VKB T-Rudder Pedals - Review

OK, thanks all, I have figured this out - for the Hawk at least. It indeed works well! One question though about T-Link. If I open the 'Aux' panel, depressing the right pedal lights the 'LEFT' light, and conversely for the left pedal lighting the 'RIGHT' light. Consequently I had to switch the Joy-Y and Joy-Z axes to get the correct wheel brake to work. Is this a T-Link bug?

Yeah, seems like a T-Link bug. I opened both T-Link and the VKB Device Config, side-by-side, and tested it. In the Device Config, right rudder input shows the axis move to the right, while in the T-Link software, it goes to the left... :) So no need to invert rudder axes in DCS.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 1 month later...

Yeah but are they available?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The panels, not the pedals.

Correct, thanks.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Does anybody know how narrow the VKB pedals are

(How close together the Feet are then they are on the Pedals)

Kinds hard to estimate from the pictures.

Ive been desperately looking for a Pair of rudder pedals for a while now.

I tried the CH Pedals but they are to narrow for me to use comfortably.

The Saitek Pedals seem to be out of stock in most places in Europe.

And the MFGs are alot of money as well as there is the waiting time.

So the VKB Pedals would be a very interesting option.

Just need to know if i will have the same problem with them as i did the CH (The pedals being to close together)

According to VKB, here are the dimensions:

Size when assembled 40 х 23 х 8 cm (15.7 x 9.05 x 3.14 in.)

The good thing is, even though they are somewhat narrow, the actual pedals do not lock your feet in place in since they don't have a ridge that would confine your feet like the CH-Pro ones, however, you can slide your feet into different positions (e.g., angle your feed inwardly, outwardly, etc). Still perfectly happy with mine!

Have a look here for additional info (keep scrolling down): http://vkb-sim.pro/T-Rudder-MkIV/

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

T-Rudder MkII (the MkIV dimensions should be pretty similar)

VJ0OQYG.jpg

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

And the CH Pedals are about 100mm in the same measurement =P.

So not a significant difference =P.

If thats how narrow they are that might rule them out for me.

But then again the "Foot Bars" seem to be pretty wide.

So if i would have my feed closer to the middle or the outside of the "pedal" then it would add some distance on the width.

So it could work =P.

Question to any owner.

Are you able to have your feet Shoulder width apart and keep the feet (comfortably) on the pedals?

Il think about it (The next batch on Amazon is not due for a few more days anyway)

But this looks like my best option atm (and everybody ive talked to who has a pair loves them).

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

So if i would have my feed closer to the middle or the outside of the "pedal" then it would add some distance on the width.

So it could work =P.

Question to any owner.

Are you able to have your feet Shoulder width apart and keep the feet (comfortably) on the pedals?

Il think about it (The next batch on Amazon is not due for a few more days anyway)

But this looks like my best option atm (and everybody ive talked to who has a pair loves them).

I haven't got the VKB pedals (yet), but I currently have the Saitek Pro's, and they have almost the same distance. Don't find them too constricting ...

• Like 1

I haven't got the VKB pedals (yet), but I currently have the Saitek Pro's, and they have almost the same distance. Don't find them too constricting ...

Well what is comfortable differs between many (if not most)

Body Stature / Size Etc.

I have plenty of friends with the CH Pedals for example that have no problem with them and find the comfortable.

But for me they were way to narrow and were very uncomfortable for me (outright painful after a few minutes of active use)

Im a large guy.

(198 cm and 130kg)

And my Natural Stance is a bit wide legged.

So im trying to find what fits me.

(been looking at the Saitek pedals as they seem wider then the CH pedals etc but been unable to find any for sale in Sweden/Europe)

And atleast from the numbers i can find the Saitek pedals are significantly wider then the CH Pedals and the insides of the VKB pedals.

(Number i could find for the Saitek Pro where 21Cm compared to the 10 of the CH and 12,5 between the insides of the VKB Pedals)

and 21 vs 10 or 12 is in my eyes more then almost the same distance.

But then again i dont know how wide you can get on the VKB depending on where on the pedals you place your feet.

Edited by mattebubben

But then again i dont know how wide you can get on the VKB depending on where on the pedals you place your feet.

I am a big guy, too, with big thighs, but I find the VKB T-Rudders quite comfy, since I can move my feet along the "T" portion of the pedals without restriction - unlike my old CH Rudders.

Here's how the VKB Rudders sit in my simpit:

6195d600fbf10e16cb99f46a2989206f.png

Edited by rrohde
  • Like 1

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That looks quite good.

