Bugs and problems

Please post any bugs you find in the missions or ask any questions not related to the storyline (for help on completing any mission, click HERE). Before you do, please make sure that you read the information below.

NOTES:

1. as part of realism setting, I am using "radio transmit" instead of "message to.." system within the missions. The difference is that unless you don't have your radio tuned in to correct frequency (and you are in range, which is important in some of the missions), you won't hear your orders!

2. It is important that you land after each mission, as upon getting back to base you will see a short debriefing while still in the pit, based on your performance during the missions and supplementing the background information you will get in the briefings.

3. Abilities needed to successfully finish the campaign include: ability to create waypoints based on bullseye calls and ability to locate air assets called out by AWACS, some proficiency in low-level flying in bad weather would also be useful. And finally - ability to follow orders and given waypoints (many of the occurences are dependent on player being in a specific trigger zone, so if you tend to fly your own way you might miss a lot of things or be unable to finish the mission). But hey, in real life pilots DO follow their flight plans. So should you.

4. In some of the missions you are required to push the action forward by 'other' radio comms menu (F10) - you will get a message about it whenever it happens.

BUG TRACKER

Below you will find all the bugs I am aware of and which I intend to fix:

Mission 1:

1.1. Update FRAGO to reflect number of travel pods

FIXED 25/01/17 Change the position of Dodge 1-2 when flying in formation after tanker leaves (so he is less creepy)

1.3. Indicate which parking spot should be taken (in the briefing)

Mission 2:

FIXED 25/01/17 Make sure Igla is invisible

2.2. Fix inconsistencies between wind values in briefing and in mission card

2.3. Fix the trigger zone so overhead break does not show debriefing (should be visible only after landing)

2.4. Check take-off direction (possibly DCS bug, not campaign related)

Mission 3:

FIXED 25/01/17 Silence AI during first conversation with Overlord

FIXED 25/01/17 Fixed the problem with Uzi being destroyed at mission start

Mission 4:

4.1. Add map showing whole flight plan

4.2. Check debriefing about destroying trucks (possible bug)

4.3. Check take-off direction (possibly DCS bug, not campaign related)

4.4. Update FRAGO to make sure that WP2 is not considered as anchor point (or add specific anchor point on the map with the whole flight plan)

Mission 5

5.1. Check CLA trucks at Echo2 position anm set them to "invisible"

5.2. Remove artificial folders from mission file (causing TAD diamond to disappear)

Mission 6

6.1. Update FRAGO (1xGBU12, 1GBU38, ALQ)

6.2. Update text for last Anvil message (Ford not Dodge)

Mission 8:

DONE 8.1. Check JTAC not responding in second part of the mission (Fixed a but with JTAC not responding, now set to "immortal" (poor guy used to get smoked with first mortar rounds))

Mission 10

10.1. Make sure Huey RTBs when Schaefer is killed.

10.2. Correct typos in the text (First message from Overlord, typo: missing 'i' in 'immediately', last message, Overlord says Blackhawk (correctly), text states Huey.)

10.3. Check the tank always hitting Schaefer.

Mission 13:

13.1. Fix mismatch in callsigns between briefing and mission

Mission 15:

15.1. If Colt is killed, remove F10 radio options to communicate with him

Mission 17:

17.1. Update the FRAGO (address ALQ-184 and number of sidewinders)

Mission 21:

FIXED 25/01/17 Change to colt start (currently parking hot)

21.2. Change the visibility settings (replace snow with fog, with snow very difficult to use NVGs)

ALREADY UPDATED

ENEMY WITHIN UPDATES 1.51

M01: changed loadout to reflect real-life operations

M02: changed the victory conditions so that player no longer is required to land in Kobuleti to progress with the mission; enlarged the landing zone so that even when player lands with damaged wheel, he still should have the mission counted as a success.

M04: improved the AI behaviour for Bravo and changed the victory conditions;

M05: turned off invulnerability of the ammo trucks once infantry in the buildings is killed (building are destroyed)

M06: fixed a bug with three debriefings showing up at the same time.

M08: fixed a bug with two debriefings showing up at the same time.

M17: changed from hot start to cold start; changed Israeli F-16 behaviour making them more efficient.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please post the various docs so we can print them. thanks.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Just copying from my answer to the post in /r/hoggit

"Only had time to play the first two missions. In both of them, when my wingman has landed, he just stops at the runway about 100m after touchdown and wont move. Almost looks like an arrested landing. This results in Go Arounds for the rest of the flight.

Anyone else got this problem?"

I've seen this weird wingman behavior as well in 1.5, and I'm pretty sure it also happened in other missions (not just in TEW campaign).

Oddly enough, when I flew the first two missions yesterday, my wingmen taxied without any problems, both before I landed (mission 1) and after (mission 2).

One thing I've noticed is that I can hear my wingmen, as well as Overlord, but or some reason I can't hear any other radio communication.

For example, in one mission we're supposed to check in with friendly checkpoints as we overfly them. I can hear myself making the calls to them, but not their response. Then I can hear myself acknowledge whatever it is they said.

I'm using a headset (non-USB). One plug for audio, one plug for the mic on my headset.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 :: Intel i5-2500 3.0 GHz :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 :: 16 GB DDR3 RAM :: Crucial 240 GB SSD :: WD Black 2TB HD :: 50" Magnavox TV as monitor :: TrackIR 5 :: Saitek X52 :: Saitek Rudder Pedals

One thing I've noticed is that I can hear my wingmen, as well as Overlord, but or some reason I can't hear any other radio communication.

For example, in one mission we're supposed to check in with friendly checkpoints as we overfly them. I can hear myself making the calls to them, but not their response. Then I can hear myself acknowledge whatever it is they said.

I'm using a headset (non-USB). One plug for audio, one plug for the mic on my headset.

Make sure that you are tuned in to the correct frequency! What you describe looks like you don't have your FM radio set correctly. Each asset in the campaign has an assigned frequency on which he communicates and unless you are tuned to it you won't hear anything. Done on purpose for enhanced realism.

You will find all the frequencies in the mission briefing. I would recommend to turn off "easy communications' in the options, as I am not sure how will the campaign work with it on.

Hope this helps!:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

On finishing Operation Hammerfall 2, the Debriefing showed all success messages at once. Since I completed all of them, I felt flattered for all the "Success" reports, but I guess just one would have been enough. ;)

Screenshot inside spoiler.

Screen_160103_030144.jpg

And another double debriefing, this time in "Calm before the Storm".

Screenshot inside spoiler.

I had successfully destroyed both groups of stolen vehicles (6 vehicles in total) and defended the radar station against some mortars, so the correct one in this case should have been the full success message. :)

Screen_160104_01.jpg

Hi Baltic, just trying your campaign for the first time. On very opening mission, The plane is uncontrollable right out of the gate. I'ts almost like flying in a hurricane. Although weather doesn't seem awful in the ME. Is this an installation problem? Thanks Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that as of 1.5, AWACS flights now use the "correct" callsign for AI radio calls, e.g.: "Overlord is on station at bulls 123 for 45" (where previously they used "Enfield" or whatever).

I don't think I read that in any change log, but it's what I've observed ever since flying the campaign in 1.5 (I think it was like this in the OpenBeta, and definitely holds true for the 1.5 release version).

If it stays that way, you could get rid of some of the briefing information:

"AMC will be onboard E-2D Hawkeye (call sign 'OVERLORD', AWACS call sign 'ENFIELD')." :thumbup:

Hello Baltic Dragon,

I have some bug reporting here:

Mission 8:

I finished the mission yesterday. I had 2 strange behaviors.

The first is that no tank escaped from the base, they were standing still and very quickly got shot by a Georgian Hind after my wingman destroyed the manpad. I was asked to go back to base immediately after. I have seen and confirmed this with the Tacview. When I am home I will attach it.

The second is the debriefing. I was a bit slow in destroying the mortars. When I got back to the base and received the in mission debriefing I got 4 or 5 of them. All contradictory. One saying I avoided the damage to the Georgian radar, one was that it was slightly destoyed one that it was destroyed ...

Edited by TomCatMucDe

• 2 weeks later...

On Mission 5 I think (C-130 goes airborne, I have to check in with Echo 3 times) and after the third check-in, I get the report that Echo 2 is under fire 13 miles out. I fly out there, but none of the TGP settings or waypoints point to where Echo 2 is, and since Im not using labels I'm unable to locate any targets. When I try again with labels enabled, none of the waypoints or TGP slew points are anywhere near the proper location and after a short while I get the message Echo 2 was wiped out.

This is bizarre, because Echo 2 is very much alive still, albeit with some casualties.

If the TGP slewing to waypoints is due to elevation differences, what is the correct procedure to correct the discrepency? In reality, how would a pilot go about getting an accurate altitude and changing the waypoint appropriately via cdu? Or is it proper to use the TAD to just hook the wedding cake after decluttering the TAD to show cake only?

Edited by Nerdwing

Hi Nerdwing!

The waypoint is set to 12000 feet IIRC (it is part of your flight plan). However, you will notice on your map and in the FRAGO that you have the coordinates given for all three outposts. It would be a good idea to create separate waypoints while still on the ground using the MGRS coordinates given. Saves you a lot of time later on! This is also true for other missions, if you have any coordinates given during briefing it is safe to store them as separate waypoint before departure.

TAD could be used there or you can just spot the tracers when you get closer (although the village is blocked by the mountains on the approach).

Hope this helps!

So had a problem with "Storm Before the Calm" (Mission 8 I think):

Almost no radio feedback the entire mission. Destroyed all the escaping CLA units after the initial attack and "look at those fireworks!" comment from my #2. Got the "Overlord, Hawg 1-1 All six enemy units destroyed" and then nothin, dead silence for like 20 minutes while I held an orbit. decided to fly back to base, got about 40 NM back towards Kubaleti and then got the "new tasking, contact JTAC on the ground mortars attacking radio outpost" whatever the msg was from overlord, turned around at 2/3 fuel got there and everything at the outpost was dead already, could not contact JTAC at any point. destroyed the mortars cause I could see the flash of the guns and the ammo vic on my TGP. Again, radio silence. Turned around for home and landed at Kobuleti. No debrief or info on what happened during the mission. Much Confused.

Anyway, loving the campaign updates, especially since I played the hell out of your original campaign before there was even pt 2. Thank Baltic_Dragon!

SGT USMC, KILL

Hi DarthXavius,

Well, the obvious question is whether you have correctly set up your radios, although I assume you have if you have known the campaign from the first version :) Apart from "fireworks', did you get any messages from the Overlord during the mission? Report that the base is under attack etc?

The problem with the JTAC might have been that since everything was dead near at the outpost, the JTAC was dead too. I will have a look at the triggers and try to fly the mission tonight or tomorrow if I manage to do it and will get back to you.

The attack is supposed to start quite late... though I will have to check if it connected with how fast you destroy other targets. I think how it works the trigger kicks in either some time from destroying both convoys OR a longer time since starting to hunt for them - then indeed it might happen that you would get the call being quite far away. I will try to check that soon. Thanks for the feedback!

Mission 8 question: any trigger for the JTAC (Mi-24) to become active in radio menu? Started looking for the stolen vehicles right after the radio call, I couldn't see any movers to NE or other direction, only vehicles and men standing around the camp randomly. And without JTAC coming online, how to distinguish targets from friendlies? Also, radio said "Use 131.00 MHz", and mission briefing said two A-10 flights being on 134.00 MHz. Still they weren't acessible in the radio menu to contact.