AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

defo going to purchase this puppy, really looking forward to its release.

many thanks

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Q1 2017 for EA on the list or must you shift it?

Well seeing that Q1 ends in less than 2 weeks, I'm pretty positive this won't happen. ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Well seeing that Q1 ends in less than 2 weeks, I'm pretty positive this won't happen. ;)

If we are going to play the guessing game, i would say late Q2 for a rough early access or Q3 for early access "about the same as the m2k when it was out" or late Q4 for near feature complete.

And i will take any of those.

If i am not wrong the FARP does work now "if the aircraft is ON the FARP", but getting there over grass or the huge slope breaks your gear.

So basically the system does work, if that same system can be attached to a "truck" for example, or if need be a static but flat object. should not be That hard to do.

Cant you just utilise the Helipads that are at FARP's?

FARPs are special. You need to be touching them, then you have access to the resource manager and ammo/fuel inside it. As long as it's a working FARP a Harrier should be able to vertically land on it and rearm.

HOWEVER....and its a massive however. You need to take off again, with full fuel and weapons. AFAIK thats a STOL requirement. So you are gonna end up down the slope and thats where it all goes ugly.

IIRC helipads are part of the FARP. its all one object.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

FARPs are special. You need to be touching them, then you have access to the resource manager and ammo/fuel inside it. As long as it's a working FARP a Harrier should be able to vertically land on it and rearm.

HOWEVER....and its a massive however. You need to take off again, with full fuel and weapons. AFAIK thats a STOL requirement. So you are gonna end up down the slope and thats where it all goes ugly.

I don't think it'll be a problem :)

(Skip to 2:20)

SFC Tako has a number of vids of aircraft getting on and off FARPS. The Mig-15 one at 7:07 to ~12:00 is worth the watch too.

Couldn't you cut back on the fuel?

If you can find suitably flat areas (especially next to roads for say an AJS37 :) ), stringing three FARPs together might negate the need for an AV8B to roll off the FARP, onto a road for example. As long as the three FARPs don't have steps/bumps where they overlap, it might have enough length for an AV8B STOL take off after refueling/rearming.

threeFARPs.thumb.jpg.de8d33752fa65572fb6d84ad5d78b996.jpg

I was playing about making harrier type FARPs [in max then exporting them] a few years back but couldn't get them to work.. ie helicopters couldn't rearm,refuel and repair.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Looking great guys! Wasn't a big fan of the Harrier but you guys sure do make it look good!

Agree, I didn't like the Mirage until I bought it. Now I use it instead of the FC3 fighters :thumbup:.

I didn't like the Harrier until I saw this pictures and I'm sure I will buy it.

We're not into Q1 of the financial year yet. That start 1st April, we're currently in Q4 of 2016/17.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Q1? Normandy and Assets will be released in late May, after that we don't really know. But I don't expect a presale of the Harrier until at least the end of summer. There is a pretty packed schedule, not only with new maps, explosions, merges and what not. But also with Mi-24P Hind, P-40F, Polychop Bo-105, Su-33 / Carrier ops, Tomcat, F-18 Hornet etc.

Rule of thumb is at least two months of presale with trailers and screenshots, and only one product at the time. A lot of exciting content ahead :) So just sit back and grab a cold beer, the Harrier will come when Razbam feels it is ready for early access and ED has room in their release schedule.

Q1? But I don't expect a presale of the Harrier until at least the end of summer. There is a pretty packed schedule, not only with new maps, explosions, merges and what not. But also with Mi-24P Hind, P-40F, Polychop Bo-105, Su-33 / Carrier ops, Tomcat, F-18 Hornet etc. Rule of thumb is at least two months of presale with trailers and screenshots, and only one product at the time.

I agree especially with how each product must be released by itself, but we just don't know enough on the other products to conclude when anything can come out. I haven't heard anything about the Hind but I think we still got a while until the Tomcat and P-40, and who knows when the mystical F-18 will ever show up. Then again RAZBAM could already possibly have a release date agreed with ED (if that is how it works). Just way to much speculation this year with all the modules that should be released in the coming months.

I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE... JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Q1? Normandy and Assets will be released in late May, after that we don't really know. But I don't expect a presale of the Harrier until at least the end of summer. There is a pretty packed schedule, not only with new maps, explosions, merges and what not. But also with Mi-24P Hind, P-40F, Polychop Bo-105, Su-33 / Carrier ops, Tomcat, F-18 Hornet etc.

Rule of thumb is at least two months of presale with trailers and screenshots, and only one product at the time. A lot of exciting content ahead :) So just sit back and grab a cold beer, the Harrier will come when Razbam feels it is ready for early access and ED has room in their release schedule.

There are no known schedules on any of those, and some like the Mi24 are probably still a very long time out.

Windmill hit the nail on the head.

The Harrier has a firm deadline that RAZBAM is aiming for, which is rather unusual for a DCS aircraft as far as I know (see my sig). The actual date is under a non-disclosure agreement for (gasp!) non-disclosed reasons... I think.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

We're not into Q1 of the financial year yet. That start 1st April, we're currently in Q4 of 2016/17.

While this may be the case where you live it is certainly not true for a lot of other countries in the world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

So in light of that we should probably stick to the calender year here. :)

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

It took me a week but at last I managed to make these work: FLIR White Hot and Black Hot modes.

A usual with these problems it was just one tiny number the root of all my problems.

17504558_1295594297193872_3550685603733764862_o.jpg?oh=0ecd1f09144d4d06287dc1f0fd087270&oe=59535151&__gda__=1499814838_bbec53628faf4404f4b8e4f72b0aa842

17436246_1295594430527192_4841354305954799351_o.jpg?oh=be79f2645ef38a756703ae10c6f1e5e8&oe=59692204&__gda__=1498366928_d0c79759a577a8e820d2a47de6f8e9ca

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Great Work. But to implement the TGP picture in only one week, isn't much at all, or?

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]