Slmod for DCS 1.5/2.0

Yeah we have the same problem Grimes (Spammed chat message about kicking)

I think it happens when the script tries to kicks the client before the client has actually fully loaded in to the server. This leaves the client in a sort of limbo and they are just stuck on the loading screen and the "104th_Maverick is getting kicked for high ping" messages just repeats over and over again until they End DCS process in Task Manager.

I've also noticed that if a client gets kicked for a high ping by the script, if he rejoins straight away and loads in quickly enough he seems to bypass the ping check and can then stay in the server until manually removed by an admin.

Apart from these issues the script has been working great and is hugely appreciated by our server team, it really is helping keep stability to a maximum, thanks for the effort that went in to it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Attached is a quick patch for testing purposes. I changed the ping check code a bit again. I kept the overall premise the same as the initial change but I've now got the ping check status in the same table as the slmod.clients list. Also added an initial timeout on the ping checker. This will allow players to join before it kicks in. It is a 5 minute grace period or when they first join a slot, after that the ping gets checked.

Also made a small change that will hopefully clean up the chat log a little bit. It'll clean up anything that would have the same message repeated about 200 times.

Made a boo-boo, fixed in new attached file.

Slmodv_ping_checker_test.rar

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yes? But Servman was never updated to the new API. I chatted briefly with Panzer about it, but he disappeared so nothing came of it. By the looks of things they had two voting types...

vote for mission where people voted yes/no for a specific mission and if the ratio was above a specified value it went to the mission

vote poll which looks like you could nominate a mission and then vote for that.

Yes? But Servman was never updated to the new API. I chatted briefly with Panzer about it, but he disappeared so nothing came of it. By the looks of things they had two voting types...

vote for mission where people voted yes/no for a specific mission and if the ratio was above a specified value it went to the mission

vote poll which looks like you could nominate a mission and then vote for that.

Yes that's right. I was just thinking of how the voting worked in ServMan, not the coding :noexpression:

I've got the vote stuff mostly implemented. Working my way through testing it out trying to find bugs, changes to the messages, and what not. Should push the changes to github within the next day. Aside for the vote code I've got two stats related fixes/changes. Proper stats for multi-crewed aircraft and gun stat changes.

While I haven't had a proper chance to test it yet, by the looks of all the code I'd take an educated guess that stats for players in multi-crewed aircraft don't get added to both players. So I've got one idea to fix it, but it also throws a wrench into the new forgive/punish commands. Though to be fair I may have forgotten how it would handle if two different players TK'd the same person in a short timespan.

The other thing is the guns and to a lesser extent cluster bombs. Basically shooting start/end events tell you the name of the gun that shot. Hit events give you the shell. For one reason or another the weapon description table for an aircraft tells you its shell types but not the gun name. My old hacked together fix basically had a lookup table for both shells and gun names to pair them up. Thus all gun stats were labeled as "guns" in one category for everything. As modules got released it requires me to go in and add the gun information in order for the stats to work. I'd prefer not to do it like that anymore. Cluster bombs are in a similar situation because bomblets show up as hits/kills usually.

So there is a question for the gun stats, possibly could even be configured...

Want it all as "guns" "gun name" or "Aircraft guns"?

guns = everytime you shoot in A-10C, A-V8B, etc all added up

gun name = technical gun name like GSh-30-1

aircraft guns = A-10C guns

Pulled the trigger and pushed all the updates I've done the last week or so to the develop branch. Meant to get it out before 2.5 hit, but had that as a nice distraction.

NEW CONFIG FILE CHANGES. YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE YOUR CONFIGS!!!!

-Added mission voting

-Added punish command for TKs

-Added forgive command for TKs

-Fixed chat logger for cleaner chat logs.

-Ping check changes/fixes

Voting should be considered WIP and if you have any issues with it please let me know. It is WIP in that I've tested it a ton, but there may be some oddities and it is missing some notification text. For instance notifications on MOTD that voting is enabled. Also I forgot to add handling for an option or two. For example with voteConfig.display_mode and voteConfig.allowIfAdminPresent. I forgot to write code for allowIfAdminPresent and the display may do chat by default on some entries.

I've tried to explain the vote rules in as simple terms as possible in the config file, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Basically whats left on my todo list is figure our some changes to the gun stats, multicrew aircraft, and double checking everything.

Thanks for all the work on SLmod, Grimes.

With the SLmod from the development branch on a fresh install, this is the error displayed. The zip attachment has the log and config files.

attachment.php?attachmentid=178080&stc=1&d=1517874854

What do I need to do to fix this? Am I missing a path, too, in the config.lua?

