My Screen Colors now only show 32 colors!

In the game or just in Windows. I noticed this morning that my desktop wallpaper of a Su25t looked funny. I could see lines going across the blue sky as it faded into the distance. Like my colors were set to low.

So, I checked the Display Settings and the colors are on 32bit High.

So, I downloaded the new 6.6 Catalyst drivers and that didn't help.

So, I restored from a backup 2 weeks ago that was fine, and that didn't fix it either.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem. I have no other graphics problems. Could it be the monitor? Could my ATI Radeon 9500pro/9700 have gone bad and just started only display Low Colors? I have a 8" touch screen also, and it's colors look just fine. Better than my primary display!!

Any help to point me to some answers would be appriciated! The card displays everything ok, just less colors. I hope I don't need a new card.

No. There was an ATI - Software Uninstall Utility in my Add/Remove Programs, so I just ran that in normal boot mode. It locked up for about 10 minutes half way through, so I just ended it. There driver was removed, but then I had to uninstalled the control panel myself. Rebooted and installed the new 6.6 Catalyst.

you have a 9500 pro modded to a 9700? Id blame the card for sure.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Well I wiggled the cables to my primary and touch screen and it didn't help. So, I unplugged them and swapped them to see if it was the monitor. But they both looked ok. But on the small touch screen I didn't think you could see it that much if it was still doing it.

So, I swapped them back and they both look fine now. It might have been the cables, or the board felt like it moved when I wiggled the cables.

But I was getting those jiggly waves like you see when you watch a pc monitor on a tv screen. Where you can see it paint the screen. It wasn't as bad as that, but I could definitly see it. That's gone too.

Maybe it was a loose cable/card. Maybe the card is going bad? While it's working I need to look for a new card. I planned on getting one someday, but better have something in mind in case this thing craps out.

Any graphics card suggestions? I haven't looked at the new ones for 6-8 months, so I'm not up to date...

Dell :doh: , that explains a lot :P .

Any improvements Bill? I had an old case that had a clip system, never ever held the cards in securely at all, ended up using "blue tak" (from UK) to keep it together (like putty/chewing gum type material). Having a card that has dodgey connections will certainly decrease it's life length.

As a current Dell owner (yes- go on-smack me) I can tell you that you likely have one HELL of a sorry power supply that will need to be replaced along with the card.

Sound simple? It's not. Take a look at your case- chances are that -out of the box-none of the replacement PSU's will fit behind the proprietary case. I had to find the supply with the correct fan orientation- and then remove the switch and splice the inside wires to get it to fit. The case has a shape that does not allow for a switch..

Exactly. You might me missing a color component (red green or blue) and this usually gets fixet by making sure the cable connection is ok and that the cable is not broken somewhere. If that fails try pluging in another monitor, and plug in yours into some other PC or graphics card.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.