AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it is reaching an early access stage then it's been bloody quick, given that recent interview with Matt and the length of time to develop modern modules!

I'm happy to doubt it and even happier to be wrong, but it's worth noting we have seen increases in development time across the board in the last 3-4 years. Razbam undoubtedly have a lot fo their headstart from their existing industry experience and available documentation on the beast, which is not a small thing. :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

watched this video today:

interesstingly nobody mentioned it here, but there are frames in it from the loading screen picture and it isnt the AV-8B N/A its a GR7 if i´m not mistaken. look at the 3:59min mark. so is this a tease that we are getting the Gr7?

EDIT: at youtube they state it has somethng to do with capturing the video....didnt believe that! :-D

Edited by 1stBEAST

The GR7/9 is a long way yet. They need more information do for it.

on ma mobile

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I was looking at the pictures posted on RAZBAM facebook page and I was wondering if you guys are going to work a bit more on the designator screen (the green one), I know it's W.I.P but don't get me wrong, I find it too simple, basically just a green filter and nothing more. The Hornet screens on other hand, it feels much more realistic. Any word on the topic Larry or Ron?

I'm not complaining, I just wanted more info on it.

Cheers.

20431417_1421244861295481_2846435813592507668_n.jpg?oh=5765590c2ade0ec71e5ab83ffce3f31e&oe=59F18DDE

Edited by Vitormouraa

I was looking at the pictures posted on RAZBAM facebook page and I was wondering if you guys are going to work a bit more on the designator screen (the green one), I know it's W.I.P but don't get me wrong, I find it too simple, basically just a green filter and nothing more. The Hornet screens on other day, it feels much more realistic. Any word on the topic Larry or Ron?

I'm not complaining, I just wanted more info on it.

Cheers.

20431417_1421244861295481_2846435813592507668_n.jpg?oh=5765590c2ade0ec71e5ab83ffce3f31e&oe=59F18DDE

I think the image is also a bit blurry from those DMT camera sensors. they dont appear to have as high resolution image as a Lightening 2 on the A10C. ( nor should it) given its older imagining tech.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Any info about ECM blisters? How does it work?

Usually, the "how does ECM work" part is heavily classified. So basically, you switch it on, ECM does its "classified magic" and hopefully prevents a lock... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I think the image is also a bit blurry from those DMT camera sensors. they dont appear to have as high resolution image as a Lightening 2 on the A10C. ( nor should it) given its older imagining tech.

I think what he means is that it looks too much like a modern LCD screen with a perfect green image, rather than the slightly warped/interleaved image presented from a cathode-ray tube.

IDK if the AV-8B used a CRT or LCD. But I agree with him that something seems off.

Edit: IDK if this is the same model or not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFeTlIiFpPo. But it does look like a CRT. You can see that the images presented do not take up the entire screen. Some unused space exists between the green light and the edge of the screen

Edited by Beamscanner

So, I know this isn't exactly the version we are getting, but this is an incredible video. I found it extremely entertaining, and it's a way to get the hype up.

Embedding the video is causing an error for some reason, even when I do it the correct way, so you get a link for now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here

So, I know this isn't exactly the version we are getting, but this is an incredible video. I found it extremely entertaining, and it's a way to get the hype up.

-ZETxfN3fsk

For the link you posted, leave only the red text in between the YouTube handles and it will work.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

They are wrong, as is pilot size and ejection seat type ...

Wait...when were all pilots(humans) the same size in this world?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

No, they are not.

av-8b-harrier-ii_005-ts600.jpg

av-8b-harrier-ii_002-ts600.jpg

Its not the same in flight or in a transitional flight. They are mobile.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4