Slmod for DCS 1.5/2.0

Quick question. To save time for our group and any client wishing to change missions on our servers, I would like to post a thread on our discord that has a mission list with what mission is referenced to -load #. I already have a completed description of each mission and what it entails but would like to post the list so once in the chat and they enter -admin load menu they do not have to search for the mission and it’s reference number. 
any ideas on where I could get that info. 

Thanks 

wood 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It iterates the mission folder and looks for any file name that ends in .miz. With a quick test it appears to be in alphabetical order but it might be possible to be unreliable because it isn't doing any sorting on its own. It is completely relying on the order lfs.dir lists files in. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

11 hours ago, Grimes said:

It iterates the mission folder and looks for any file name that ends in .miz. With a quick test it appears to be in alphabetical order but it might be possible to be unreliable because it isn't doing any sorting on its own. It is completely relying on the order lfs.dir lists files in. 

Thank you for the reply and info. I’ll look into that. 

Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Launch the game as administrator. Slmod modifies install\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua and if that modification doesn't take place then that error will occur. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/tree/develop
Hotfix for DCS 2.7.11.

Unsure of backwards compatibility but might be ok. 

• Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Grimes said:

https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/tree/develop
Hotfix for DCS 2.7.11.

Unsure of backwards compatibility but might be ok. 

Is it just a matter of replacing the existing scripts folder with the one in this zip file? 

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

@Grimes I take it these errors are due to second seat people in AH-64D's ?

2022-03-19 15:15:37.625 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 784_2
2022-03-19 15:15:37.625 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 789_2
2022-03-19 15:15:37.625 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 785_2
2022-03-19 15:15:39.631 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 784_2
2022-03-19 15:15:39.631 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 789_2
2022-03-19 15:15:39.631 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 785_2
2022-03-19 15:15:41.640 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 784_2
2022-03-19 15:15:41.640 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 789_2
2022-03-19 15:15:41.640 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 785_2
2022-03-19 15:15:43.642 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 784_2
2022-03-19 15:15:43.642 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 789_2
2022-03-19 15:15:43.642 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 785_2
2022-03-19 15:15:45.644 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 784_2
2022-03-19 15:15:45.644 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 789_2
2022-03-19 15:15:45.644 INFO    LuaNET: SSB - Unable to get group name for slot 785_2

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

7 hours ago, HC_Official said:

I take it these errors are due to second seat people in AH-64D's ?

Yeah probably. But also that is simple slot block and not slmod. As far as I can tell slmod is correctly recording CP/G stats for the Apache. 

@Grimes would it be possible in future to have SLmod's load menu be able to handle subfolders? We have a large collection that makes for quite the scroll when we hit up -admin load, so some extra organizational support would help.

Imagining the following in the configured SLmod missions folder:
-FolderA
--MissionA1
-FolderB
--MissionB1
-Mission1

Perhaps -admin load could would output the following (not listing all files recursively):
To browse folder "FolderA" type -admin load F1
To browse folder "FolderB" type -admin load F2
To load mission "Mission1" type -admin load 1

And then if the user runs -admin load F1, they would get:
To load mission "MissionA1" type -admin load 1

Thanks!

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

On 3/22/2022 at 9:01 PM, Wesjet said:

@Grimes would it be possible in future to have SLmod's load menu be able to handle subfolders? We have a large collection that makes for quite the scroll when we hit up -admin load, so some extra organizational support would help.

Yeah should be doable. After a quick look at the load function it might make more sense to make a new command for listing the folders, which you select and then it goes in and list the missions with the same load command. So something like: -admin folders    -admin f1   -admin load1. Would see if a 2nd input could be done to directly load a folder if you know the name. 

4 hours ago, thornx said:

Hi. Ist it possible to call slmod tables from the .miz file? Like slmod.clients or the stats table?

No they are not available within the mission lua environment. You can add custom stats entries via  slmod.customStat but that is all. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just getting started in the world of servers, dedicated servers and such.  I have a question on using slmod.  I'm sure it is something simpleing I am missing.

