Opentrack

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone has tried opentrack? I don't want to spend $270 (Canadian Dollars) on a head tracking tool. A bit too expensive for my taste. I found this on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/125FPS-FreeTrack-Camera-with-IR-LED-Track-Clip-Pro-is-compatible-to-TrackIR-5-WH-/151751230838 I was wondering if anyone tried this on ArmA and DCS? That specific model. If so how well does it work?

Thanks for your time, and help!

Happy Holidays!

I'm a sworn user of opentrack. Bought a used PS3 eye camera and built my own IR clip, cost me around $25.00 total. I currently only play DCS and IL2-BOS and opentrack works fine in both. Opentrack has come a long way and is continually updated by the programmer. I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

I'm a sworn user of opentrack. Bought a used PS3 eye camera and built my own IR clip, cost me around $25.00 total. I currently only play DCS and IL2-BOS and opentrack works fine in both. Opentrack has come a long way and is continually updated by the programmer. I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

So I guess its worth if if I am too lazy to make my own eh.

How does it compare to the TrackIR 5 if you used one?

there are other thread on the forum about that.

have a look on delanclip (google it or http://www.delanengineering.com/). I've got one with a second hand ps3 eye cam and opentrack and I'm really happy with it.

I can't anderstand what an official "Trackir" can do better ;-)

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried this?

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/wiki/Smartphone-Headtracking

And when building own IR clip, can u use cable too or how long do batteries last (which type of battery/batteries) ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

OpenTrack is brilliant. It is working perfectly. You don't need to create an IR clip you can create your clip with just normal LEDs (I used white LEDs) so in that way you don't need to mode your camera. You just need a kids broken glasses glass to darken camera picture. I don't use batteries. I have attached a USB cable. So no worries about power. This is my setup

attachment.php?attachmentid=132289&stc=1&d=1452086852

attachment.php?attachmentid=132290&stc=1&d=1452086852

IMG_20160106_181809.thumb.jpg.3c9cf13436c0346b240abeae11f73096.jpg

IMG_20160106_181923.thumb.jpg.0b1e0a8d616bd5307e55c569f9d31e1b.jpg

Edited by sniperwolfpk5

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I use DCS World on one PC and FC, BS1 and other sims on a second one and it's a pain having to move my TrackIR across every time, due to how I have it set up.

I have track clip pro that I never use and I'm hoping to combine it with an old Creative webcam for head tracking. I haven't considered open track and had already decided not to bother with face track noir and freetrack because they can be a pain to set up.

Have to give open track a good look.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I can send you my config if you're interested.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence