looking for MiG-29 forum, version 1.5

fitness88

There is no Mig-29 forum, as there is no separate Mig-29 module.

Both the Mig-29 and Su-33 fall under the general DSC:Flaming Cliffs 3 forum, at least until they get their own stand-alone modules in the way that the A-10A, Su-25, F-15C, and Su-27 have.

The best we can do is hope that happens soon, and use the forum search tool to look for Mig-29 as a keyword.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.

There is no Mig-29 forum, as there is no separate Mig-29 module.

Both the Mig-29 and Su-33 fall under the general DSC:Flaming Cliffs 3 forum, at least until they get their own stand-alone modules in the way that the A-10A, Su-25, F-15C, and Su-27 have.

The best we can do is hope that happens soon, and use the forum search tool to look for Mig-29 as a keyword.

Thanks for the info...Any of my questions on the Mig 29 that I searched for in the forums all came back pre-version 1.5, would you know what the new 0KM gauge just above the fuel gauge is for. BTW I really like the new fuel gauge the way it incorporates the external fuel drop tanks.

Edited by fitness88

...would you know what the new 0KM gauge just above the fuel gauge is for...

That should be the remaining flight distance indicator. That's what it sounds like, anyway.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

That should be the remaining flight distance indicator. That's what it sounds like, anyway.

I tried changing the return and the landing to different airports but it didn't affect the numbers. The only thing that did affect the numbers was when I accelerated then the numbers dropped and when I throttled back the numbers went up.

The distance indicator may be indicating distance to empty fuel based on current consumption. I will do more testing and get back.

Thanks.

...The distance indicator may be indicating distance to empty fuel based on current consumption. I will do more testing and get back.

No need to test. That is what it is. Based on current fuel consumption, etc, it shows you the range you have left--distance remaining.

EDIT: It's part of the fuel management system. I've got a diagram somewhere on my HD. If I find it, I'll upload it.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

No need to test. That is what it is. Based on current fuel consumption, etc, it shows you the range you have left--distance remaining.

EDIT: It's part of the fuel management system. I've got a diagram somewhere on my HD. If I find it, I'll upload it.

Thanks Ironhand...that's great information to know when you're low on fuel!

Thanks Ironhand...that's great information to know when you're low on fuel!

Makes it easier to adjust your fuel flow for maximum range, too. :)

Attached are the diagram I spoke of...

...And I tried to provide a link to the manual it came from but the link is giving the forum software fits. So go to Google and search for: mig29fm.pdf The first link should be the MiG-29 Manual...something no self-respecting MiG driver should be without.

_____

Makes it easier to adjust your fuel flow for maximum range, too. :)

Attached are the diagram I spoke of...

...And I tried to provide a link to the manual it came from but the link is giving the forum software fits. So go to Google and search for: mig29fm.pdf The first link should be the MiG-29 Manual...something no self-respecting MiG driver should be without.

Great technical info...how much of this have you found is actually modeled in the MiG-29 [v.1.5]?

One question... how navigate through the waypoints with the mig 29? , no indication about the current waypoint in the HUD or HDD...

Regards.

That's a good question and I just noticed that. What I do in the F-15c is to use a list of the runway numbers with their corresponding airports in conjunction with the HSI/Required Heading. I'll do the same in the MiG-29.

Link for that info: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123634

To Quote Robin_Hood:

Every airport has a unique course, indicated on the HSI, that you can use to discriminate which one you are tuned on. For example:

295 is Mineralne Vody

236 is Nalchik

219 is Maykop

062 is Sochi

126 is Batumi

Edited by fitness88

Thanks!

But if i have a flight plan, i dont know if i fly to waypoint one or two or seven, for example the F-15 show a number of waypoint selected in the HUD and the Su-27 in the HDD, but the Mig-29 only show in the HDD the HUD but in the HUD doesn't have any indication about the current waypoint selected of the flight plan.

Sorry for my poor english :music_whistling:

Thanks!

