WTF!

Okay

Now I know everyones gonna be like "read this sticky" "read that sticky" "your an idiot"! But Im new to LockOn. Ive been an MSFS2004 guy for a while, and I used to play A-10 Attack back in the day. I just bought the LOMAC gold package, with flaming cliffs along with it. First of all, the documentation sucks with this package. The only information provided is info on the planes, nothing is provided whatsoever about the operation of the program, aka mission editor, recording and saving track files, video editing, all kinds of stuff, completely left out. The downloadable manuals are the same that came with the game, aircraft use ONLY, nothing provided..not one thing about the menus, editors etc.. With that being said, as a person totally new to LOMAC, learning how to use the mission editor was a pain in the butt! Secondly, how the hell do I set up Air to Air Refueling with the freakin F-15! There is no option for it anywhere, none of the F-15C missions provided have tanker support. When trying to make a mock AAR session with the mission editor, I cant place any freakin jets over 12000 god damn feet. I can get the 15 to top out at a retarted 18300 feet...at least thats what it reads in the mission editor screen, but when I click fly and the mission loads, LOMAC puts me at 60000 feet and the plane goes into a spin, uncontrollabel all the way to the ground(no stick response..and no the stick is fine, it works fine, drivers are fine, its not the stick). I tell the tanker to fly at 23000 feet, NOTHING, the altitude resets itself to 12000 feet, when the mission is loaded, the tanker appears at 33000 feet! I cant climb up that high at any reasonable pace! Attempting to climb up to FL330 I started loosing way to much airspeed..so I leveled her out at FL280 and the 15 could barely keep 150 KTS! WTF is going on with this screwy mission editor! Dont get me wrong, I love the game, the regular mission/multiplayer work fine, but the mission editor..GOOD GOD, its horrible! Its impossible to just slap planes in a scenario. And why cant I tell the damn plane to go over 12000 feet or at least have it hold the altitude i tell the mission editor to put it at. All I want to do is practice some AAR, and I cant find a way to do it. can somebody tell me what the hell im doing wrong. Thanks!

A frustrated pilot

• Like 1

right you are guys with the altitude. It was showing meters. But still, as far as the Tanker, isnt there some easier way than having to build a mission simply to use a tanker. I mean, if you had some old dude who didnt know what the hell they were doing, they wouldnt be able to make a mission like that, and thus would never even know it was possible to AAR.

• Like 1

Change from metric to imperial. It screwed NASA, and you too it seems.

That's a good one :thumbup:

Yeah, or better learn the universal/international measurements system (meters, kilograms etc.)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

You might take a breath, relax, and ask if someone would provide an AAR mission for you :)

Here you go, A6003: http://www.troest.nu/AAR.mis.

Actually we're quite reasonable chaps on this forum. You don't even have to curse, before someone helps you. But as GG states. Next time take a deep breath, before you let the ranting begin.

And to answer your second question. No, there isn't any easier way. No quick-mission for AAR.

I've seen many people slag the mission editor in this game and I just don't understand. Making the missions is so easy. Now learning how the AI will behave at different skill levels and scenarios is a different matter.....:thumbup:

You might want to check this out as well A6003...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~nees64/flightsim/missioneditor.htm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry everybody, but the mission editor is a major pain in the ... It's the only reason why I started playing F4AF!

Just yesterday I wanted to make a Desert Storm kind of scenario, full of Patriot and Hawk bases, being attacked with mixed columns of Iraqi armor and planes. I had to micro manage every little unit and static object. You can't just copy/past a unit or static object, or assign defending zone to a unit.

There are so many ways to improve and simplify mission editor, I don't even know where to start. You can't even change the time of day for designed mission - you can forget about playing the same mission in day or night, you need to repeat the whole process of designing the mission, just to change the time ?!

In the end, I wasted a whole free evening and went to sleep, just to play it another day. It's really a test of patience and careful planning, and that's what I don't have a lot. I get home pretty tired after work, and even then I need to find some free time to sit down in front of my PC alone, just to play LOMAC... well, you can come to conclusion how I felt in the end :badmood: :crash:

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

ive spent...maybe up to 2 hours on one mission. It was a basic navigation and formation flying training mission that i made for my element, i was the flight lead at the time i had my squadron. I made a pretty standard scenario and as detailed as possible with correct altitudes, adjusted weather, vehicles and other support for the aircraft. It was actually quite alot of fun just making the mission. I know its a pain if you just want to make a quick mission but if you want something detailed its quite good!

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

you need to repeat the whole process of designing the mission, just to change the time ?!

No, you just change the mission start time in the briefing screen, and all the waypoint times (and spawn times) correct themselves automatically. You can do this at any moment even when hosting the mission, same goes for weather and failures.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

No, you just change the mission start time in the briefing screen, and all the waypoint times (and spawn times) correct themselves automatically. You can do this at any moment even when hosting the mission, same goes for weather and failures.

O man, you just made me feel like a :clown_2:

The only thing I have to deal with is, copy/pasting objects. Let's say I want to taxi trough airport full of static planes, do I really need to go through all the menus, just to place the same static plane besides the last one?

I would also like to save some types of columns - I usually mix amour with pair of Shilkas in the back and front and a Tunguska in the middle. It would be nice to save them, just like you can save different types of ordinance for a/c, and just pick them up when i want from the menu.

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

I agree Suntrace1, that would be nice. And this is also the only editor related issue I'm angry about. It's really annoying. Maybe ED will update this feature in the future patch release...

But what Ruggbutt said is true - actual version of the editor is way better than the original one. It's very powerful when used properly. And sim isn't an arcade game, it's very complex thing, so it's hard to make everything comfortable for everyone.

:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902