1.5.2 Freezes

methosXX

Within 30 minutes of testing 1.5.2 I have encountered multiple freezes where my game stops responding (15+ sec before I kill it). My method of initial performance testing is usually to join a multiplayer server (e.g. aerobatics server) and start watching other players in f2 while moving the camera and looking for fps drops.

Since 1.5.2 I have noticed a correlation between network lag and fps. If the player I'm watching starts lagging/warping, my fps drop and in extreme cases (3 instances in 30 min) my game freezes.

I have yet to do some flying in the current version. Maybe someone can post their findings of freezes and whether they occur in single player as well.

Sidenote: On my System (i7 3770k, gtx 680, 16GB, ssd) I have encountered almost no crashes since the initial 1.5 release (no dx11 backend crash) except for crashes I believe are related to memory leaks (after 2+ hours of flying/hosting coop server).

Edit: Attached my logs folder for DCS openbeta. Unfortunately there are no crash dumps for freezes, but maybe the logs shed some light.

Logs.zip

Edited by methosXX

I was finally able to do some flying (KA-50 in multiplayer) and encountered another freeze after ~20 minutes. Before the freeze I could observe my fps drop from ~50 to 6 within 1-2 seconds, then the game stopped responding (waited 1-2 min before closing).

Attaching my dcs.log, there was no crash dump.

dcs.log.txt

Hello, same problem for me.

In 1.5.2 after a few minutes it freeze....and game stopped responding.

In 2.0 unable no even to achieve the cockpit....and game stopped responding.

My PC: I5-4690/ R9 380 DDR5 / 16 Gb DDR3

Hope you may help me, thank you.

dcs.rar

Edited by SadMan

Hello, same problem for me.

In 1.5.2 after a few minutes it freeze....and game stopped responding.

In 2.0 unable no even to achieve the cockpit....and game stopped responding.

My PC: I5-4690/ R9 380 DDR5 / 16 Gb DDR3

Hope you may help me, thank you.

R9 380 users have to use older AMD driver .dll files in order to make DCS 1.5.x/2.0.x work, see this post

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2555868&postcount=25

just extract the two .dll files from the attachment in that post and place into bin folder of DCS World.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same issue here, same symptoms : after 2 to 20 min flying Mig21 in multiplayer, the game freezes. I'm not able to tell what action causes this crash.

I don't think it's a hardware issue, because a bunch of guys have the same issue and they run on different machines.

The freeze occurs when there is more than x players online. 0 players -> ok

Edited by olidz