Will 1.2 mission files work in 2.0?

foofee

When the Caucasus map is modified to work in 2.0 will the mission files created for 1.2/1.5 work in 2.0?

This is all speculation:

It is interesting question as if the DCS 2.0 will require the map structure to be changed, like the roads and buildings etc. It can very well render every waypoint that is set on roads etc to be incompatible.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There's a discussion on possibility on porting things, AFAIK it's been done but you need to edit the misison file and manually set NTTR coordinates for all units.

Theres a number of other things that don't work due to SE changes/breaks and knock ons to community scripting so YMMV.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

There's a discussion on possibility on porting things, AFAIK it's been done but you need to edit the misison file and manually set NTTR coordinates for all units.

Theres a number of other things that don't work due to SE changes/breaks and knock ons to community scripting so YMMV.

Where has it been done? Outside of ED, NTTR only exists in 2.0 and the Caucasus does not. What did someone port?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I don't think it would be too much to ask ED to provide a simple, stand-alone, conversion utility. Input 1.2 miz file, output 2.0 miz file. If it's just a matter of converting locations from one coordinate system to another I'm sure ED knows the necessary mathematical transformation function.

I think you guys are confusing converting a mission in the Caucuses to a mission on NTTR with a mission made in 1.2 to 2.0. I doubt anything major will occur that breaks existing missions once the Caucuses gets updated. Worst case scenario is you have to resave the file.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum