R-77 on outer pylons on MiG-29 (for VVS504)

Today, while flying on VVS504 sever, we noticed (504)Breakshot with 4xR-77, 2xR-27 on MiG-29S. We asked him about it, and he answered, that it's allowed on the server, because there was a photo, showing MiG-29S can carry R-77 on outer pylons. He advised to look through airliners.net photo gallery. So we did it.

Is it that photo?

If it is, I don't think it's a proof, because it's from airshow, and they could fix anything to any pylon. I looked for the thread, where it was discussed(AFAIK, it was), but couldn't find.

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

It's not only a photo. I know there was some written info about it, somewhere on the net..and Alfa also confirmed this.

Basically, there is like, one RuAF Mig29S squadron capable of deploying these missiles on all 6 pylons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

There have been a number of sources confirming that the R-77 can be carried on the outer pylons of the MiG-29S.

I personally see no problem with it in this case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

HEy mate dont worry :) I saw also some guy on Su-25T with 4x KH-58 :D so and some Mig-29A with 2x R-27ET. so :)

That's not the same. 4xKh58 is a cheat, and R-77 on outer pylons is allowed on the server. We're just curious to see the proof, that's all.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=16200

Yes it does :) . R-27 missiles can only be carried on pylons 3 & 5, while R-77 can be carried on all 6 pylons just like the R-73.

I am little less confident about the versions of R-27 missiles though. Some sources claim that the MiG-29S(unlike the MiG-29) can deploy the "long burn" R-27ER version, but I am not really sure whether this is actually the case for the ones currently in service with the VVS - I remember reading the chief designer saying something along the lines of the R-77 missile having been integrated with the WCS of the 9-13S and that the R-27ER could be too......which in my book would indicate that it wasn't at the time :) .

I am also having a hard time finding information on the R-27T in connection with the MiG-29 - I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be able to deploy it, but then it might a tactical consideration why it apparently isn't - i.e. that the IR version is meant to be used as a supplement to the radar guided version and since the MiG-29 can carry only one set of R-27 missiles.....well :hmm: .

Cheers,

- JJ.

As for the 4x58's or MiG-29A with 2x27T, or any other loadout that is deemed illegal on our server.

If you ever see this send me a track. Their name will go here http://www.vvs504.co.uk/squadforum/showthread.php?t=3025 Their stats will be removed and their IP will be banned from our servers.

And why Alfa's words are the proof? I thought, some sort of documentation or photos are...

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

I see no problem with 6XR-77 on mig. If its realistic let it be so. However, who uses that loadout has usualy to sacrifice the 2 R-73's and I found that NOT to be worth for getting the 2 extra adders. R-77's dont perform too good up close, and in the mig with such reduced radar range youll end up WVR most of the times, where the helmet sight helps alot, and where the R-77's will just buzz by.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Example:

The R-77 can be carried on all six pylons - on MiG-29K/MiG-29M it can be carried on all 8 :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

Maybe I'm wrong, but AFAIR, red missiles are scale models.

сфсвсг

Thats the foto of demo kits (painted red) mounted for demonstration purposes - not combat missiles.

For example there are no technical problems of mounting this kits on Su-27 in 8 pcs.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

Therefore, MiG-29S shouldn't carry R-77 on ANY pylons? :)

-SK

Without R-77 it's not able to shoot 2 targets at a time. ED didn't make it just because there is no information about this mode. So 9-13S CAN carry R-77, 9-13 cannot.

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

:) NO MiG should carry R-77 as allowed by LO original payload.

2 FrogFoot - 9-13C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

2 FrogFoot - 9-13C

C = ES, so in english it's 9-13S, as МиГ-29C is MiG-29S.

Ну не Ц ж он.:)

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

I thought that in NATO 9-13 is named 29C, aren' it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought that in NATO 9-13 is named 29C, aren' it?

MiG-29S but Fulcrum C, AFAIR.

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

just for entertainment, i think. You can see red painted missiles on lots of aircrafts on airshows eg Su-30 and so on thats are demonstration kits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And what I wonder is why thoes 77 heads are of different color :)
The red paint was over. :D

сфсвсг

So if we really want realism we should remove the R-77 completely?

<sarcasm on>Perhaps then ED could bring back the payload lock so we can limit Russian aircraft to say... 25-30% fuel and arm them with say...... 1-3 missiles only and yeah ermmmm... enable failures so that only a certain number of airframes are actually airworthy. Of course this is all in the name of realism. <sarcasm off>

Why were these concerns raised when the weapons mod was first released when 1.1 came out, or when the 504th started using it last year?

BTW is it just my imagination or have these forums got really whinney lately

just for entertainment, i think. You can see red painted missiles on lots of aircrafts on airshows eg Su-30 and so on thats are demonstration kits.

The red ones are usually test missiles. I think they're painted to be easier to find after launching.

More to the point - the 8 Su-27 pylons are connected to the Su-27 weapon system, which does not support the R-77. The four inner MiG-29S pylons are connected to the MiG-29S weapon system, which does.

Which weapon system are the outer two MiG-29S pylons presumed to be connected to?

:huh:

-SK

LO is simulating 9-13C ,which is capable of carrying 4 R-77 on the inner pylons. The reason is that the G's limits of the airframe are not perfoms R-77 on outer pylon and maybe some restrictions on WCMS (weapons control management systems). So, no sarcasm, no anything - comparing to RL "outer pylons R-77" ARE NOT REALLY REAL :))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's their server, they can set whatever rules/payloads they want. I guess I can start using Shepski real 33/27 and A-10 mod in there :notworthy:

OHHHH our squad war we had last week I was using Shepski's mod and you guys complained about me using this taken from your website,

Pylon 3&8: R-73 OR R-27R OR R-27ER OR R-27T OR R-27ET OR Smoke Generators OR B-8 OR UB-13 OR S-25 OR B-8CM OR BetAB-250 OR BetAB-500 OR BetAB-500ShP OR FAB-250 OR FAB-500 OR FAB-250P OR ODAB-500PM OROR RBK-250 OR RBK-500AO OR KMGU-2*96 AO-2.5RT OR KMGU-2*96 PTAB-2.5KO OR PB-250 OR ZAB-500 OR SAB-100 OR MER*6 FAB-250 OR MER*6 PB-250

So what gives? Remember I bombed your runway with them.