Not updating to 1.5.2.48110.121?

dooom

hey all - tried to run the update .... it runs the update manager as expected and launches into DCS but I'm still showing 1.5.1.47285 in lower right corner. Is this a bug of mine or is the update not live yet?

FANTASTIC news on the mem leak fix!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Need a little help here. So I noticed that none of my Updaters are at the version level on this page link. Is DCS_updater 2.6.9.43 for Stable, Beta, Alpha...or all 3?

Thanks

CJ

My updater was updated to .43 on 1.5 and 2.0, haven't tried the stable version yet.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

My updater was updated to .43 on 1.5 and 2.0, haven't tried the stable version yet.

For some reason my Beta is still 2.6.4.30 & Alpha is 2.6.5.31. I'm assuming I can unzip 2.6.9.43 into my bin folder for both installs & it will do its thing to update those versions right?

I thought I had a problem with the updater not updating. Thanks for posting.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Same here......thanks for the info.

Anyone know if there will be an update to 2.0 today. I read in last weeks newsletter that they were planning two updates this week, one for 1.5 and the other for 2.0 but it wasn't mentioned at all in this weeks newsletter.

Would be nice to get the memory leak fixed in that version too :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Same here......thanks for the info.

Anyone know if there will be an update to 2.0 today. I read in last weeks newsletter that they were planning two updates this week, one for 1.5 and the other for 2.0 but it wasn't mentioned at all in this weeks newsletter.

Would be nice to get the memory leak fixed in that version too :thumbup:

Actually it was stated there would be an update to 1.5 this week , not 2.0

But earlier today I think someone mentioned that there would be an update to 2.0 to follow, but no mention of timeline.

I have already pointed my Nvidia Inspector profile back to the 1.5 executable, and anxiously awaiting to test.

:)

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Actually it was stated there would be an update to 1.5 this week , not 2.0

But earlier today I think someone mentioned that there would be an update to 2.0 to follow, but no mention of timeline.

I have already pointed my Nvidia Inspector profile back to the 1.5 executable, and anxiously awaiting to test.

:)

This was posted in the newsletter dated Dec 4th :-

DCS World 2.0 and Nevada Map Update

Over the past week, we have been keeping a very close eye on bug reports and have noted them in our bug tracking database. We are now in the process of addressing those bugs in order to bring the map from Alpha to Beta. We expect to bring you the first Nevada map update next week.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478

I guess the update for 2.0 is just not ready for release yet.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

:D:smartass:

They are just messing with us (They being ED). There drinking (insert preferred adult beverage here) on Friday, kicking back in the office, some says:"I bet if we say "this" and "that" the forums will go crazy". Some one responds:"Let's do it".

And that is why we can update, they are playing with our emotions. :cry::P:)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Or maybe it is just taking longer to upload than they anticipated, who knows.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Updated ok. For feedback (as nothing went wrong) here's what happened:

- Clicked the DCS World OpenBeta icon. Updater updated to latest.

- It used the OpenAlpha 2 files as a source for update files (which was unexpected but neat I guess?)

- Found about 5.4 GB to update. It did this via torrent and it worked well. The rate was ~5 MB/s download and was quick and had 8 peers or so, unpacked about 7 GB of updates.

- Nicer dialogs for what was going on, i.e. it showed each file being updated.

- 1.5.2 then launched, flew a mission, seemed to work :)

Getting back to DCS after a couple of years. I have started 1.5 several times today and it does not update to 1.5.2 as announced on the Newsletter. My current version shows as 1.5.1 so it is updated to the latest, sans 1.5.2 which it doesn't want to.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Getting back to DCS after a couple of years. I have started 1.5 several times today and it does not update to 1.5.2 as announced on the Newsletter. My current version shows as 1.5.1 so it is updated to the latest, sans 1.5.2 which it doesn't want to.

It only automatically checks for updates once a day or so. There should be a shortcut in your start menu called "Update DCS World OpenBeta" which will force an update check.

Just a note, if you aren't able to update you may need to undo an earlier workaround change that some of us had made. If you never made a change in this file then you don't need to do anything.

run notepad as administrator

open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

remove line: 158.69.22.224 srv4.update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

What I done was delete the 'autoupdate.cfg' file then ran the updater.

But it looks like it will install the whole game again. Estimated download size 18 GB...

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________