The Enemy Within DLC

No advance on mission 4.

"The Enemy Within" Mission 4 (Operation Hammerfall)

I fly on 1.5 latest stable,

I takeoff and reach WP2, after I get a call that within 7 minutes the forces are about to start - nothing else happens.

I see the forces on the ground just waiting.

Any clue??

Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've done birds of prey twice now. I land at base and the debrief message comes up. Stop the plane and quit. Then the campaign doesn't advance and I'm on the same mission. What's going on? anyway to force skip a mission?

I don't know what's wrong with the mission, but I can offer some help with advancing the campaign. It will require some text file editing, and you should use a decent editor like Notepad++.

First, create a backup of your pilot's logbook file:

Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

Then, edit that file and locate the section for the Enemy Within campaign:

["campaign"] = "./Mods/campaigns/A-10C The Enemy Within Campaign/en/The Enemy Within DLC.cmp",

The section labeled "history" contains a list of all missions. Note that this list may be un-ordered.

Search for the shortest entry that probably looks something like this:

[17] = 
{
 ["stage"] = 17,
 ["mission"] = "S10 Birds of Prey 15.miz",
}, -- end of [17]

And change the name of the next mission to that of mission 11:

[17] = 
{
 ["stage"] = 17,
 ["mission"] = "[color="Blue"][b]S11 Scramble v15.miz[/b][/color]",
}, -- end of [17]

I think that should do it. While you're at it, you might also locate the previous history entry and adjust the result to 100 in order to make the campaign totals look better. ;)

BTW, you can find the names of the missions in your campaign directory; by default:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\A-10C The Enemy Within Campaign\EN\

Let us know how this works for you. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, is there any chance to re-release this campaign as coop for 2 players?

I don't think that's going to happen because that would require massive amounts of addtional work.

But Baltic Dragon plans to release 5 of the missions as MP versions. I think the poll is even still active:

POLL: which 5 TEW missions should be converted to MP?

I don't think that's going to happen because that would require massive amounts of addtional work.

But Baltic Dragon plans to release 5 of the missions as MP versions. I think the poll is even still active:

POLL: which 5 TEW missions should be converted to MP?

That plus there are some protection issues as far as I understand, so MP campaigns are off the table at the moment.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

Well. i was gonna start this campaign now... but seeing how 2.5 is so much prettier... i'll wait a little bit longer ;)

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

Well. i was gonna start this campaign now... but seeing how 2.5 is so much prettier... i'll wait a little bit longer ;)

The 2.5 screenshots posted recently do look stunning indeed. ;)

But if I was in your position, I'd actually fly the campaign as soon as possible because it's just so well done and so much fun to fly.

I flew an earlier version in 1.2 IIRC and had a blast re-flying some of the same missions in 1.5. Even though there's not a whole lot of random events, I think the campaign has a good replay value because of its quality.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll look even better in 2.5. :thumbup:

I just hope that version is not going to introduce yet another series of campaign-breaking bugs. :(

It used to be unplayable for quite a while already. Right now it should work fine as far as I know, so that might be a good argument to fly it right away. ;)

Anybody having issues with mission 18? Jtac checks in, give me a 9line, but doesn't answer to the confirmation, and no other trigger issues ever happen (charlie doesn't check in, and if I destroy the outpost, no further objective given, I don't have the special F10 radio menu).

Ideas, workarounds, suggestions?

Hey,

Looks to me that you missed one of the waypoints (over the lake) - did you hear the Blackhawks checking in? You should get a F10 option as soon as they are on station, before you destroy the air defences. JTAC is irrelevant in this case.

It's possible, after the 9line I went straight to the target. Thanks, I will try it.

No, the Blackhawks didn't check in btw.

Good, let me know if that was the case!

I tried yesterday, the Blackhawks checked in at the waypoint. The jtac didn't confirm the 9line, but I could continue the mission. (I screwed up after that, but the mission seemed ok)

Thanks again for the tip

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was really looking forward to this campaign and I found the first 2 missions very engrossing.

However after a recent update, the campaign is unplayable. I first noticed an issue on mission 3 where I didn't receive any radio notice about the downed pilot. I diverted to the ruined outpost, dealt with the enemy and continued on my patrol not knowing any different. After landing however the mission flagged up as not complete. I only know about the pilot thanks to searching for tips on the mission.

Yesterday however things got even worse. Hammerfall 1 began with the Georgian assault force dying before I even started the APU. After that all radio transmissions ceased and I had no direction on the mission. I tried re-installing the DLC and restarting the campaign and now there is no comms whatsoever. In mission 1 I can't hear my wingmen or Overlord. In mission 2 I can't hear anybody. The strange thing is that in mission 1 I can hear the tanker and I can always hear my own transmissions. So far I've tried:

Reinstalling the DLC on Steam

Switching to DCS Standalone and installing from there

Easy Comms On

Easy Comms Off

Radio Assists On

Radio Assists Off

Quadruple checked radio frequencies

Cycling radio frequencies to see if the briefing note is different to the frequency actually in use

Obviously this means I'm only missing out on the voice acting but I'm also missing mission specific information such as the downed pilot.

Don't suppose anyone can shed any light on this can they?

Thanks

Don't suppose anyone can shed any light on this can they?

Thanks

Yep Apache who makes Op Piercing Fury has investigated and says the last update borked nearly all missions. ED working on it.

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.