TouchBuddy Experience

Just wanted to send a post regarding my experience with Touch Buddy. First of all I do not work nor do I receive any payment from the developer. I am simply a simmer like most of you and have found something new that adds to the realism of flight sims. So much so that I purchased an 8in. touch screen off ebay, d/l the free TB sw. Like so many new things that come along, I became very excited about the TB idea. It kinda reminds me of a modern day MasterPilot. I have a MasterPilot but never got the bloody thing to work! I did have some initial problems with my touch screen and getting it calibrated and set up. But I received some great help from the folks at TB. They really came through. It paid off and now I have a touch screen that utilized the TB sw and it runs very well. Making my flight sim experience even better. I have not used it with any other flight sim other than Lock On. Hope to do that at some point. I wanted to endorse TouchBuddy and the great bunch of guys over there. I hope your experience will be as good as mine. See you in the skies. THANKS TOUCHBUDDY!!

SailorDoc

SailorDoc

ASRock Dual Series Mobo

AMD 4600 Dual Core

OCZ 2gig 3200 DDR II

ATI 9800 Pro 256mb video

ViewSonic A90f monitor

8in. Touch Screen w/TouchBuddy

Cougar HOTAS

CH Pro Pedals

Guest Hell Sqn Protos

S~!

Sweet!

A couple of us in the Sqn are looking at this as well. What panel did you buy and how much ?

HSP,

I picked up a TM868 off of ebay. I think w/ shipping and handling it came to around $170. It has a native resolution of 640x480 though it can go higher. Initially, when I loaded a profile not all the buttons would show up on my ts. So I changed the native resolution to the resolution of the profiles (800x600). All the buttons show up perfectly and are legible. Zorlac is hopefully coming out with an update to TB that will allow you to scale the profiles to whatever your native resolution may be. I would say get in asap. I have a feeling he is going to get to the point where he is soooo busy that one on one help, like I received will be very hard to come by. Though several people were involved in getting me set up and running. Hurry up time is a wastin!! If I can be of assistance, let me know.

SailorDoc1

(formally SailorDoc)

SailorDoc

ASRock Dual Series Mobo

AMD 4600 Dual Core

OCZ 2gig 3200 DDR II

ATI 9800 Pro 256mb video

ViewSonic A90f monitor

8in. Touch Screen w/TouchBuddy

Cougar HOTAS

CH Pro Pedals