F10 map we can draw over it.

Stratos

My request is for a F10 view map we can write over it, just like a virtual paper map the player carry on the cockpit and can use to mark the features needed for the mission. The possibility to write over that map during mission building, pre mission and during the mission itself will be a amazing addition. Specially for helicopter and attack pilots, you will be able to draw over the map suspected enemy positions, SAM locations, mark objective areas, define killboxes, entry and exit corridors... So much info you can put with some lines, that I think it will be a different world. Imagine flying a mission on a A10, you can see on the map the killbox you have to patrol, then while flying you found a enemy group and you mark it on the map so you have located, on another location you find a SA9, so you mark it in a way is easier for you to avoid... On the excellent simulator Steel Beasts they have a perfect representation of what I'm requesting here, just take a look of some examples:

Map_zpsnlgyezqk.jpg

SS_17_00_57_zpsyhgx6fju.jpg

full-1799-38363-sbpropecm_2012_07_23_11_20_24_65_zpsfnfpmlrq.jpg

objective-midway_zps6zecqj7e.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by Stratos
Added a new pic
  • Like 8

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

The recon/jtac etc could draw in multiplayer in real time. It would be helpful!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yes excellent idea! Definitely some rep is in order for you! It would be great to have this in the mission editor as well as in real time - it would also be great if this could be applied to trigger zones too :thumbup:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Definitely +1. It would be even better if we could have a drawable map permanently displayed on a secondary monitor. It's a shame the full potential of secondary monitors and touchscreens isn't utilised.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Yup. I'm super sick of jpegs making up the our only means of mission briefings in MP. It is totally inadequate when you can write missions that generate 100% dynamic tasking. And that is ignoring the whole unable to create your own routes thing.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

+1 also another time.

It coul be good to have png layers (with trasparency), so that you could write into a couple of real-time layers (red for red coalition and blue for blue coalition) and some fixed layer that you could write and save into the mission editor or import from an external file. Those fixed layer could (should?) be turnable on & off by trigger.

That is my dream.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Great idea!

You got me thinking... I wonder if there's a way to have an iPad synced with the game and displaying the map, you could then "draw" on the iPad... Like a virtual knee pad but with the actual F10 map.

Just a thought. :)

Nah - ipads are too expensive - an android one would be okay, though :P

Actually, you can do this already - just use a screenshot of the map on another device. Open it in your graphics/paint editor and draw away to your heart's content. Then refer whilst flying.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

This is one of those litttle ideas that add so much to imersive experience.

+1

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

It would be wise to add filters (based on user's name), whose writings we want to see as they may be morons who would write anything, especially nothing related to the battle.

Generally it is good idea, but I don't think it would come faster than 2017 ;)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Maybe drawing on "kneeboard" would be more realistic, right?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

It would be wise to add filters (based on user's name), whose writings we want to see as they may be morons who would write anything, especially nothing related to the battle.

Generally it is good idea, but I don't think it would come faster than 2017 ;)

I'm not sure it's sensible to try and sync the drawings between all players on a server, partly for the reason you mention but also it's unrealistic (in that IRL you might just have a paper map/kneeboard that you write on, no auto-syncing electronic map) and it would take much longer to implement.

For now, I'd be happy if ED gave us a separate program to run on our secondary monitors that contained the maps and allowed us to draw on them, or maybe it could just receive the map from DCS. That would leave out single-screen users though, unless they could alt-tab between DCS and the map but it could be that the easiest/fastest way to provide it to everyone is to incorporate it in DCS for single-screen users and have a separate program for dual-screen users.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

For real time writings I agree for the kneeboard. For planned writings I'm not. At the moment it's almost impossible to have a proper map planning for tactical commanders or observers, that may work also as ATS. Defining and monitoring a controlled airspace with boxes, routes, etc it's almost impossible at the moment unless using external sofware like LoATC.

The ability to "preload" a layer in F10 map coalition sensible could be fantastic for real time actions and also for mission design.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.