Panavia Tornado by Polychop-Simulations?

phant

Is this even confirmed yet or we still guessing?

1+

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we all still don't know Polychop's mystery helicopter, but we're still all clamoring for the Tornado.

... Not that I'm any different, a Tonka would be awesome, but still it amuses me.

I think it is because the Tornado is a specific aircraft which makes it easier to talk about than an unkown helicopter.

I need this for blue flag reasons

You're not the only one. It would rock in Blue Flag! :joystick:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think it is because the Tornado is a specific aircraft which makes it easier to talk about that an unkown helicopter.

On that note I found a little snip of information on the "Red wing" face book "the guys that are making the NH90" they made a quick Q&A.

"The Tiger helos has part of your project or has a MOD to video propose?

Yes, the Tiger in the video was moded for video purpose, i think there is someone else working on this project."

I think it is because the Tornado is a specific aircraft which makes it easier to talk about that an unkown helicopter.

On that note I found a little snip of information on the "Red wing" face book "the guys that are making the NH90" they made a quick Q&A.

RED WING Simulations

Hello Silver_Dragon, i'll try to answer to your question in order.

- The Tiger helos has part of your project or has a MOD to video propose?

Yes, the Tiger in the video was moded for video purpose, i think there is someone else working on this project.

RED WING Simulations

Hello Silver_Dragon, i'll try to answer to your question in order.

- The Tiger helos has part of your project or has a MOD to video propose?

Yes, the Tiger in the video was moded for video purpose, i think there is someone else working on this project.

Yes, the Tiger is among the discussed helos in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147373 ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

"The Tiger helos has part of your project or has a MOD to video propose?

Yes, the Tiger in the video was moded for video purpose, i think there is someone else working on this project."

I don't want a Tiger. It's an unextroardinary attack helicopter. I'd prefer a Tornado.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't want a Tiger. It's an unextroardinary attack helicopter. I'd prefer a Tornado.

A Multicrew Tornado would be a dream :-)

Mobiler Beitrag

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

• 1 month later...
I would actualy be most happy with a Cold War Tornado (IDS/GR.1). I think it is the historically most significant variant.

No it's not. GR.1 operated in Desert Storm and Bosnia AFAIK. But GR.4 was in Kosovo, Afghanistan, Irak, Libya...

Maybe an early GR.4, without Storm Shadow or Brimstones, could be a fantastic choice and a good balance between "moderness", unclassified material, and historic relevance.

Regards

P.S-> This thread deserved being pushed up! :D

• 1 month later...

Well i've found the Music for whoever decides to go for a Tornado Module :thumbup:

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Interestingly this guy has loads of these revamped tunes from Di's Tornado would be great if he lets people download them, they sound great....its like going back 23 years.....

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

No it's not. GR.1 operated in Desert Storm and Bosnia AFAIK. But GR.4 was in Kosovo, Afghanistan, Irak, Libya...

That certainly depends on one's definition of historical significance.

E.g. was it more significant to have been one of the few low-level strike types for which the Warsaw Pact had to develop new fighters with proper look-down/shoot-down capabilities to be able to intercept them? Or is it to cruise at medium heights and drop guided ordnance on the more or less defenseless opponents, a role which could have been performed (more or less successfully) by many other aircraft types? You know, hang the TGP and the appropriate weapons and there's little difference between them in practice as the type's inherent capabilities are not really important here.

I mean, it's the same plane, yes, but personally I see much more potential in the Cold War gone hot fictional scenarios than reenactment of the actual conflicts, especially the post Cold War ones which I couldn't care less about. Plus the fond memories of flying night NOE missions in DI's Tornado I'd love to relive in DCS.

Thus, I'd also REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope for the IDS/GR1 variant.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

E.g. was it more significant to have been one of the few low-level strike bombers for which the Warsaw Pact had to develop new fighters with proper look-down/shoot-down capabilities to be able to intercept them? Or is it to cruise at medium heights and drop guided ordnance on the more or less defenseless opponents, a role which could have (more or less) been performed by many other aircraft types?

Naturally, it's a rather subjective topic, for sure. Since I for one have little to no interest in the variants involved and especially the conflicts of the post-Cold War period, I'd also vote for the IDS/GR1.

+1

E.g. was it more significant to have been one of the few low-level strike bombers for which the Warsaw Pact had to develop new fighters with proper look-down/shoot-down capabilities to be able to intercept them? Or is it to cruise at medium heights and drop guided ordnance on the more or less defenseless opponents, a role which could have (more or less) been performed by many other aircraft types?

Naturally, it's a rather subjective topic, for sure. Since I for one have little to no interest in the variants involved and especially the conflicts of the post-Cold War period, I'd also vote for the IDS/GR1.

I mean, it's the same plane, yes, but I see much more potential in the Cold War gone hot fictional scenarios than reenacting actual conflicts.

Indeed, I just was about to say something similar.

I think the historic significance of the Tornado lies especially in it's Cold War service as a low level deep interdiction and nuclear strike aircraft and not that much in its later medium altitude precision strike role, even though it only flew real missions in the latter role (except some costly airfield strikes in Desert Storm).

Tornado3 small.jpg