1288875270_SLmodErrorHolloPointe20180205.jpg.3227b6a02c111d41a38af9d420eedbe9.jpg

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Run the game as administrator. It doesn't have enough permissions to write the file

15.004  SLMOD WARNING: ./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua is not up to date.  Installing new ./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua.
15.005  SLMOD ERROR: Unable to open ./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua for writing, reason: can't open "./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua" for 'w'

Running as Administrator fixed it.

Question - when I run '-admin load', in some missions the mission list is returned as text, but most of the time the mission list is given in the chat window. How can I force it to be text?

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Question - when I run '-admin load', in some missions the mission list is returned as text, but most of the time the mission list is given in the chat window. How can I force it to be text?

If you're in the cockpit when you issue the -admin load command, the list will appear as text on the right side of the screen. If you are in Spectators, it will show up in the chat window.

• 2 weeks later...

After a short break I'm back at it.

I've pushed a fix that will hopefully get gun stats tidied up a bit. This is a little different than what it previously did. It now stores guns by type, and will hopefully be future proofed for additions and changes to the sim. Previously it required me to do me to create a lookup table for each shell and gun type.

Also initial fixes for multicrew support should be in there. Its untested since you can't spawn an aircraft in the 2nd seat and I need a body to test it out. But slmod messages should appear to the player with this change. I'll work on stats later.

After a short break I'm back at it.

I've pushed a fix that will hopefully get gun stats tidied up a bit. This is a little different than what it previously did. It now stores guns by type, and will hopefully be future proofed for additions and changes to the sim. Previously it required me to do me to create a lookup table for each shell and gun type.

Also initial fixes for multicrew support should be in there. Its untested since you can't spawn an aircraft in the 2nd seat and I need a body to test it out. But slmod messages should appear to the player with this change. I'll work on stats later.

If you need a back seat to test it out. Let me know I'm around all day

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I evidently forgot to copy the gameGUI file so that the slmodVote code would actually be loaded. Whoops.

Anyways the initial multi-crew change looks to be working for stuff like commands, so now I just need to adapt it so the stats will correctly track.

• 1 month later...

Good Day everyone.

Question? The question is about admin status and the ability of admins restarting mission through the chat window. I'm running Simod with 2.5 Openbeta and have found that members that are when admin restarts mission the mission will restart ok but will not go move past the briefing screen making it pointless in restarting the mission through simod via admin status.

In order for the mission to actually restart I have to either physically be on the server machine or through teamviewer to select briefing and then fly in order to bring the mission up. :doh:

It's most likely of me not understanding how it all works or something I don't have setup properly in the server itself. Am I missing something at all when it comes to missions been restart automatically anytime the server is restarted by an admin using -admin restart or -admin load.

Thanks for your help in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may be unrelated to SLMOD. See this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204704

That may be related to your issue.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

It may be unrelated to SLMOD. See this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204704

That may be related to your issue.

Hey thank sure for the reply. But I’m not sure this is the same as the issue I’m having so I’m unsure why this may be the issue. From what I’ve read on it I don’t see it. I can leave the server running for days with no issues with people leaving and joining anytime. The issue is when the mission is restarted through Slmod. It restarts with no issue but does not launch automatically. It reloads but only to the briefing screen. That’s it.

Ive also tried loading another mission through the command and have seen the same results of only loading to the briefing screeen and no further. Thereby making me physically

Sorry if I was unclear.

Mark

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good Day everyone.

Question? The question is about admin status and the ability of admins restarting mission through the chat window. I'm running Simod with 2.5 Openbeta and have found that members that are when admin restarts mission the mission will restart ok but will not go move past the briefing screen making it pointless in restarting the mission through simod via admin status.

In order for the mission to actually restart I have to either physically be on the server machine or through teamviewer to select briefing and then fly in order to bring the mission up. :doh:

It's most likely of me not understanding how it all works or something I don't have setup properly in the server itself. Am I missing something at all when it comes to missions been restart automatically anytime the server is restarted by an admin using -admin restart or -admin load.

Thanks for your help in advance.

There are a manual that still is OK I believe. Download the .pdf

https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod

• 1 month later...
Hey thank sure for the reply. But I’m not sure this is the same as the issue I’m having so I’m unsure why this may be the issue. From what I’ve read on it I don’t see it. I can leave the server running for days with no issues with people leaving and joining anytime. The issue is when the mission is restarted through Slmod. It restarts with no issue but does not launch automatically. It reloads but only to the briefing screen. That’s it.

Ive also tried loading another mission through the command and have seen the same results of only loading to the briefing screeen and no further. Thereby making me physically

Sorry if I was unclear.

Mark

FWIW, I have the same issue. Well, I had it before 2.5.1 now I can't get slmod to install (won't create the slmod folder).

The workaround was to have everyone disconnect and rejoin the server.

If you get that fixed please do circle back. I'm continuing to try to get it to run.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 1 month later...