Slmod for DCS 1.5/2.0

been runing this for a few days now seems ok

this error is DCS error not slmod?

2020-10-01 20:15:55.103 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: beginning slmod.updateActiveUnits

2020-10-01 20:15:55.871 INFO Scripting: event:t=59764.557,type=pilot landing,initiatorMissionID=0,

2020-10-01 20:15:55.872 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error world.onEvent:[string "-- world events hook..."]:464: Unit doesn't exist

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[C]: in function 'getName'

[string "-- world events hook..."]:464: in function <[string "-- world events hook..."]:428>.

2020-10-01 20:15:56.106 INFO Scripting: event:type=takeoff,initiatorPilotName=AirWalK,place=Senaki-Kolkhi,t=59764.787,placeDisplayName=Senaki-Kolkhi,initiatorMissionID=2446,

2020-10-01 20:15:58.431 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: beginning slmod.updateActiveUnits

2020-10-01 20:15:59.007 INFO NET: client[11] is ready to start

2020-10-01 20:15:59.007 INFO NET: spawning client[11]

2020-10-01 20:15:59.116 INFO NET: client[11] started

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Bit of both to be honest. On the DCS side it is a weird event because the initiator is usually nil. On the slmod side of things I believe I had fixed it with this revision: https://github.com/mrSkortch/DCS-SLmod/commit/6dc3f39e86d5938aa9b57783c441c8f30e50d43e

Just had to add some better error checking for if initiator exists and what type of object it is. Anything with build 135 and above should have it fixed. The error itself doesn't create that big of an impact. It'll just be missing if you output the events table.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help and tell me what exactly settings in config.lua to have auto-kick, auto-ban (team hits/kills) functional? Suddenly not works.

Also some stats commands i can call and see but not all... a bit confused if it collecting stats at all.

Thanks!

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Can anyone help and tell me what exactly settings in config.lua to have auto-kick, auto-ban (team hits/kills) functional? Suddenly not works.

Also some stats commands i can call and see but not all... a bit confused if it collecting stats at all.

If its not working check dcs.log and make sure slmod is loading fully and isn't spamming errors. Easiest way to know if it is adding to the stats is to look at the file or check your stats, remember what some entry was saved as, go do stuff, and see if the numbers changed. Also could enable mission stats, it'll be everything that the stats recorded for a given mission, if its not blank the it is working.

It is all in the autoAdmin table section.

autoAdmin.autoBanEnabled, autoAdmin.autoKickEnabled, and autoAdmin.autoSpecEnabled set to true if you want it on.

The next important bit of the setup are the levels, starting with:

autoAdmin.autoBanLevel = 89

Its the point value that if a player gets above then that action will be executed on their next offense.

It gets a bit more complicated in the penalty type rules starting at for each penalty type based on the values in autoAdmin.flightHoursWeightFunction and each penalty type's decay function.

autoAdmin.teamHit.decayFunction = {
   [1] = {time = 0, weight = 1, },
   [2] = {time = 3, weight = 0.75, },
   [3] = {time = 30, weight = 0.25, },
   [4] = {time = 60, weight = 0, },
}

The simple explanation is that slmod stores the time when a penalty occurred. Based on the number of days since a given penalty it will modify the actual score. Say you hit a human player which gives 12 penalty points. After 3 days that value will be at 75% of the initial value (9) and after 30 days it'll be 3. The flightHoursWeightFunction applies the same rules, but acts as a multiplier that takes how long someone has flow in the server into account.

Thanks Grimes, going to check all. Will back with feedback.

EDIT: All work fine now. Thanks Grimes.

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gimes,

recently installed 7.6 (from dev branch) on a new server (being run in non-render mode).

No stats are being written into the slmodtsats.lua file.

also the SLMOD log file is throwing up these errors:

23.232 SLMOD WARNING: Key not found: "host"
23.232 SLMOD WARNING: Writing valie: table: 00000254423E8700
23.232 SLMOD ERROR: Invalue stats table specified!

any ideas what might be the culprit?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Need to know the exact version you are running. On Friday I didn't test a fix fully (rev 138), which I then hotfixed on Sunday (rev 139). Build 139 should be ok. If it has issues you can always go back to the previous build of 137 from the end of September.

