Holidays are coming!

HerrFledermaus

Hi all,

since I'm a noob to DCS I kind of waited for version 2. Now the alpha is here and the holidays are coming. I really do want to buy something but the 'special offer' page is empty.

1. Is it worth waiting for special offers or is the promotional stuff not l inked to holidays?

2. I love World War 2 settings. Is there a dedicated page where I can follow up on the Normandy and other WWII related progress?

kind regards,

Herr Fledermaus

No one knows when they offer sales, they do tend to run them from time to time though.

As far as WWII, best is the DCS WWII 1944 Project Discussion section on this forum.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No matter which one you choose, I think DCS 2.0 will be out of reach and you will have to stay with 1.2.16.

Have you considered looking for second hand components? I don't know where you live or anything, but where I live it's pretty easy to get decent second hand components for almost half the price of a new component. Maybe if you considered that, then you could afford to upgrade motherboard, cpu, ram and graphics card?

Hi all,

since I'm a noob to DCS I kind of waited for version 2. Now the alpha is here and the holidays are coming. I really do want to buy something but the 'special offer' page is empty.

1. Is it worth waiting for special offers or is the promotional stuff not l inked to holidays?

2. I love World War 2 settings. Is there a dedicated page where I can follow up on the Normandy and other WWII related progress?

kind regards,

Herr Fledermaus

Sales are pretty frequent but the Christmas sale hasn't started yet. It'll probably start around the 20th or so. I recommend buying all the ones you want then because apparently the prices are expected to increase. :'(

Like said above, the sub-forum for the WW2 project is your best bet.

Also the newsletter has information every once in a while, so if you aren't already subscribe to that. They have a new issue every Friday around 9:30am CST/-6 GMT.

No matter which one you choose, I think DCS 2.0 will be out of reach and you will have to stay with 1.2.16.

Have you considered looking for second hand components? I don't know where you live or anything, but where I live it's pretty easy to get decent second hand components for almost half the price of a new component. Maybe if you considered that, then you could afford to upgrade motherboard, cpu, ram and graphics card?

I.. I don't think he was asking about hardware lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Mi-8MTV2 | MiG-21 | M-2000C | F-86F | P-51D | BS2 | UH-1H | FC3 | CA 1.5 | A-10C |

i7 2700k --EVGA GTX970 --16Gb RAM --Seiki 39" 4K --Saitek X-55 Rhino --Saitek Pro Flight Pedals --TrackIR 5 --Win10 x64