AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

it was supposed to be released in Early Access at the end of 2016 and this has been confirmed just about 2 months before the end of the year. Only a few weeks before the end of 2016 the news arrived that it has to be delayed to 2017, so there shouldn't be much left to do now for an Early Access release.

But lets not go OT here as the subject here is the Harrier. You can ask me by PM or comment in the Hornet thread ;)

Has something to do with the harrier- release ;) Aber danke :thumbup:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camera in the nose is the DMT (as stated by robmlufc) and is used to pick up laser designations from whatever source Sniper, ground forces. It can also lock onto targets using the video feed from it using contrast edge definition, not as accurate but it worked. :thumbup:

Intel i7-8086K, 32Gb DDR4, RTX2080 with VR

Hh so in the end the variant was changed from the UK Harrier Gr7/9 to the Av8B?

they are pretty similar, but are we getting 2 separate variants down the line or just the USMC version.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hh so in the end the variant was changed from the UK Harrier Gr7/9 to the Av8B?

they are pretty similar, but are we getting 2 separate variants down the line or just the USMC version.

Right now, they are working on the AV-8B (NA) Harrier II. In the future, after the F-18 is completed and data for its radar is released, they plan to revisit for an AV-8B+ Harrier II.

Originally, the plan was for a GR.7 to be followed up by a GR.9, however due to certain information not being available on the British version, this was changed. If they can get the additional information they need, they said they will consider doing the British harriers as well, but as of now, the only thing that is properly planned is the AV-8B(NA) and AV-8B+.

Awesome shots, thank you Prowler. :thumbup: I like the Harriers pit.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right now, they are working on the AV-8B (NA) Harrier II. In the future, after the F-18 is completed and data for its radar is released, they plan to revisit for an AV-8B+ Harrier II.

Originally, the plan was for a GR.7 to be followed up by a GR.9, however due to certain information not being available on the British version, this was changed. If they can get the additional information they need, they said they will consider doing the British harriers as well, but as of now, the only thing that is properly planned is the AV-8B(NA) and AV-8B+.

Hopefully I can supply Prowler with enough info for the GR7, GR9 might be a little tricker but I am working on it :thumbup:

Intel i7-8086K, 32Gb DDR4, RTX2080 with VR

It's classified information that's the problem, not publicly available research.

yeah i noticed the trend. it seems US offers the most transparency when it comes to military stuff, and/ or the length of time keeping information classified

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Screen_170203_164656_zpsu1nh74mc.jpgScreen_170203_164656_zpsu1nh74mc.jpg

Screen_170203_164648_zpsojzgk0x2.jpg

Screen_170203_164641_zpssbeeac1t.jpg

coming along well :thumbup:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

It's classified information that's the problem, not publicly available research.

That's where military contracts come in...

using mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

With older British stuff it's not so much classified as 'unconfirmed'. The MOD has a tradition of not commenting on stuff related to the military.

For example; you can ask them if a certain system was present in the English Electric Lightning and they will offer no comment on it, but you can just pop down to an aviation museum with a Lightning and see the system and figure out how it works.

But equally there are more modern things that may be present on later model Tornado's and Harrier's that are legitimately classified. At that point it's not what you know but who you know!

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

With older British stuff it's not so much classified as 'unconfirmed'. The MOD has a tradition of not commenting on stuff related to the military.

For example; you can ask them if a certain system was present in the English Electric Lightning and they will offer no comment on it, but you can just pop down to an aviation museum with a Lightning and see the system and figure out how it works.

But equally there are more modern things that may be present on later model Tornado's and Harrier's that are legitimately classified. At that point it's not what you know but who you know!

Classified items will not be disclosed by anybody in the know since the legal risks are high. Also, they are also aware that there are lives in play with these systems especially when dealing with defensive systems.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

yeah i noticed the trend. it seems US offers the most transparency when it comes to military stuff, and/ or the length of time keeping information classified

Probably due to the rate of development, US seems to have the money and technical know how to update quicker. Hence they can declassify "old" tech sooner.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog