Grass' pit, "Ridgewood"

agrasyuk

it looks like it is actually happening...
I've been working on a bit of a side sim project for a few months now. actually on a huge project... perhaps even the Ultimate sim project.
At the moment I am on a trip to Texas, getting to see it in person - T-38B trainer. The plan is to make this plane into a dual-seat F-5E simulator. some of you might be following the progress on FJP discord. if all goes right I will be part of the team that gets to work on it. I get to design and build the visuals and the avionics

2v2aVkdprxUHnUD.jpg

I get to measure things in preparation. plywood is not going to cut it for this project, I'm gathering my senses to work with sheet alum.

2v2aVkdmNxUHnUD.jpg

Edited by agrasyuk
  • Like 3

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

On 2/3/2022 at 3:18 PM, agrasyuk said:

Thank you for the comment @Viper1970. Don't sell yourself short though, you are making some great stuff. 

Here is a fresher picture for you 🙂

2v2aS1qyNxUHnUD.jpg

I'm taking a short break from building  to learn how this contraption I built flies and finally get some enjoyment from it . Joined a virtual squadron of a-10c drivers and doing some training. I'm the number #3 on that screenshot. Somehow managed to hold it steady long enough for the lead to snap this picture . Almost looks like I can formation 😄

Your pit is done so well, I will never reach this kind of perfection. Looks like a very big "side project" you startet. Can you share the discord link. I'm very interested in it 🙂

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

4 hours ago, Deadman said:

agrasyuk do you have a link to the discord channel? nothing came up on a search Thanks

12 hours ago, Viper1970 said:

Can you share the discord link. I'm very interested in it 🙂

FJP - Fast Jet Performance. https://www.fastjetperformance.com/
the only way to join however is via his Patreon. it's a paid membership server.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

😔 sad! Maybe you can post some photos from time to time if you are allowed.

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

Ah yes one must pay for things but VAT for purchase made from outside the UK nope. and a bit price as well but hey thanks for the link

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 1 month later...

Amazing thread about your stunning build! I love the “before and after” pics 2012/2022. All this work takes a lot of time and real dedication.

• Thanks 1

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/6/2022 at 4:46 PM, agrasyuk said:

aside of stopwatch and Standby ADI everything is  now functional.

Scratch that, functional stopwatch and SADI. need to make a Knob and a cover for the wires.
2v2aNykroxUHnUD.jpg

I got invited to a cool virtual squadron. learning how to employ this thing.

2v2aNykqvxUHnUD.jpg

Edited by agrasyuk
  • Like 3

Anton.

My pit build thread .

built a center console and mounted Stream deck. now it should be much easier to work discord during the missions + get's me some quality of life.
2v2arwDtrxUHnUD.jpg

DZUS panel mount enclosure for the Deck

2v2arwDYjxUHnUD.jpg

The squadron uses encrypted Comms for the most part so I banged up a KY58 panel. waiting for paint to dry before the next layer, then engrave. While I was on that side I built the "enable thrust reverser" panel. it's 2022 I'm sure the newer planes come equipped with USB chargers 🙂

2v2arwD78xUHnUD.jpg

• Like 1

Anton.

My pit build thread .

On 3/30/2022 at 1:37 PM, agrasyuk said:

March 2012 and today.

2vr6GEdqxUHnUD.jpg

2v2aS1qyNxUHnUD.jpg

Same TMWH?

On 4/25/2022 at 5:51 AM, agrasyuk said:

In action. 

LOL, she needs a booster seat and adjustable pedals... keep her at it.. looks like she enjoys it. 

• Like 1

Sempre Fortis

18 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

Same TMWH?

LOL, she needs a booster seat and adjustable pedals... keep her at it.. looks like she enjoys it. 

Same grip, yes. I did migrate to Virpil CM2 base - great improvement.

She enjoys sitting in it even when the thing is not on, lol. 
for ground steering I help her via keyboard. 

I'm open to suggestions from anyone on how to build an instructor station 🙂

Edited by agrasyuk

Anton.

My pit build thread .

On 7/14/2022 at 6:10 AM, Sting57 said:

So awesome. Are you using 2projectors? I am currently using a 65 inch tv.

Yep, 2 projectors.

TACAN! Anyone has a lead on ILS head by a chance?

as it happens the device came without the tiny bulbs. I wanted green lighting anyways so I rigged 3mm LEDs into the housings. 

2v2arStSjxUHnUD.jpg

2v2arSthqxUHnUD.jpg

2v2arStV8xUHnUD.jpg

Edited by agrasyuk
  • Like 1

Anton.

My pit build thread .

On 7/13/2022 at 7:37 PM, agrasyuk said:

She enjoys sitting in it even when the thing is not on, lol. 

I can imagine! My daughter also likes sitting in my DIY VR setup and that's basically just a seat with a few HOT/CAS controllers around it. Nothing compared to your cockpit.

Awesome pit mate! Must be a blast flying in that thing.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Bucic, my biggest effort right now is trying to put myself back together. this spring-summer was a very strange time in my life. I didn't turn on the flight PC for about 4 months.
I think I'm over myself and slowly getting back, even flew a training session with my virtual squadron  🙂 

As for the project I can share this little bit:

2v2eikpgVxUHnUD.jpg

• Like 3

Anton.

My pit build thread .

@agrasyukAh, yes, the 'myself' is the most important assembly 😉 In this day and age a 2-week lack of self awareness on own state of mind or personal matters may slide into a costly situation. All the best to you!

I'm kind of lost in your threads since they span 6 years or so and I've just discovered them. I've noticed you used a laser print on paper laminated in office lamination pouches for panel letterings. Have you tried matt ones (matte???) insted of the regular shiny ones? I think they might look better but that's just my hunch. Do you still rely on laminated panels or have you moved to another process?