Nevada Flight Info Pub (FLIP) by the 476 vFG

Snoopy

The 476th is proud to provide our 476th vFG FLIP to the DCS Community. Updated to include Nevada expansion airports.

NOTE: Mag Var for these charts is only valid for missions dated in the mission editor as 2011

This was created using real world charts (airport diagrams are made from scratch) with applicable information updated specific to DCS World. The TACAN approaches for Creech are very low quality, we will be updating these eventually.

We hope you enjoy, updates will happen when needed.

Download here.

WUpUxU.png

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 1

Not trying to be a bhole, but all the work is already done for you minus groom

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KLSV

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KINS

• Like 1

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII

Indeed, but the real world charts do not match 100% with what we see in DCS.

The real charts are of course workable and we've had a pack of them available on the 476th site for download for a while, but nothing beats having a FLIP tailored specifically for the sim. We'll also be including many of the Nellis departure and recovery procedures and other details that are not available on airnav.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Many thx and a Great share:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Thank you Snoopy! Do you also plan to include VFR procedures for Nellis and Creech in possible future releases?

Well technically as they're VFR procedures, they aren't charted and so wouldn't be in the FLIP. They are part of the Nellis In Flight Guide IRL.

But they may be added depending on what we do with our Nellis/NTTR IFG and if it's made public one done, although at the least I think it'll be necessary to redraw the visual representations of each departure and arrival for clarity.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Well technically as they're VFR procedures, they aren't charted and so wouldn't be in the FLIP. They are part of the Nellis In Flight Guide IRL.

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing or if it's a misconception of FLIP on my side, but there surely must be a publication (called Visual Operation Chart) for VFR approaches and departures in the USAF. In the German Air Force we certainly have them, and they look like this

03_VAD_UG24_Tbilisi_Soganlug.jpg

(Find these absolutely excellent charts made by an enthusiast for the DCS community here, most DCS users will already know them)

Nevada Flight Info Pub (FLIP) by the 476 vFG

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing or if it's a misconception of FLIP on my side, but there surely must be a publication (called Visual Operation Chart) for VFR approaches and departures in the USAF. In the German Air Force we certainly have them, and they look like this

03_VAD_UG24_Tbilisi_Soganlug.jpg

(Find these absolutely excellent charts made by an enthusiast for the DCS community here, most DCS users will already know them)

We don't in the USAF, the Nevada (and Georgia and Russia) charts that I made are mirror images of what we use in the USAF. We know about the charts you referenced, we used them initially until we developed our FLIPs because we wanted to mirror USAF procedures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Snoopy

We don't in the USAF, the Nevada (and Georgia and Russia) charts that I made are mirror images of what we use in the USAF. We know about the charts you referenced, we used them initially until we developed our FLIPs because we wanted to mirror USAF procedures.

That's interesting, I assumed all NATO air forces pretty much use a common/standardized set of charts.

I just found the real world IMC and VMC plates for Nellis AFB & Creech AFB in your download section. This is what my heart was longing for :) I hadn't known about them before.

Thank you very much for your excellent work! It's a giant leap towards more realism in this sim.

No there isn't. Where a visual depiction of a visual procedure is desired they can be made of course as with the Nellis visual recoveries and departures, but as the whole point of a visual procedure is that it is flown visually rather than looking at and flying by a chart they aren't part of the flight info pubs. The visual depictions of VFR procedures are just there to help describe the procedure to pilots unfamiliar with it, and are part of the Nellis IFG, not any FLIP.

The charts you speak of are well made, but not in keeping with USAF procedures at least, and to my mind at least they are somewhat redundant from the start. If you're relying on coordinates and looking at a chart etc. then it's not a visual procedure.

Spoiler