Looking for a better monitor

Hi Everyone.

I currently have an Asus VE248H monitor. It is (according to Newegg) a76 HZ unit with 76 HZ Vertical and 83 Hz Horizontal refresh.

Can anyone suggest a monitor that will improve my visual display?

I have an Nividia 970 card with 4 m Vram by the way.

Many thanks

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

A lot depends on what you are willing to spend. You will get more useful advice if you indicate an upper limit or range on what you will spend. ASUS makes some good stuff so perhaps you should look to see what they offer currently and compare that to your budget.

Form factor and size are also questions that are relevant. I personally don't care for the Ultra-wide monitors that I have seen. They seem to lack the vertical size needed to make me comfortable, but then I am used to using a 40" TV.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I bought a 4K display recently, a B286HK which was only $320. It's actually a pretty good display for a TN panel. I value resolution much more than any other aspect of a display so it was a pretty good deal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

I'm going to wait to see what the reaction is to Oculus Rift. If it isn't quite ready, I think I'm going ultra wide.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I use the Asus PB328Q with GTX970. It seems pretty new, little is out in the way of reviews, and it's pricey. I was a bit nervous at throwing $500 at it, but it works pretty well.

It also helped me confirm a few things when it comes to flight simming:

Bigger is better - bigger screen allows me to see more of my cockpit and the outside world simultaneously. It saves me from having to look around and zoom all the time, which is a big advantage over a smaller screen.

Resolution is better - high resolution makes picking out and tracking targets much easier. I can see much further now than in 1080p. I don't even care that much about the enlarged model option in 2.0 at this point, the resolution upgrade seems to take care of it.

I think 40" might be the sweet spot a DCS monitor, although 32 isn't bad. I definitely disagree with some of the suggestions I got regarding 27" being a good balance, but then again this was not from people into DCS, etc.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

The best monitor choice today is going to be 4K/UHD. For flight sims the extra resolution is astonishing.

As long as you've got the means in your GPU to run one.

And that will be changing within 6 months when the next lineup of graphics cards launches, right now even the strongest GPUs are challenged too much by 4K. If you are considering spending a lot on a new display it might be worth the wait for the next generation of graphics cards as well.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Currently using a 40" @1080p. I would not go larger without going 4K, which, as said above, is a bit of a stretch, for DCS at least, with current hardware. My previous display was 27" @1440p and I do miss the better resolution.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

49" @1080p here. I personally need a good distance to it. I think it would be ~80cm then flying. Surfing the net or gaming normal i just relax back with ~120cm distance to the display. For me thats just the right distance i cannot anymore count pixels and having the smaller display to the right in sight too.

This thematic includes a lot of personal behaviour. I know people there my setup is simply to cinemalike. I guess anyone has to try a few things to get the best result for their own.

Ente

make sure you have the right graphic card for higher resolution...PC hardware can be a money pit. I personally use 27 inch with 1440. Ultrawide is preferred but then you also have to consider how well the monster represent color and such, the delay etc, go to this website for monitor.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews.htm

some of the w-led backlight monitors have washed out color..be careful. They look like crap.