VKB T-Rudder Pedals - Review

They arrive today...excellent service from X-plane.org btw.

All connected and working perfectly. They are fantastic, so smooth and precise. Can't believe I put up with those plastic TM things for so long!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

They arrive today...excellent service from X-plane.org btw.

All connected and working perfectly. They are fantastic, so smooth and precise. Can't believe I put up with those plastic TM things for so long!

That's where I got mine too.....the experience was the same.....good luck with them!

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone,

I have received my VKB rudder MK.IV.
In the box, there is a plastic part (with two small screws that seem to fix this part somewhere), but I don't know what it can be used for.
Attached photo.
There is no user manual, and I don't find any documentation on the internet on this subject.
Any idea ?

mkv.jpg

Hello,
Here is how I adapted the MK.IV for helicopter use (the objective was not to have force feedback towards the center).
Simply removing the spring works poorly, as the weight of the pedals causes the pedals to swing to one side if foot pressure is released).
With a rubber band (2 rubber bands in my case), the force of the rubber band exactly compensates for the weight of the pedals.
So :
- The crank remains in its position when you lift your feet.
- There is no return to the central position.

@ Sokol1_br: thank you for your answer. Even after disassembling the MK.IV I still can't see where this part could attach ... weird.

adaptation.jpg

8 часов назад, Fasu сказал:

Even after disassembling the MK.IV I still can't see where this part could attach ... weird.

Right over here.
1.png

Win11, Asus Z690, i5-13600KF, 32Gb, GTX 3080TI, ViewSonic VX3211-4K, FFBeast+FFB Pedal, VKB devices, HP Reverb G2 v2.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the VKB T-Rudder pedals yesterday.

I had the Thrustmaster T-Flight earlier and sold them after one week. Did not work for me at all. Very hard to be accurate and quite uncomfortable. Near impossible to center during play.

Since then I have been flying with twist stck rudder, untill I upgraded my stick to the TM Warthog.

The VKB T-Rudder just exceded all my expectations and I am very happy. It gives flying the F-14 a new dimension. Never thought the rudder can have so much impact on the accuracy in flying. Not to say for the helis....

My only negative comment is that they may be a little uncomfortable during extended play in socks. Light shoes are perfect.
As for immersion, which real pilot flies in socks? 😄

Highly recommended!!!

Edited by MIghtymoo

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

8 hours ago, MIghtymoo said:

I had the Thrustmaster T-Flight earlier and sold them after one week. Did not work for me at all. Very hard to be accurate and quite uncomfortable. Near impossible to center during play.

Since then I have been flying with twist stck rudder, untill I upgraded my stick to the TM Warthog.

The VKB T-Rudder just exceded all my expectations and I am very happy. It gives flying the F-14 a new dimension. Never thought the rudder can have so much impact on the accuracy in flying. Not to say for the helis....

My only negative comment is that they may be a little uncomfortable during extended play in socks. Light shoes are perfect.

Highly recommended!!!

Get ready for the "no brakes" haters to come at you!! 🤣

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 8/27/2021 at 5:08 PM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

LOL! Here goes.....

I have used the rudder pedals for 5-6 hours now, and I still think they are superb.

I don't know the big negative comments towards the missing toe-brakes, as 95% of the time you are in the air.

Also, I think the pedals are fine to fly with socks now. Just need some getting used to. Gives better accuracy compared to sneakers. Very light/thin shoes or thick socks may be the optimum setup.

For the money/accuracy and comfort, I think they are highly recommended. 

Edited by MIghtymoo
  • Like 2

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

On 8/27/2021 at 6:08 PM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

So I'm on the verge of buying these and wonder how difficult it will be to use this "virtual toe brakes" VKB mentions in their page.

I fly mostly modern jets but have Warbirds and helos and want to spent more time with them too. 

Right now I only have the twist action of the stick as rudder and a button for brakes. That means it's impossible to fly helos and have hard time to taxi or takeoff with Spitfire.

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

59 minutes ago, diamond26 said:

So I'm on the verge of buying these and wonder how difficult it will be to use this "virtual toe brakes" VKB mentions in their page.

I fly mostly modern jets but have Warbirds and helos and want to spent more time with them too. 

Right now I only have the twist action of the stick as rudder and a button for brakes. That means it's impossible to fly helos and have hard time to taxi or takeoff with Spitfire.

I´m a rare case, I don´t fly warbirds. I have a TM Warthog throttle slider for brakes. For airframes with differential brakes like C-101, it´s not an issue either. From my experience, again.
I didn´t even bother with trying the virtual brakes trick.
For warbirds I have read both sides of the fence, doable and enjoyable, and painful and moving into other options, mostly MFG Crosswinds.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 8/31/2021 at 10:44 AM, diamond26 said:

... how difficult it will be to use this "virtual toe brakes" VKB mentions in their page.

Is not difficult, is just a different way, in what you brake both, or only right or left wheel, moving the rudder bar, like a real Spitfire (or MiG-21). 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:47 AM, MIghtymoo said:

Highly recommended!!!

Did some tweaking of the rudder pedals yesterday. Went from normal to strong tension on the spring and flipped to the soft centered cam. 

In my opinion the pedals have an even better feel/resistance and centers very well. 

Highly recommended to do this change in setup.

Also I adjusted the pedal links to be a little bit shorter (just turn the links to shorten the length). This reduced the height of the pedals with 1 cm and they are even more comfortable and still have full range deflection. 

Edited by MIghtymoo