Looks Reasonably wide and i think im gonna try to order a pair.

And especially since the Bar is so wide i think i should have no problems with them.

Thank you for your photos and your experience.

I think they made me make up my mind =).

I think im gonna try to get a pair when their are available.

That looks quite good.

Looks Reasonably wide and i think im gonna try to order a pair.

And especially since the Bar is so wide i think i should have no problems with them.

Thank you for your photos and your experience.

I think they made me make up my mind =).

I think im gonna try to get a pair when their are available.

:thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Although the space between pedal bars is 127mm, you don't need put his foots too close, in mine I can leave the foots separated ~200mm (7.8"), and toes still over the bars - that are ~130mm (5.1") width. This will vary with your foots toes width.

Ch X Saitek: http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/images/technology_104a_004.jpg

By comparison - in my case - the difstance between middle of foots over T-Rudder is ~320mm (12.5") and as Rrohde say I can easily slide the toes from over pedals without need move the entire foot like in these other pedals, the heels remain over their rest.

Anyway BAUR BRD have the right width options for people who have problem in accommodate their "three balls" in narrow pedals. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

I am a big guy, too, with big thighs, but I find the VKB T-Rudders quite comfy, since I can move my feet along the "T" portion of the pedals without restriction - unlike my old CH Rudders.

Here's how the VKB Rudders sit in my simpit:

Thanks for this! Glad to see a pic of how these fit in an Ozone, nice to know I won't be disappointed in how they fit in the monitor stand when my pedals arrive soon.

• Like 1

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Thanks for this! Glad to see a pic of how these fit in an Ozone, nice to know I won't be disappointed in how they fit in the monitor stand when my pedals arrive soon.

Indeed, they're a perfect fit for the Obutto Ozone! :thumbup:

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 3 weeks later...
I just got my MK-IVs =>.

And so far i love them.

The size is perfect i can use them comfortably no problem.

Only done an hour or so of flying (Ka-50) but so far no comfort problems at all.

And they are so smooth and precise =>.

Interesting. I just got these last week and I found them too narrow.

Precision and build quality is amazing.

But just could not get myself in a comfortable position using them. Which is odd, because they are the same width as Saiteks. But no matter how hard I tried, I just could not get used to the feet position. Finally gave up, and tried to return it, but no avail: apparently Stratojet (US distributor) has a no return policy.

Will be listing them on ebay in a couple of days. :(

So if someone is looking for a mint-condition set of these at a discount, your lucky day is coming up ...

Sorry to hear you didn't find a comfortable position to use your pedals, Bearfoot.

Ergonomics…

I tried using my pedals with my legs more stretched like in rrohde's Obutto, but I'm more comfortable in a seated position as I can also keep my knees further outside the centerline.

Of course, that won't be possible in a home cockpit.

The T-Rudder have been designed with a desk/seated position in mind.

You probably already tried what suits you the best though.

And, yeah, no return policy s**ks :( I don't even know how a customer can't be protected by a specific law.

It's not possible in Europe:

In the EU you have the right to return these purchases within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind.

[source]

Anyway.

Don't forget to post your pedals in the dedicated thread here.

And you can also post in the official forum.

And here (IL2 Sturmovik forums).

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

-- wrong thread - fixed - please delete -- thanks.

Edited by Bourrinopathe
carpet posting gets messy ;)

Sorry to hear you didn't find a comfortable position to use your pedals, Bearfoot.

Ergonomics…

I tried using my pedals with my legs more stretched like in rrohde's Obutto, but I'm more comfortable in a seated position as I can also keep my knees further outside the centerline.

Of course, that won't be possible in a home cockpit.

The T-Rudder have been designed with a desk/seated position in mind.

You probably already tried what suits you the best though.

And, yeah, no return policy s**ks :( I don't even know how a customer can't be protected by a specific law.

It's not possible in Europe:

[source]

Anyway.

Don't forget to post your pedals in the dedicated thread here.

And you can also post in the official forum.

And here (IL2 Sturmovik forums).

Thanks.

I understand the predicament of Stratojet, given that they are a small company and have to jump through a lot of hoops to get the units from across the water. But yes, a decent return policy would be the smart long-game to play to build up a customer base as well as increase confidence in new customers.

E.g., I had every intention of buying the Gunfighter on day one from them. But now I am going to wait till it is available on Amazon or some other merchant that allows for returns, or even wait till a used one becomes available on Ebay at lower price by someone who made the same mistake I did :) !

Do have have issues with planting the heels or the balls of your feet comfortably? Just wondering...

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com