On initial beta release, what will work, what won't?

statrekmike

So I've got a question. Felt a bit much to make a thread just about this one so I'll ask it here.

Does the Mirage 2000c have some kind of missile launch warning system?

I'm guessing it doesn't but hey...you never know.

Mirage 2000D and Mirage 2000N are known to use it.

It's called DDM or D²M in French, IR/ UV missile launch detector.

But I never saw it on Mirage 2000 C/-5F.

It was not immediately available but there were place holders for it.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I beg to disagree, there is more to MP than public servers with no coordination. ;)

If you know where all youre friendlies are at all time then maby.

But thats unlikley in most mp situations (atleast on pvp missions)

Im just saying that in a hectic MP "pvp" enviroment like lets say the 104th server for example it would be hard to be completley sure about identity even if you only played with friends/players you where talking with.

And while yes i would be all for realistic iff systems but that would only be plausible if all aircraft had it modeld.

And it would still not make for a very fun experience alot of the time since there are alot of ppl that would fire even when not sure.

and also does anyone know the "default" mode for the mirage 2000c?

does it show unkown contacts as friendlies or as hostiles?.

But im still confident of the fact that on the beta release the radar will simply "know" who is blue/red since thats how radars work by default in this game.

I like the "manual" Iff interrogation system but if its not ready its not ready and it is more complicated then just using the "default" setup.

Either way it would be nice to get an official comment on the subject.

Guys, if you speak about IFF in every thread, it's hard to answer your questions.

Radar thread seems more appropriate, and some of your questions have already been answered to.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155743&page=9

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Im just saying that in a hectic MP "pvp" enviroment like lets say the 104th server for example it would be hard to be completley sure about identity even if you only played with friends/players you where talking with.

Agreed. Such way of flying is suited for FC3 fighters (that I do like & fly, this is not a critisism). But it's not something I care too much for. Great missions with briefing first, radio-comms (using UR) and control service (using LotAtc), now you got me interested. Personal taste, I guess :)

and also does anyone know the "default" mode for the mirage 2000c?

does it show unkown contacts as friendlies or as hostiles?.

It show contacts. Just contacts, without classification, nor friendly nor hostile (IRL).

= = = =

Sorry jojo, you're right. I'm out of here. :)

spacer.png

Apologies if this has been answered in another thread, does this mean that the existing AI tanker in game will get a drogue attatchment?

There's a tanker variant of the S-3 Viking in the game that uses a drogue system. IIRC, Razbam had screen shots of M3Ks tanking off that on their facebook page. Not ideal, since those have been decommissioned.

That said, modding the current KC-135 to use the drogue system would be nice (and accurate, as that's what France uses).

There's a tanker variant of the S-3 Viking in the game that uses a drogue system. IIRC, Razbam had screen shots of M3Ks tanking off that on their facebook page. Not ideal, since those have been decommissioned.

That said, modding the current KC-135 to use the drogue system would be nice (and accurate, as that's what France uses).

Oh, they do? I thought France used the A400/A400M?

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Lol, the A400 is a transport aircraft and does not (yet) have the ability to do air-to-air refuelling. I do believe some of their C-160 Transalls do have the ability to do so, but im unsure.

Also, I do believe that they were planning to add an AdA KC-135 in the future, as mentioned in the Q&A done by Wags on the M2K.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Lol, the A400 is a transport aircraft and does not (yet) have the ability to do air-to-air refuelling. I do believe some of their C-160 Transalls do have the ability to do so, but im unsure.

Also, I do believe that they were planning to add an AdA KC-135 in the future, as mentioned in the Q&A done by Wags on the M2K.

Yes Transall can refuel:

eper.jpg

A400M will be used as refueller when certified, the question was not silly at all, just it's too early:

a400mrefuelef18s_airbusdefencespace-672x372.jpg

Mirage fanatic !

As this part wasn't answered:

Yes, France does have (K)C-135FR. 14 of them actually.

12 were bought in the 60's as C-135F's to build a credible nuclear deterrence in conjunction with the Mirage IV.

1 was lost. Remains 11, +3 more KC-135's were then bought second hand (from USAF IIRC) = 14.

All are now "R" (remotorisés) with the CFM-56.

Next step will be the A330 MRTT « Phénix », 12 to come (9 already ordered), for deliveries from 2018 and onwards.

spacer.png

A little confusing...it says that the EFM is used by partner developers yet the UH-1, developed by a partner, uses the PFM....?

Professional Flight Model (PFM). This is generations beyond an AFM/AFM+ and is based upon:

• Use a wider array of wind tunnel tests CFD methods for aerodynamics parameters calculations.

• A higher level of aircraft construction details for forces calculations. For example: our landing gear model includes individual kinematics of retracting/extending is used to calculate its movement, servo-piston forces, etc. In such cases, we truly use real lengths, arms, etc. This also includes such items as a realistic simulation of airflow along the airframe due to the propeller or helicopter rotor thrust.

• Realistic simulation of Flight Control, CAS and Autopilot systems.

• Realistic simulation of Hydraulics, Fuel, Electrical, Engine and other systems influence flight characteristics.

• Unprecedented access to test data packs.

This is combined with much more detailed and accurate accounting of the physical forces on the aircraft and airfoils. DCS examples of the PFM include the A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F-15C and Su-27 (in development) for DCS Flaming Cliffs, and the Fw190-D9 (in development).

External Flight Model (EFM). Used by our partner developers, the EFM uses only a part of PFM - rigid body physics and contact model. What forces and moments are applied to this rigid body from aerodynamics and any other sources except the contact forces is up to EFM developer.

The difference being that a PFM would be called a Professional Flight Model if my understanding is correct.. Which would mean being of the caliber that it could be used a Commercial training tool to the fidelity of the aircraft.

Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.