Requesting manual

deaddeepblue

Quick correction on the manual page 104 (pdf page 105), Super 530D is not a "beam rider" (a beam rider has sensors on the back of the missile and does not rely on reflected energy, example are: Vikhr, Grom, RS-2US) :P

Otherwise, very cool, I'm impatient to see the missing info.

Edited by PiedDroit

This is the draft of the manual that will be released with the Open Beta.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/er4gfj9lwfkymox/RAZBAM%20M-2000C%20Manual%20v%201.0.pdf?dl=0

Thanks! Great manual so far, and so exciting to read that now of course :)

If I can be so bold, I've reported a few typos below. I hope it helps, otherwise please just ignore it ;) I haven't read the whole document in detail and it's just on the first half or so, if I find the time and you're interested I can proofread the remaining part.

I'm a bit concerned about one thing, seeing "left-click to increase a value, right-click to decrease it" for a knob (I may be wrong!). I have recently noticed many inconsistencies in the A-10C controls, that are being fixed fortunately, and I've been shown this DCS specification. Has the cockpit been designed following the same rules?

---

(numbers are printed page numbers)

6. "It incorporated negative stability and fly-by-wire controls" -> "incorporates"

6. "single-seat" "two-seat", more correct form for vehicles (including planes) is "single-seater", "two-seater"

7. "The first 37 aircraft were [...]" repetition of this sentence a little further in the paragraph.

7 & 9. "litre", whereas this document is mostly US english, liter is used elsewhere.

15. "Two position switch" -> "Two-position"

"Two tones lights" -> "Two-tone"

"flow in Kg/min" -> "kg/min" (no upper case k)

16. "in Kilograms" -> "kilograms" (no upper case)

25, 28, 50, 51, 52, ... Many upper-case letters in the middle of sentences as in German, I suppose it's on purpose as reference to system components. Feels weird though.

28. "in "Kilograms" -> "kilograms"

30. "kilograms per minute Kg/mn" -> "kg/min"

31. "320 Kgs" -> "kg"

36. "when the pressure in system 2 fells" -> "falls"

38. "high Gs" -> "G's"

49. "800 Knots" -> "knots"

"knots' needle position" -> "position of the knot needle" / "knot needle's position"

74. "260 Knots" -> "knots"

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Thanks! Great manual so far, and so exciting to read that now of course :)

If I can be so bold, I've reported a few typos below. I hope it helps, otherwise please just ignore it ;) I haven't read the whole document in detail and it's just on the first half or so, if I find the time and you're interested I can proofread the remaining part.

I'm a bit concerned about one thing, seeing "left-click to increase a value, right-click to decrease it" for a knob (I may be wrong!). I have recently noticed many inconsistencies in the A-10C controls, that are being fixed fortunately, and I've been shown this DCS specification. Has the cockpit been designed following the same rules?

---

(numbers are printed page numbers)

6. "It incorporated negative stability and fly-by-wire controls" -> "incorporates"

6. "single-seat" "two-seat", more correct form for vehicles (including planes) is "single-seater", "two-seater"

7. "The first 37 aircraft were [...]" repetition of this sentence a little further in the paragraph.

7 & 9. "litre", whereas this document is mostly US english, liter is used elsewhere.

15. "Two position switch" -> "Two-position"

"Two tones lights" -> "Two-tone"

"flow in Kg/min" -> "kg/min" (no upper case k)

16. "in Kilograms" -> "kilograms" (no upper case)

25, 28, 50, 51, 52, ... Many upper-case letters in the middle of sentences as in German, I suppose it's on purpose as reference to system components. Feels weird though.

28. "in "Kilograms" -> "kilograms"

30. "kilograms per minute Kg/mn" -> "kg/min"

31. "320 Kgs" -> "kg"

36. "when the pressure in system 2 fells" -> "falls"

38. "high Gs" -> "G's"

49. "800 Knots" -> "knots"

"knots' needle position" -> "position of the knot needle" / "knot needle's position"

74. "260 Knots" -> "knots"

I was taught that in the SI system all prefixes above the base are written with capital letters and all prefixes below the base are written in minuscules, so you can differentiate which are multiples and which are fractions.

Hence D = Deca (10x) is different from d = deci (0.1x) or M = Mega (10^6x) is different from m = milli (0.001)

So,

D = Deca = 10x

H = Hecto = 100x

K = Kilo = 1000x

M = Mega = 100000x

Km = Kilometer

Kg = Kilogram

Kl = Kiloliter

mn, probably my fault since I followed the French nomenclature here.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I was taught that in the SI system all prefixes above the base are written with capital letters and all prefixes below the base are written in minuscules, so you can differentiate which are multiples and which are fractions.

Hence D = Deca (10x) is different from d = deci (0.1x) or M = Mega (10^6x) is different from m = milli (0.001)

So,

D = Deca = 10x

H = Hecto = 100x

K = Kilo = 1000x

M = Mega = 100000x

Km = Kilometer

Kg = Kilogram

Kl = Kiloliter

mn, probably my fault since I followed the French nomenclature here.

My reference is this one (check the SI prefixes tab), that's what we were taught all those long engineering years, but I realize there might be different conventions. I found both K and k in the manual, there can be only one ;) I'm being picky of course, everyone will understand reading either one of those.

prefixes.jpg.5c4ba3b5ebf56f6412ce1f41b18bb46b.jpg

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

There's a mistake in the Mirage 2000C Manual V1.0 on page 77. DCI stands for "Données Codées Inertielles", but it's written DCS instead (much love isn't it ?).

Then on page 105 about the CCIP procedure, point 9: "DO NOT release the bombs if the safe altitude cue intersect the FPM or is above it", I guess you wanted to say "DO NOT release the bombs if the safe altitude cue intersect the FPM or is below it". Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Then on page 105 about the CCIP procedure, point 9: "DO NOT release the bombs if the safe altitude cue intersect the FPM or is above it", I guess you wanted to say "DO NOT release the bombs if the safe altitude cue intersect the FPM or is below it". Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

I think this one's correct, the safe altitude cue is below and moves upwards when you decrease altitude.

It logically represents a safe level and you should stay above it (i.e. keep FPM above the safe altitude cue) - when you're below it (i.e. the safe altitude cue is above the FPM), then you're too low.

"DO NOT release the bombs if the safe altitude cue intersect the FPM or [the safe altitude cue] is above it [the FPM]"

Edited by PiedDroit

Poor Belouga's aren't shown much love ;)

95. "GLB-66" -> "BLG-66"

96. "Beluga" -> "Belouga"

104. "BGL-66" -> "BLG-66"

I suppose the charts for -5F and -D at the end are given on purpose. A hint on a future -5? :)

EDIT: I confirm the problem I saw in the manual, it seems the knob switches are turning the wrong way with mouse clicks, at least on those I tested. They seem consistent though, just rotating the wrong way (I'm only talking about the switches, not the "analogue" knobs like the VOR frequency).

It's not really in the scope of the manual, but IMHO some knobs could be made more user-friendly, like the HSI, it would be much easier to turn them with the mouse wheel / maintaining the left click and moving the mouse. It's a bit painful having to click 180 times ;)

In the PDF manual, it's not allowed to create bookmarks and manage them. It would be nice to be able to do so, I'm not sure whether it's a security concern or just an oversight :)

Edited by Redglyph

This is the draft of the manual that will be released with the Open Beta.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/er4gfj9lwfkymox/RAZBAM%20M-2000C%20Manual%20v%201.0.pdf?dl=0

Thread Bump.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

In some chapters, the manual is very vague and needs to be more specific. I disovered some items alone.

As an example, there is no mention about the various aural warnings and when exactly they are triggered.

Also the hud sumbology for the ccm is not explained (vertical dashed Line, horizontal dashed Line, or dashed circle with a Cross).

Or how can we select the previous or next waypoint (through the + - keys, they are working in beta version).

Or what represent on the fuel tapes the yellow and Red arrows.

Or where the parking brake is located.

Also, what are representing the various markers in the weapons range scale on the hud

Edited by jaguara5

Thread Bump.

Still a few items.

pp. 78, "DCS (Données Codées Inertielles)" --> "DCI".

Checklist, pp. 71:

- don't we need to switch the battery on as 1st step? (or require and use ground power?)

Engine start, pp. 72:

- as such, I see HYD.1 is ON after step 10, only switches off when I'm switching on batteries and power supplies. Is it normal?

- missing step: switch off Starter Fuel Pomp, Ignition/Vent on "Vent" (once engine idle at 48%?)

Parking (shutdown?), pp. 74-75:

- do we have to press on the engine shutdown button (left console)? Is there an equivalent to the throttle "STOP" position?

And here are some others fixes:

p.6

Its neutral point is in front of its Center of gravity of an aircraft.... wait, what ?

Airbakes --> Airbrakes.

p.7

The sentence The first 37 aircraft... is repeated.

p.15-40-49

mach should be written Mach.

p.16

Friend or Fore --> Foe

Show pitch --> Shows

p.17

Indicate trim position --> Indicates

Enable/disables the anti-skid system --> Enables

Control the volume --> Controls

Perform the same functions --> Performs

Enable/disables the emergency oil pump --> Enables

Enable/disables the engine afterburner --> Enables

p.18

Actuates the landing gear --> Activates ?

Indicates brakes and landing gear status --> missing point (yeah, I'm a grammar nazi, so what?)

TRN - Enable power --> Enables

p.24

The M-2000C doesn't have an Auxiliary Power Unit, instead it... --> Should be two different sentences, separated with a point.

p.27

The M-2000C fuel system consist of a left and right fuel groups consisting each one of --> consists of two -left and right- fuel groups, each consisiting of

p.30

Located on the Main Panel it displays... --> missing coma

p.41

There are two modes Air/Air and Charges --> missing colon

when speeds are under --> when speed is under ?

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I'm still puzzled by the start-up procedure, concerning (1) the power switches and the status lights, and (2) the starter fuel pump and ignition/vent switches.

(1) separate thread, where I've reported some issues on the start-up procedure.

(2) Start-up pump:

In the "leaked" pilot's flight manual, there is no mention of switching off the starter during the start-up procedure. It is just mentioned that it stops after 35 seconds when N=19% during the dry ventilation procedure.

It's also mentioned in the parking procedure that, after the engine is stopped, "BP and fire extinguisher -> stop".

Should we deduce that it's stopping automatically after 35", even in the normal procedure?

Finally, still in this French manual, there is an interruption procedure (pp. 9):

- throttle on STOP

- ignition/vent on VENT (ventilation)

- wait for the automatic stop of the starter, which allows ventilation

In case of emergency:

- throttle on STOP

- switch off the BP (which stops the starter).

This seems to suggest the starter fuel pump is only switched off in case of emergency, do you also interpret it like that?

Incomplete ? Is not even there!

(Error 404)!

AC

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 2 months later...
I think he means the dropbox link from post #1. The manual isn't online any more.

No because it is outdated and the aircraft has been released.

• 4 weeks later...