AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

Any idea why the rkt pipper seams so off? I saw a few comments about it on youtube with no reply.
I'm pretty sure he fired the first two before he was in range, if you watch the pipper it does the same thing the A-10C does when you get in range.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure he fired the first two before he was in range, if you watch the pipper it does the same thing the A-10C does when you get in range.

Yeah the first 2 were early but the following passes had the pipper cue cycling down. And as far as the nozzle position, isn't that only causing a speed change which would be factored into the ccip solution? Just curious

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Yeah the first 2 were early but the following passes had the pipper cue cycling down. And as far as the nozzle position, isn't that only causing a speed change which would be factored into the ccip solution? Just curious
Dunno but I'm almost certain you wouldn't use the nozzles like that in an attack run, wouldn't you want as much speed as possible to pull out of the dive?

Im very worried about HUD and his visibility. Its again very badly visible like in the Mirage :( I hope this will be fixed when Harrier arrives in DCS.

This is why they have HDD for the HUD, because of the sun in real life. Seems to be a Navy and Marine Thing, both the Hornet and Harrier have it. The F-15C/16 don't have one I believe.

This is why they have HDD for the HUD, because of the sun in real life. Seems to be a Navy and Marine Thing, both the Hornet and Harrier have it. The F-15C/16 don't have one I believe.

HDD for HUD ? What is it ?

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Aha :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Dunno but I'm almost certain you wouldn't use the nozzles like that in an attack run, wouldn't you want as much speed as possible to pull out of the dive?

I agree, though I'm not sure why weasel did it then?

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

D model F-16 have it for the back seat

The VIDEO SEL switch, located just right of the right MFD, may be used for selection of the video to be displayed on the right MFD. In the NORMAL position, the right MFD will duplicate the forward cockpit’s right MFD display. In the HUD position, the right MFD will display CTVS video of the HUD and real world beyond the HUD. This feature gives the aft cockpit the ability to monitor the forward cockpit’s HUD.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The HUD repeater is basically a HUD backup in case the HUD for any reason is unavailable.

In the specific case of the AV-8B NA, the HUD repeater can also show NAVFLIR image.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Absolutly superb screenshots. Thank you!

• Like 1

Who else thinks of this movie with the second to last screenshot ;)

Good training exercise for hovering. Las Vegas will never be the same.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I don't think that this is a game issue. The issue is that they're in a sunny desert with sunlight going directly into the HUD glass. IRL the HUD projection is going to be very difficult to view under such circumstances, and this is demonstrated in game.

Try lowering your helmet's shaded visor, and that will help, or adjust graphics settings to turn down gamma should help as well.

Try flying a mission just after dark and you'll see what I mean, the HUD will be much more visible.

Lower your helmet visor????

Can we now do that in sim? If so that’s stunning, but no idea how I’ve missed it.

Please tell me we can do this with the Harrier. I have to say while I’m not a fixed wing guy, I am very very excited about this module and I’m determined to learn it fully and correctly. Most modules I fly a handful of times before heading back to rotary.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Lower your helmet visor????

Can we now do that in sim? If so that’s stunning, but no idea how I’ve missed it.

Please tell me we can do this with the Harrier.

Cowboy10uk

You could lower the visor in the MiG-21 by clicking on the bottom of the HUD. Not sure if it still works in the module today as I haven't flown it for a while.

This is the first time I've heard it mentioned that you can do it in the Harrier module. Nice touch if you can though.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

You can lower the helmet visor in the M-2000C with Alt+Pos1 I believe. Since the Mirage is made by RAZBAM I guess we will see the same function for their Harrier as well.

However I'm not sure if the helmet visor is animated on the external view in EA or if this function is available later on.

Edited by Texac

You could lower the visor in the MiG-21 by clicking on the bottom of the HUD. Not sure if it still works in the module today as I haven't flown it for a while.

This is the first time I've heard it mentioned that you can do it in the Harrier module. Nice touch if you can though.

You can lower the helmet visor in the M-2000C with Alt+Pos1 I believe. Since the Mirage is made by RAZBAM I guess we will see the same function for their Harrier as well.

However I'm not sure if the helmet visor is animated on the external view in EA or if this function is available later on.

Cheers guys, much appreciated. I do own both those modules but as stated I don’t normally fly fixed wing very often. Will go and have a play later today. :D

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: