newbie + cyborg evo questions, plz help!

Guest anabeces

Guest anabeces

normally i play fps games and the 1st thing i usually do is configure/map all the keys and then change them accordly as i get familiar with the game.

but lomac is my 1st flight sim EVER and i seriously don't even know most of the terms in the mapping keys section so it makes it kind of difficult to even get started.

anyways...i am wondering if anyone on this forums that uses the same joystick as me can post there cfgs or joystick profile or a link or even pics or anything to help me configure my cyborg evo joystick (non force version).

thanks in advance,

At first it might seem daunting to map all those functions, but take it in small steps - map the basic, most used functions when flying the A-10 and spend a little time to get used to them (luckily there's an excellent A-10 tutorial out there, see below.)

Then you'll be able to move on to map (mentally as well as on your stick and keyboard) the more advanced radar functions of the fighters more easily. Taking it all in at once could put you off the game.

1. First, make sure your basic functions are set right (axis 0 and 1 are already set but on the cyborg evo you need to set "axis 2" to Thrust and "rotator 2" to Rudder.

By default you'll also have Fire (for all weapons on Russian planes, but only guns on the US planes) on the index trigger and Release weapon (for everything else on US planes) on button 2, and views on the numpad keys and hat. For now this will be enough.

2. If you have 1.12a, Get http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/Downloads/Getting_Started_Part_2--The_Flight.exe

Which comes with a video, an A-10 training mission and a small key command list for the A-10 functions used in that mission.

Watch the vid, run the mission, and map the keys you need the most. You'll most likely end up mapping at least Lock target/Ground stabilize, (default: Tab) Change pylons, (def. D) chaff and flares to your joystick buttons.

If you don't have 1.12a you'll have to make the mission yourself, just download the Part 1 video from http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/flightbasics.htm which will take you through the steps. Oh and power up right/left engines are mapped differently in 1.0/1.02 so you'll have to find that entry in the "flight" part of the input options.

(BTW When you're done mapping you should also check out the rest of the content on that site. If you don't mind spending an hour being guided through the interface you also should watch Part 1 whether you have 1.12a or not.)

3. Run the training tracks for the plane you want to fly first, take notes of which keys you'll use the most and map them as you wish. If you do step 2 you have already mapped the basic keys, but with the fighters you also have some radar functions you might want to remap.

(BTW slewing the target box and locking an air target with your radar-equipped fighters uses the same buttons as slewing the Maverick's seeker and ground stabilizing it.)

4. Run some quick canned missions for the plane(s) you want to fly to "iron" your profile out.

Good luck!