware of them already):

1) Kneeboards can't be exported. If they are selected in UltraMFCD they are totally non-present.

2) Regeneration of the files in the fxo folder doesn't cause crashes, only those in metashaders folder and/or subfolder. Noticed this by coincidence after switching DS on. fxo was emptied by DCS and started regenerate while UltraMFCD was running.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Then I don't know? Maybe your three display setup? Try to configure DCS with only one display for your cockpit and see if it works, just for hunting down the cause of the problem.
Thanks dude. Works perfect on single monitor. Any idea if it can work on three screens ?

Thanks dude. Works perfect on single monitor. Any idea if it can work on three screens ?

No idea, sorry :-(

Hopefully Sgt_Baker have some input on this.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
when i start a flight this is how my screen looks. any ideas ?? Triple Monitor setup, total screen res 5760x1080

same problem with two monitors :(

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

How would you use this with VR?

Interesting question. As VR is little limited by things like this. But if you could get the screens float around and move/resize them as you want in the 3D space, it could be big thing for VR users.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

After 2.5 i ve never flown,couse metashader error appears or crash or UltraMFCD res is cover all 3 screens.DS off.

Without UltraMFCD fly is not worth.

Turn Deferred Shading off, then follow my instructions in post #713. Then it works in 2.5.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yes, it seems to work fine in 2.5. At least for the Ka-50.

There are some things to think about though.

1) Deferred Shading doesn't work. (we all know this)

2) All files in the metashaders and metalfx folders need to be created first, otherwise the game will crash. Do this:

a) make sure Deferred Shading I turned off

b) go into ME and make sure all zoom levels on the map are completely loaded (have Explorer open in the metafx folder and make sure the file count stop to increase when moving around and zooming in and out)

c) place a player Ka-50 somewhere and start the mission (I believe starting it is enough, but I also opened the ABRIS map and zoomed all zoom levels just to be sure)

d) repeat b and c for all your maps.

That's it I believe. Maybe need to be redone after every DCS update.

PS try this for whatever aircraft you have, I only tested with the Ka-50, and I forgot the kneeboards

PSS it doesn't crash if Deferred Shading is on, but the panels doesn't export correctly. They work though. You need to repeat the above process with DS on if you are curious and want to see how it looks.

İn b) ME what is stands for?

And i dont understand:

have Explorer open in the metafx folder and make sure the file count stop to increase when moving around and zooming in and out

Thanx?

İn b) ME what is stands for?

And i dont understand:

have Explorer open in the metafx folder and make sure the file count stop to increase when moving around and zooming in and out

Thanx?

ME stand for Mission Editor. Open it and repeat the procedure for all maps you have.

About the metafx folder, that bullet isn't all that necessary but can give a hint on when you're done with the zooming stuff. The folder is located in your [Windows user name]\Saved Games\DCS.... folder. Open it and you can see how the files are created while doing the zooming. You should have a file counter in the bottom left of the Explorer. When the counter does not increase anymore when you move around the map zooming up and down, you are probably done with that map and can move on to the next, or start flying. It's a good idea to simply delete the metafx folder after every DCS update, and of course redo this procedure to recreate the files again.

It's when DCS wants to create one of these files in the metafx folder the game crash if UltraMFCD is running.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Thank you.

I just remember, the folder to look in can be metafx AND/OR metashaders folder. metafx is a subfolder to metashaders. Delete metashaders (including metafx) after each DCS update (this has actually nothing to do with UltraMFCD, god thing to do for everyone).

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

So, for whatever it's worth, in 2.5.2 OB only a few metashader for each map is created, depending on aircraft. And it's done in the new folder 'metashaders2'. No need for the tedious zooming stuff I've mentioned before.

Two aircrafts that generates a metashader file for each map is the Su-25T and Ka-50. They generate the same file, so after loading a mission ones with one of them after deleting the folder and without running uMFCD, no need to run with the other one.