Need to know the exact version you are running. On Friday I didn't test a fix fully (rev 138), which I then hotfixed on Sunday (rev 139). Build 139 should be ok. If it has issues you can always go back to the previous build of 137 from the end of September.

Thanks, am not 100% sure what build it was. just rolled back to v75 for now and that seems to be working.

I have another problem...

Sl-MoD is not working if installed to an openbeta copy of DCS. The saved games folder names end with the following:

C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

Seems that throws Sl_mod's ability to find all its constituent parts

It doesn't matter what the saved games folder is named. As long as the slmod files are in the correct location it will work. Best guess is you aren't running the server as admin and slmod can't modify the missionscripting.lua file. Would need to see logs to get an idea of what is happening.

• 2 weeks later...

seeing this a lot in log

2020-11-16 22:26:10.372 DEBUG LuaGUI: onSimulationFrame [string "C:\Users\jesus_christ\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_6/SlmodStats.lua"]:1643: attempt to get length of local 'allHits' (a nil value)

2020-11-16 22:26:11.211 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: beginning slmod.updateActiveUnits

Update slmod. Had fixed something related to that 3 weeks ago. Make sure you are on build 140.

thanks will do, do you think you could edit page one of this thread to indicate which is the latest SLMOD build to use? and or maybe your sig as well

Just so people can know which version is current one to get, might save you some time answering posts like the one I made

I leave most of that to github since its less of a pain to maintain there. I try to at least mention changes made with each commit. Just gotta know which branch you are on and check the dates of when it was last updated. Only reason I knew you hadn't updated recently was because the line number for the error didn't match the file.

Or master. Depends on what you are comfortable using. The update from 7_5 to 7_6 was quite substantial and had a few growing pains, but it appears to be stable lately. Not sure when I'll merge the develop branch into master.

7_6 dev report

LuaGUI: onSimulationFrame [string "C:\Users\jesus_christ\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_sy\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_6/SlmodStats.lua"]:2125: attempt to index field 'oldClientsByName' (a nil value)

When does it happen?

How often does it happen?

Is there any line above it that has the following?

SLMOD INFO: checking X
SLMOD INFO: {event table here}

If unsure, send me a log file with the error. Preferably DCS.log.

that first happens when mission loads, not sure about rest of log yet

2020-11-19 00:02:43.613 INFO Dispatcher: loadMission Done: Сontrol passed to the player

2020-11-19 00:02:45.143 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.basicSerialize) function into export.

2020-11-19 00:02:45.144 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.serialize) function into export.

2020-11-19 00:02:45.144 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.oneLineSerialize) function into export.

2020-11-19 00:02:45.144 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.serializeWithCycles) function into export.

2020-11-19 00:02:45.145 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.deepcopy) function into export.

2020-11-19 00:02:45.146 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.tableshow) function into export.

2020-11-19 00:02:45.148 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: using banned ucids and/or ips as defined in C:\Users\jesus_christ\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_sy\Slmod\BannedClients.lua

2020-11-19 00:02:45.148 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: using server admins as defined in C:\Users\jesus_christ\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_sy\Slmod\ServerAdmins.lua

2020-11-19 00:02:45.148 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: load exempt clients

2020-11-19 00:02:45.148 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: using exempt ucids as defined in C:\Users\jesus_christ\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_sy\Slmod\ExemptClients.lua

2020-11-19 00:02:45.234 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded unitAttributes.

2020-11-19 00:02:45.316 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully completed slmod.getMissionUnitData()

2020-11-19 00:02:45.342 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: slmod.importMissionZones: zones successfully loaded to net environment.

