Curiosity + Whinging

Two for the price of one!

First off, I often get no warning on the TEWS (Flying an F-15C) when I am launched at by an Archer (Think it's an Archer). However, the aircraft WAS maintaining a radar lock on me at the time, so it is a radar-assisted launch. I was under the impression that you'd get a warning tone from that launch, even if it is an IR missile.

Secondly, any idea if BS is going to impliment the F-15 actually having an IFF post-lock? I shot down a friendly today, as I was in a dogfight with at least 4 other aircraft. I was being launched upon, I saw a missile contrail heading in my direction, I locked up the launcher and fired on him. Turns out he was firing at another target behind me, or something to that effect, and was actually on my side. I was then shot down by a friendly, but that was due to a perfectly legitimate ****-up on his behalf, not created by a failure of his machine due to the fact that he was flying an Su27.

Two for the price of one!

First off, I often get no warning on the TEWS (Flying an F-15C) when I am launched at by an Archer (Think it's an Archer). However, the aircraft WAS maintaining a radar lock on me at the time, so it is a radar-assisted launch. I was under the impression that you'd get a warning tone from that launch, even if it is an IR missile.

Nope. IR missile is not radar guided, which means, your radar receiver won't be able to pick it up at all. The only way you can tell someone is launching it at you, is by spotting the missile contrails.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

He means rardar swich to guiding frequencies for slaving the missilewich would leave a warning but I dont think so. All he will know is that hes being locked on, not launched at.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P