But if i have a flight plan, i dont know if i fly to waypoint one or two or seven, for example the F-15 show a number of waypoint selected in the HUD and the Su-27 in the HDD, but the Mig-29 only show in the HDD the HUD but in the HUD doesn't have any indication about the current waypoint selected of the flight plan.

Sorry for my poor english :music_whistling:

I understand...with a flight plan of 7 way points when cycling through them you don't know which one you are referencing. There has been some discussion about this matter with regards to the MiG-29. Apparently the MiG-29 HDD is only a repeater for the HUD in the real world so for realism they left it that way.

Indeed this will be a problem I will look into this more and get back if I have any helpful info but in the mean time I think all you can do is use your HSI and use your kneeboard maps.

example:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eH_Q5qF_878/VPkA_bAmT6I/AAAAAAABDiI/R0tBSNGL8fM/s640/Screen_150305_154018_HSI-02.jpg

rightctrl - K will show your current exact position on the map.

P.S. your English is fine!

Edited by fitness88

In the MiG-29s, what is the angle of attack when on final and when flaring on touch down?

Thank you.

In-game or IRL?

Currently, I don't think it matters in-game because of the SFM...don't really know how the real one works though. :(

Lord of Salt

In-game or IRL?

Currently, I don't think it matters in-game because of the SFM...don't really know how the real one works though. :(

For what's it's worth I just picked this up off the internet:

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/docs.php?id=1086

"For a controlled, slow landing, the nose may have to be nearly 10 degrees

above the horizon"

In the MiG-29s, what is the angle of attack when on final and when flaring on touch down?

Thank you.

I think you'll find that you don't fly a particular AoA down to the landing. Generally, you want to cross the inner marker at around 280-290 km/hr with a sink rate of no more than 3 m/sec. Aim to touch down at about 270 km/hr with a sink rate of 1 m/sec or less.

With those numbers, I think you'll find yourself more or less in the middle of the AoA index on the left side of the "Landing" HUD.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

One question... how navigate through the waypoints with the mig 29? , no indication about the current waypoint in the HUD or HDD...

Regards.

The indication is not on the HUD. It's on the Navigation Control Panel below the warning lights panel. There are lights that light according to WP selected. Unfortunately, I haven't paid much attention to it myself, so I'm not sure how many WPs can be selected or if it even works that way in the sim. But that's where you would know which WP was selected based on the panel light which is lit in the real-world aircraft.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

BTW, anyone use the 'INFO' command when flying a Russian plane. It shows for example AGL in feet instead of meters, speed in KTS instead of KM/HR and so on...would it be considered a cheat?

Too bad it doesn't give waypoint info.

:) Didn't even know it existed.

EDIT: Don't see how it would be a cheat. It doesn't gain you any advantage.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

The indication is not on the HUD. It's on the Navigation Control Panel below the warning lights panel. There are lights that light according to WP selected. Unfortunately, I haven't paid much attention to it myself, so I'm not sure how many WPs can be selected or if it even works that way in the sim. But that's where you would know which WP was selected based on the panel light which is lit in the real-world aircraft.

So...it appears that the Navigation Panel is not animated in the sim. So, while it's easy to know which is selected in the real world aircraft (you can program up to 6 I believe)), you don't have the same luxury in the sim.

_____

So...it appears that the Navigation Panel is not animated in the sim. So, while it's easy to know which is selected in the real world aircraft (you can program up to 6 I believe)), you don't have the same luxury in the sim.

Yes this would be a tough one to over come if not for the kneeboard showing your current real time location relative to waypoints & waypoint flight paths.

Knowing exactly where you are allows you to do some quick nav and select the WP you want.

"LAlt - Y" Info bar coordinate units toggle

Oh! That was what you were referring to. For some reason, I thought you meant something that displayed that info in the cockpit. That one I knew about. I just never use it. Thinking in feet and knots confuses the hell out of me.

_____

Oh! That was what you were referring to. For some reason, I thought you meant something that displayed that info in the cockpit. That one I knew about. I just never use it. Thinking in feet and knots confuses the hell out of me.

Yes me as well, I'm on metric.

What can be done about the Mig-29s j-stick blocking the lower instrument panel?