I am trying to setup people as admins in the ServerAdmins.lua file.  I understand that it requires the UCID.  I think I can get those from the chat logs.  I tried editing the ServerAdmins.lua file to add the UCIDs as text fields (enclosed in double quotes and coma separated).  However, that didn't seem to work.  I also did NOT restart the server after editing the file.  So three questions.

1) Can I get the UCIDs from the chat logs,

2) is Admins =  {"d------------------15", "7------------------------b", "4-----------------------------------f" } the correct format.

3) do I need to restart the server after I make the changes?

ServerAdmins.lua

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

1. Best place to get UCIDs are from the stats file. You can also setup a password that an admin can use to register themselves as an admin on the server or use a chat command as an admin to add another player. "-admin add <player name>" typed into chat from any admin will add that player. 

2. A format use throughout slmod for this sort of thing is basically:

Admins = 
{
    ["sahsjkadhjasduiasufhiosf"] = "Me", 
    ["jafogopjakjop4235krj2kl4j23"] = "myFriend", 
} -- end of Admins

It is done this way because it is much faster to access for lua. 

3. The admin list is reloading on mission change, so you can just update it that way instead of restarting. It basically loads that file, gets the data, and then closes it for further edits. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Grimes.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Grimes,
I'm ruing slmod since years for "basic" functionality, I'm just trying now to pull out in realtime events form DCS when I just notice that SLMOD has native UDP send message functionality.
I put a client in listening mode on the 52146 UDP port but nothing received, even lot of events was generated on the server.

Did you know if this functions is still working or it's get broken over time/update?

Thanks!

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2022 at 3:21 PM, Shadeslayers09 said:

I have the SLmod on my server, it does the motd prompt when you join the server, but I can't seem to add me as the admin. I went in and manually added my ucid into the server admin lua but that did nothing. what am I doing wrong?

Did you edit the correct .lua file? the ServerAdmins.lua inside your working server environment folder?
Also remember to fully restart the server ( quit and start again )

Last thing....it can be a comma or something like that that you've missed.

In .lua I usually leave the comma also in the last line, like in the image below:

image.png:

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 2 months later...

@Grimes  I take it SLMOD is broken after todays patch ?

2022-10-28 17:19:48.952 INFO    LuaNET (4296): SLMOD ERROR: unable to retreive events from server environment, reason: [string "return slmod.getNextSlmodEvents()"]:1: attempt to call field 'getNextSlmodEvents' (a nil value)
2022-10-28 17:19:48.952 ERROR   LuaHooks (4296): [string "C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_ca\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_6/SlmodStats.lua"]:2400: attempt to compare nil with number
2022-10-28 17:19:49.537 INFO    LuaNET (4296): SLMOD WARNING: Unable to start active units database, slmod.activeUnitsBase does not exist.
2022-10-28 17:19:49.953 INFO    LuaNET (4296): SLMOD ERROR: unable to retreive events from server environment, reason: [string "return slmod.getNextSlmodEvents()"]:1: attempt to call field 'getNextSlmodEvents' (a nil value)
2022-10-28 17:19:49.953 ERROR   LuaHooks (4296): [string "C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_ca\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_6/SlmodStats.lua"]:2400: attempt to compare nil with number
2022-10-28 17:19:50.954 INFO    LuaNET (4296): SLMOD ERROR: unable to retreive events from server environment, reason: [string "return slmod.getNextSlmodEvents()"]:1: attempt to call field 'getNextSlmodEvents' (a nil value)
2022-10-28 17:19:50.955 ERROR   LuaHooks (4296): [string "C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_ca\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_6/SlmodStats.lua"]:2400: attempt to compare nil with number

Edited by HC_Official

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

3 hours ago, HC_Official said:

I take it SLMOD is broken after todays patch ?

I would need the full log to diagnose further. Ensure that missionScripting.lua is up to date? 
Is the new scripts integrity check on or off?