VKB T-Rudder Pedals - Review

VKB-Sim has released updated software to enable the virtual toe-brake option for their new T-Rudder Mk.IVs. These updated software items include:

• New VKBdevCfg configuration utility
  • New T-Link software to configure virtual toe-brakes (beta version)
  • New BlackBox USB Controller Firmware
  • New T-Rudder Profiles (default, and T-Link enabled)

Click here to get to the downloads.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

VKB and VKB North America are working on improving their websites.

In the meantime, you can get the latest beta versions (generally stable) from this link (official Russian forum).

Due to upload limitations, the software is split in four parts. (VKBDevCfg-C.partn.rar)

The firmware (v1.82) for the Tinybox is bundled in the v1_82_0.rar further down in the same thread.

I'm currently using the firmware v1.82 for the Tinybox (T-Rudder Mk.II) and the VKB Device Config v0.79.04. No issue.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Hi

Just a quick question. I have the T-Rudder MK.III with the Tinybox. Where would I find the latest firmware and software for this ?

This latest T-Link (v_066.1) linked in rrohde topic work with T-Rudder Mk.III & TinyBox, I test there. My T-Rudder Mk.III (+TinyBox)is using v1.790 PRO firmware, but Burrinopathe link more actual version.

Just pay attention that T-Rudder firmware upgrade is specific for each version (Mk.II/III, Mk.IV).

Edited by Sokol1_br

Also, you could always look for release versions (non beta stuff) on VKB's official FTP site here: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

couldn't read the whole topic sorry.

are these pedals standart spring mechanism pedals or de they use dampers or other tech?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

are these pedals standart spring mechanism pedals or de they use dampers or other tech?

Spring and CAM (2 profiles, "soft" and "hard").

http://vkb-sim.pro/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/T-RudderMK4_8_white.jpg

For now none of these more know flight simulation aviation pedal - unless some models specific for helicopters (e.g. Komodo) - offer damper be default.

Some models provide support for user install damper (generally motorcycle steering damper).

T-Rudder is not intended to be "high end" pedal, but a reasonable affordable, compact and good quality option for twist rudder.

"High end" model from VKB is RDR line (production suspense for now).

Edited by Sokol1_br

1 idea

eliminate gl pro, offer upgrade to gl but including the base so there is no cuting

the gunfigter desktop module can also acept the gl upgrade parts (cheaper and whit cheap grip)

so you can buy a destop module whit a cheaper internals,

have adecent Gladiator upgrade path,

have 2 models of desktop module

the modular part of the trothle will be nice if can be remuved (handles and its internals) so you could put a joy in there, and put the trotle part in the desktop module

of course there must have a standar for the atachment of those parts, but that standar will be used on seveeral more products in the future.

since the trotle will be modular the remove of the entire handles and internals will leave room for a joybase, also the destop module could atach the ww2 stile or hotas style trotle handles

plus having the entire trotle handles whit its internals modular, could be used on future trotles tha only have a base diferent

• 2 months later...

VKB HQ released a new T-Rudders Mk.IV profile that includes the virtual toe brake functionality without requiring the external T-Link.exe to run.

Have a look here: http://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=4666

Hope this is useful.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's why there's some documentation to be found in those links... ;)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I've asked Ilya from VKB HQ about this - waiting on his reply.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I use the Virtual Toe Brakes and I have no issues. These are the most responsive rudder pedals I have ever used.

Never mind! I was using the button method. The virtual toe brake, new method, doesn't work. Never has.

Edited by Scooternutz

I use the Virtual Toe Brakes and I have no issues. These are the most responsive rudder pedals I have ever used.

:thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I always get the CPUID Error when trying to load the new Virtual Pedal Profile. I have never been able to update the firmware. They pretty operate out of the box and i use the button method for toe brakes which is not smooth but works.

After the error I have to physically unplug and plug back in. Still love them for the rudder itself.

I always get the CPUID Error when trying to load the new Virtual Pedal Profile. I have never been able to update the firmware. They pretty operate out of the box and i use the button method for toe brakes which is not smooth but works.

After the error I have to physically unplug and plug back in.

Please share that issue on the VKB Technical Support Forum. The developers there will help you fix that!

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25&sid=1d81f2be254cb26e0e60cebc4c717360

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Checked it out many times. The precision of the pedals themselves outweighs the minor annoyance. I have them anchored to my Volair SimPit and they are just amazing. Mounting is a must though. And they are silent and easy to clean. I have two dogs and a kittie so I am always vacuuming up hair. The MkIVs are super easy to vacuum off.

• 1 month later...