AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our plans are for an early access by Q1 2017

Sometimes (as with the M2000C) we don't show it all until we have to..

As for gauges not working and the lack of a HUD, we are currently squashing bugs in the M2000C, but we got all the info ready, in fact, i'm pretty sure the cockpit will be ready before the external shape actually is!

:shocking:

Well, looks like I really underestimated you guys. :music_whistling:

Hats off to your awesome work! :thumbup:

Was still worth it, because now we have a date :D

(And yes, I'm aware that this is no guarantee and can change of course :))

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

RAZBAM Team,

Some fantastic looking progress shots so far, can't wait for this one, especially as I'm loving the M2C much more than I thought I would.

Any word on how the DCS flight model is coping with the V/STOL challenges with the Harrier vs FSX? The short videos you posted looked good from what I could see so I'm hoping it's going to be pretty accurate?

Cheers

James

Yeah, making single player missions is SOOOO hard! Unless RAZBAM do it no one else could possibly write a single player mission for themselves could they! :music_whistling:

Or fly in a coordinated clan/multiplayer setting :music_whistling: ;)
Because everyone has flawless internet connections, access to a dozen of voice actors, a number of beta testers, hundreds of hours to put in creating a working campaign, training missions, and documentation.

Look at all the SP content and campaigns modules like the F-5E and the MiG-21 have. Oh wait, they don't or they don't work. This is not to say those are great modules, it's just that RAZBAM is the first one that is releasing a module with a good SP component behind it, instead of relying on the community to create content. But I guess that's beneath you.

Ok.

Edited by Gliptal

Because everyone has flawless internet connections, access to a dozen of voice actors, a number of beta testers, hundreds of hours to put in creating a working campaign, training missions, and documentation.

Look at all the SP content and campaigns modules like the F-5E and the MiG-21 have. Oh wait, they don't or they don't work. This is not to say those are great modules, it's just that RAZBAM is the first one that is releasing a module with a good SP component behind it, instead of relying on the community to create content. But I guess that's beneath you.

Ok.

Completely wrong mate, on every level. MiG-21Bis campaign has worked for me upon release, and when I flew it last time somewhere in early 2016. Worked like a charm. (Not sure why you are having problems, report it?). In addition to the standard campaign that came with the module, you also got the pretty good one Guardians of Caucasus.

F-5E i haven`t flown, but then it`s got released just recently, give them time.

As for missions overall, well, if you cannot create, don`t want to download other`s mission, or can`t do MP (some better servers), then well, what can you do? You are kind of locking yourself away. Sorry mate, nothing I can do about. Change your attitude, and things will work out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think we will see much free sp missions for the new planes in the future ... there will be more maps and so more possibilities. And you can make some money with selling a good campaign as dlc (I think this is fair , it speeds up releasing schedules for planes and gives some creative mission makers a chance )

What we will see are bundles of plane+map+campaign like it was done with the A-10c+NTTR+red flag, or what leatherneck plans to do.

But enough of it - this thread is about the Tool not the job ;)

Completely wrong mate, on every level. MiG-21Bis campaign has worked for me upon release, and when I flew it last time somewhere in early 2016. Worked like a charm. (Not sure why you are having problems, report it?). In addition to the standard campaign that came with the module, you also got the pretty good one Guardians of Caucasus.

F-5E i haven`t flown, but then it`s got released just recently, give them time.

As for missions overall, well, if you cannot create, don`t want to download other`s mission, or can`t do MP (some better servers), then well, what can you do? You are kind of locking yourself away. Sorry mate, nothing I can do about. Change your attitude, and things will work out.

Well I'm sorry about the MiG-21, last time I checked it wasn't working.

What I meant is that the campaign is very good and immediately caters to SP players, instead of pushing the module with future plans of adding campaigns, or waiting for the community to create content.

Besides, the amount of work required to create good 10+ missions long, fully voiced and documented campaigns isn't approachable by normal users, not if you want it coming free with the module itself. Most high-production value campaigns are additional payed DLCs.

If you're content in MP and single unrelated SP missions fine, but the fact that RAZBAM is coming out of the box with such content shouldn't be understated. And again, not "everyone" can create high-quality missions, let alone entire campaigns, unless your idea of a high-quality mission is throwing a bunch of air units and spawning the player in an airport with no guidance or story.

Different views, but you not being interested in well done out of the box officially supported SP does not make it irrelevant in the purchase decisions of others.

Well I'm sorry about the MiG-21, last time I checked it wasn't working.

What I meant is that the campaign is very good and immediately caters to SP players, instead of pushing the module with future plans of adding campaigns, or waiting for the community to create content.

Besides, the amount of work required to create good 10+ missions long, fully voiced and documented campaigns isn't approachable by normal users, not if you want it coming free with the module itself. Most high-production value campaigns are additional payed DLCs.

If you're content in MP and single unrelated SP missions fine, but the fact that RAZBAM is coming out of the box with such content shouldn't be understated. And again, not "everyone" can create high-quality missions, let alone entire campaigns, unless your idea of a high-quality mission is throwing a bunch of air units and spawning the player in an airport with no guidance or story.

Different views, but you not being interested in well done out of the box officially supported SP does not make it irrelevant in the purchase decisions of others.

Where did I exactly state that I`m not interested in dev-made SP campaigns?

I mentioned what options you had, among which was creating missions. Pointless if you are alone, as creating a mission makes you so acquainted with it that you`ll know it before you even take off. If you want missions on a basic level, use the random mission generator. Simple, and little briefing, but grants random events, as well as opposition. Those you don`t have to create yourself, and it`s simple and fast.

As for the rest, it`s just how sims are made. You cannot make big missions by yourself in 5 minutes. There really is not much to do about. There is a possibility of a random Campaign generator (like BMS has), but reality is here and now. And as of know, I already told you what options you got. Like it or not, doesn`t change anything.

I`m out. Have fun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

lets put this back on topic

" AV-8B Harrier Thread "

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

razbam uploaded new screenshots of cockpit at facebook again.

it looks nice... i decided to buy it ASAP.

15168869_1169507439802559_7375642194323971710_o.jpg

but... his all instruments is not working.

it is evidence that development AV-8B will take many time. :(

That is not good enough. Substandard compared to fully priced ED products. Look at the canopy parts. I can count the polies on the cylinder. this has to be WAY rounder. Look at the F86 for example how it is done correctly.f

• Like 1

• ED Team

Some people can be over critical about w.i.p images, I try to ignore them as best I can and focus on the positive and the great work being done.

I am looking forward to the harrier, it will be one of my most used modules when released :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am looking forward to the harrier, it will be one of my most used modules when released :)

Yup...:thumbup:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Some people can be over critical about w.i.p images, I try to ignore them as best I can and focus on the positive and the great work being done.

Some people don't know what W.I.P. means...

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
Why did you delete my whole post? Half of it was about the Harrier.

That is why, and I sent you a PM if you wish to discuss it please reply to my PM not here

1.3 Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please use the Private Messaging (PM) system to appeal the action to other forum staff members or the forum administrator.