Snap Veiws?

Been out of flight sims for about 5 years and getting back in with LOMAC.

Is it possible to get snap views in LOMAC? I'd prefer a full left, full up, etc instead of using the hat or mouse to scroll around in a dogfight.

I'm using a CH USB HOTAS if it makes a difference. :joystick:

Thanks.

Yes it is ...

I've got snapviews for looking at HUD close-up, radar and TEWS in the Eagle and HUD, armament panel and TV in the A-10. They can be configured differently for each a/c - in the C:\Games\LockOn\Config\View\snapviews.lua file. A lot of fiddling is required, but worth it! Each a/c has a number defined in views.lua.

I use a Cougar, otherwise I'd post some settings.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Kula66. I already have that set up on my stick to look at the panels as a snap view but I also wanted to have snap views to look outside of the cockpit (eg. look 90 degrees left, look 45 degrees right, look straight up) like this so a button push shows this view then snaps back to the centred cockpit view:

view.JPG

Is that possible or am I stuck with the mouse or keypad "scrolling" views?

Update: I looked at the file at maybe it can be done but it's beyond my ability without some help. I'm looking specificly at the A-10 for now.

Thanks Kula66. I already have that set up on my stick to look at the panels as a snap view but I also wanted to have snap views to look outside of the cockpit (eg. look 90 degrees left, look 45 degrees right, look straight up).

Is that possible or am I stuck with the mouse or keypad "scrolling" views?

At one time, it was possible to set up your own snap views. I don't know if it still holds true or not. You might need to experiment since cockpit.lua no longer exists. And the commands might now be worthless. However...

Look in KeyCommands.doc in your LOMAC Doc folder. Toward the bottom of the Cockpit View Control section, there is the description for ALT-KeyPad 0-9 and RWin-KeyPad 0-9. At one time, that was what you wanted. It may no longer be the case.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ironhand what key is RWin?

I tried using the ALT KP* and CNT KP* and that is what I was looking for! ALT is a bit dodgy but I'll figure it out so I can look further in any 1 direction.

Thats guys!

Ironhand what key is RWin?...

RWin= Right Windows key. On US keyboards, anyway, there are two keys with the Windows logo on them next to the left and right ALT keys.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks Kula66. I already have that set up on my stick to look at the panels as a snap view but I also wanted to have snap views to look outside of the cockpit

I haven't tried it but can't you you the same system to look further around by changing the H&V to somewhere on the canopy outside the cockpit?

When you say snap view, do you mean you snap back when you release the key or snap back when you press another key?

From the manual "RWin – Key Pad 0-9 Alternative snap view controls (may be reassigned in options to other keys/buttons)" - my computer doesn't have an RWin key, but I think its the Windows properties key ... looks like a ladder with an mouse arrow on it!