2020-11-19 00:02:45.534 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: no misStats , loading from file: C:\Users\jesus_christ\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_sy\Slmod\Mission Stats\\Weapons_Training_Freeflight_sy_v1.02.256- Nov 18, 2020 at 21 49 27.lua

2020-11-19 00:02:45.554 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: weapons_impacting_code loaded successfully to server env

2020-11-19 00:02:45.554 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: using random seed 4165

2020-11-19 00:02:45.556 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: checking 1

2020-11-19 00:02:45.556 INFO LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: { ["group"] = "ccc", ["skill"] = "Random", ["mpname"] = "ccc", ["category"] = "vehicle", ["initiatorID"] = 16794625, ["initiatorMissionID"] = 393, ["type"] = "birth", ["initiator"] = "ccc", ["countryName"] = "algeria", ["stoptime"] = 10800, ["coalition"] = "neutral", ["objtype"] = "Infantry AK", ["name"] = "ccc", ["countryId"] = 70, ["unitId"] = 393, ["groupId"] = 309, ["t"] = 10800, ["numtimes"] = 1, }

2020-11-19 00:02:45.556 DEBUG LuaGUI: onSimulationFrame [string "C:\Users\jesus_christ\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_sy\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_6/SlmodStats.lua"]:2125: attempt to index field 'oldClientsByName' (a nil value)

2020-11-19 01:16:18.222 INFO NET: accepting connection from 79.248.171.9:52052

Doubt it occurs more than once after mission start. Its caused due to an event occurring before slmod creates the oldClientsByName table. The only thing that is likely to occur in that time frame are birth events and the stats code doesn't do any with the birth events anyway, so I'd characterize this as a minor bug and nothing to worry about. That is as long as its only occurring and only at mission start. If you see it with anything that isn't a birth event then there would be a real big problem.

Hey @Grimes

Slmod keeps overwriting the MissionScripting.lua, which is fine except I want to comment out the following lines:

--Stepanovich's code starts again below.
do
sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')
--sanitizeModule('lfs')
require = nil
loadlib = nil
end

but every time the server launches slmod reloads the MissionScripting.lua,

LuaNET: SLMOD WARNING: ./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua is not up to date. Installing new ./Scripts/MissionScripting.lua.

and the two sanitize lines are uncommented.

Slmodv7_6_137

DCS/2.5.6.57949

Make those modifications to the SlmodMissionScripting.lua found in Scripts/net/slmodv7_6 folder.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a copy of a BannedClients.lua which has been populated with one or more ucid or ips?

I would like to manually add some clients to a ban list, but I am unsure of the formatting.

Should be something like this where for nickname1 you have both ips and ucid in the list since it was done in game trough admin menu. nickname2 and 3 added manually later on ( remember you have to do with non running server or i think it will be replaced by the "cached" one on server close/reboot ( or at least I prefer to edit on dcs not running since I'm paranoiac sys admin.

slmod_banned_ips =
{
["00.000.000.000:50165"] =
{
["name"] = "Nickname1",
["bannedBy"] =
{
["name"] = "[bSE] Shaka",
["ucid"] = "myUCID_524cblablablablablabla",
}, -- end of ["bannedBy"]
["ucid"] = "Nickname1_UCID",
["time"] = 1549124236,
["ip"] = "00.000.000.000:50165",
}, -- end of ["00.000.000.000:50165"]
} -- end of slmod_banned_ips

slmod_banned_ucids =
{
["Nickname1_UCID"] =
{
["name"] = "Nickname1",
["bannedBy"] =
{
["ucid"] = "Nickname1_UCID",
["time"] = 1549124236,
["ip"] = "00.000.000.000:50165",
}, -- end of ["Nickname1_UCID"]

["Nickname2_UCID"] =
{
["name"] = "Nickname2",
["bannedBy"] =
{
["ucid"] = "Nickname2_UCID",
["time"] = 1549124236,
["ip"] = "00.00.00.000:54224",
}, -- end of ["Nickname2_UCID"]

["Nickname3_UCID"] =
{
["name"] = "Nickname3",
["bannedBy"] =
{
["ucid"] = "Nickname3_UCID",
["time"] = 1549124236,
["ip"] = "00.000.000.00:59422",
}, -- end of ["Nickname3_UCID"]

} -- end of slmod_banned_ucids

p.s. personal data removed and replaced to protect users even if they are banned :D

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!