Some aircrafts NOT generating metashader files (no need to run them before using uMFCD):

TF-51D

UH-1H

Mi-8

Viggen

These six aircrafts are the only ones I have, so you might need to try loading any additional ones yourself and see if any metashader files are created.

The recreation of files in the 'fxo' folder doesn't cause crashes with uMFCD.

BUT!!!

In the OB branch the Deferred Shading can not be turned off!!! This means you can not really use uMFCD at the moment. Doing as I described above will stop it from crashing, but the exporting will not work correctly. Hopefully Sgt_Baker will return to this excellent project and correct what has been broken by ED

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

So, for whatever it's worth, in 2.5.2 OB only a few metashader for each map is created, depending on aircraft. And it's done in the new folder 'metashaders2'. No need for the tedious zooming stuff I've mentioned before.

Two aircrafts that generates a metashader file for each map is the Su-25T and Ka-50. They generate the same file, so after loading a mission ones with one of them after deleting the folder and without running uMFCD, no need to run with the other one.

Some aircrafts NOT generating metashader files (no need to run them before using uMFCD):

TF-51D

UH-1H

Mi-8

Viggen

These six aircrafts are the only ones I have, so you might need to try loading any additional ones yourself and see if any metashader files are created.

The recreation of files in the 'fxo' folder doesn't cause crashes with uMFCD.

BUT!!!

In the OB branch the Deferred Shading can not be turned off!!! This means you can not really use uMFCD at the moment. Doing as I described above will stop it from crashing, but the exporting will not work correctly. Hopefully Sgt_Baker will return to this excellent project and correct what has been broken by ED

Ah I see, thank you very much for the response. I'll try that but I think I might reinstall since I cannot load into ME even without uMFCD running. :( Can you recommend any other methods or software I can use in OB for exporting MFD's to different monitors.

Ah I see, thank you very much for the response. I'll try that but I think I might reinstall since I cannot load into ME even without uMFCD running. :( Can you recommend any other methods or software I can use in OB for exporting MFD's to different monitors.
Try a cleanup and restore first. If you don't know how to do it manually try this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2666866

Unfortunately I have no other plugin to recommend. You can export manually by some lua editing. Search the forum and you will hopefully find some instructions.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Try a cleanup and restore first. If you don't know how to do it manually try this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2666866

Unfortunately I have no other plugin to recommend. You can export manually by some lua editing. Search the forum and you will hopefully find some instructions.

Good idea, thats a really handy tool, that will definitely come in use. Thanks again for your help man

• 2 weeks later...

Great addon! A lot of thanks to Sgt_Baker! Hope he won't give up this project..

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Bugger...

"This beta version of UltraMFCD has expired. Please visit UltraMFCD.com to download the latest version."

v2.7.1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...

Dear Eagle Dynamics,

UltraMFCD is not dead. However, and understandably - I would be too - Eagle Dynamics aren't too pleased with some random bloke coming along and tugging at the brain stem of their custom rendering engine.

Pleas have been made - up to and including healthy offers where potential revenue sharing is concerned - in order to resolve the perceived brain-stem-tugging conflict. I would like nothing more than NOT to have to fiddle around with DCS's internal plumbing in order to make uMFCD do what it does. Yet here we are, years in to the "we can't stop each other" conflict, and no closer to amicable resolution.

People want UltraMFCD on account of its obviously beneficial functionality. I want to provide UltraMFCD users with the functionality they desire. And they constantly request more and more and more.

Is there any way, means or method by which we can meet in the middle?

Best regards,

Sgt_Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

I for one hope that ED and SGT_Baker can find that middle.

Umfcd for me is very important because its ease and flexibility.

Changing lua's must isn't feasible when using different monitor setups.

I really hope the good people of ED see this and acknowledge the need for such tool, especially for people in changing envirements or deep knowledge of computers.

Please let Baker continue which his great tool. It's a win for everyone.