Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, OMG, OMG... (drooling all over the place). :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Looking good!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Ok, question time.

With the DMT, TPOD, and all the other sensors onboard the aircraft seemingly not integrated to such a degree as the A-10, what is the process for finding, designating, and attacking a target with a JDAM or Paveway for example? I am confused how the TPOD integrates with the rest of the avionics

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

Ok, question time.

With the DMT, TPOD, and all the other sensors onboard the aircraft seemingly not integrated to such a degree as the A-10, what is the process for finding, designating, and attacking a target with a JDAM or Paveway for example? I am confused how the TPOD integrates with the rest of the avionics

Wait, did i miss something? I would expect avionics to be modeled to DCS-module level. How do you know that sensors are not fully modeled and integrated - that would be a huge downside…

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Wait, did i miss something? I would expect avionics to be modeled to DCS-module level. How do you know that sensors are not fully modeled and integrated - that would be a huge downside…

He is not talking about the module quality, but the aircrafg itself.

Some pages ago on this thread Prowler went into details about how the targeting worked. It was something along the lines of: Find a target with the TPOD to get target location and then use the onboard systems to slew to said location to actually designate the target for weapons release.

In contrast you can simply find and designate your target in the A-10C through you Targetting pod, hence the word "integrated".

Go find Prowlers posts on the subject for more clarification. I'm on mobile so it is rather cumbersome for me to search... sorry

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I'm asking about the workflow for the pilot, the Harrier's systems have been described earlier in the thread as more advanced than the A-10Cs, and a whole lot different. All of these complex targeting systems will be faithfully reproduced, which is what I am asking about since operating the Harrier in combat will be a whole different ballgame to the A-10

I'm torn.

I was going to hold out on this in hope Razbam can get some more info and do a Gr.7.

But when I see videos like this, I can't help but think I'm going to just get the AV-8B because I know I'm going to enjoy it.

As a Brit I am a die hard Gr. fan, but equally I plan on buying any and all Harrier versions Razbam releases because...well...its a Harrier! :thumbup:

I'm asking about the workflow for the pilot, the Harrier's systems have been described earlier in the thread as more advanced than the A-10Cs, and a whole lot different. All of these complex targeting systems will be faithfully reproduced, which is what I am asking about since operating the Harrier in combat will be a whole different ballgame to the A-10

I don't think so, and I don't remember reading this.

The AV-8B Harrier II is a late 80' early 90' upgraded through the years.

Generally these kind of upgrades improve capacities in some key areas, but newer systems aren't always perfectly integrated into weapon system.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I don't think so, and I don't remember reading this.

The AV-8B Harrier II is a late 80' early 90' upgraded through the years.

Generally these kind of upgrades improve capacities in some key areas, but newer systems aren't always perfectly integrated into weapon system.

In terms of the DMT I'd consider that to be hugely more advanced than the A-10C, assuming no TGP can be used. However that wasn't really my point, what I was asking was what the process for designating and engaging a target with these advanced, albeit barely integrated systems